PDA

View Full Version : Spider Tomb: Guide

Tyger7
08-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Spider Tomb

This is a pretty quick level after you know what you're doing. You have to extend the bridge by jumping on all the hanging platforms with small ladders on them (so you can jump on them to weigh them down). After lowering all 3, get to the bridge. Shoot the explosives above the big rolling spike trap. When the trap comes in your direction, run backwards and hang on the ledge of the bridge.

Weapons: 1
Relics: 2
Artifacts: 4
Power Ups: 4

Score Challenge

Reward: Weapon (Fast Action Rifle)

The flamethrower works extremely well on the spiders so abuse it. When there are tons of spiders droppig around you, just rotate your analogue stick in circles and you'll almost instantly kill them all(assuming you come back to this with good artifacts/relic). It's pretty important you don't get hit, because the spiders come in swarms so you'll miss out on a lot of points if you get too early on. Switch weapons when non-spider enemies emerge. Make sure you go in the first tomb where tons of spiders drop down when you step on the pressure plate.

Reward Challenges:

Challenge: Achieve a hole-in-one

Reward: Health Powerup

YouTube- Spider Tomb Challenge: Achieve a hole-in-one

Challenge: 12 leaps over the triple trap

Reward: Ammo Powerup

YouTube- Spider Tomb Challenge: 12 leaps over triple trap

Challenge: Extend the bridge in 4:00 or less

Reward: Two Arrows of Tezcatlipoca

YouTube- Lara Croft Time Challenge: Spider Tomb

Challenge: Defeat Leglion, Queen of all Spiders

Reward: Clay Feather

This giant spider jumps down on you after you lower the bridge. Kill it to complete this challenge.

Collect 10 Red Skulls

Reward: Stone Owl

Collectibles Walkthrough:

Red Skull 1
Hard to miss. You will need a boulder to put on a fire pit, the skull is under the boulder you have to move.

Weapon: Flamethrower
Shortly after the skull, you'll find a a tomb next to a health regen. Lay a bomb down as tons of spiders will be showing up and grab it.

Challenge: Hole in One
You'll find a spiked boulder swinging around that you need to put on a fire pit. Wait until it's a bit before the fire and detonate the bomb.

Ammo Upgrade
After doing the above challenge and facing the ball in the fire pit, look to Lara's left and throw a spear at the wall. Jump on it and you'll see the secret area.

Red Skulls 2-4
Once you get to a switch that opens a gate after the previous challenge, go
backwards and up the stairs. You'll see all 3 skulls there by a swinging spiked boulder.

Challenge: 12 Leaps over triple trap
The above description of where the skulls are has this trap. Stand in
the trap jumping over each pole that comes your way.

Artifact: Clay Feather
Now use a remote mine to destroy the trap, to find a hidden artifact.

Red Skull 5
Now that you are back on track you'll find the skull behind a shut gate to your left as soon as you enter the area that was opened by the pressure pad. Just run along the panels to trigger all of the traps which opens that gate.

Red Skull 6-9
You'll arrive at the giant spike trap that gives you the achievement "Beat a
better mousetrap". You can get the achievement and skulls in one go, or if you fail you try again even if you haven't died. The spikes reset after you
get off of them.

Artifact: Stone Lizard
Go inside the tomb in the same room as above since getting all of the spikes up will also open the door to it. Throw a spear into the wall ahead of you. Now run on the spike traps and jump to the spear. Once they retract, you can safely go back.

Health Upgrade
Continue on until you see a grapple point (it's very obvious). Grapple it and
lower yourself down the opposite ledge to grab it.

Challenge: Defeat Leglion
After extending the bridge fully, Leglion will pretty much drop in on you moments after doing so.

Red Skull 10/10
Run down the stairs after defeating Legion and all the way to the wall so you know where the skull is. Now use a few spears to build yourself a way up.

Relic: Sceptor of Cihuacoatl
Before you get on the bridge, backtrack all the way back to the first hanging
block. Jump on it, and it will lower you down to where you can now get the relic.

YouTube- Spider Tomb Collectibles Guide

zurk78
08-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Thank you a lot, all credits should go to you.

TeKo
08-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Wow I have no clue how to do the "hole in one" Room in coop.
Anyone already did it?

_Nosferatu_
08-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks a lot for this!

I had no idea there was an artifact underneath the three balls trap! :)

Kyanite
11-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Challenge: Achieve a hole-in-one

Reward: Healther Powerup

Challenge: 12 Leaps over tripple trap
The above description of where the skulls are has this trap. Stand in
the trap jumping over each pole that comes your way.

Artifact: Stone Lizard
Go inside the tomb in the same room as above since getting all of the spikes up will also open the door to it. Throw a spear into the wall ahead of you. Now run on the spike traps and jump to the spear. Once they retract, you can safetly go back.

Great work, but there are a few typos. I've underlined them in the above quote. Moreover, the spider queen's name is Leglion, not Legion. Again, great work and good call on including the videos.

Tyger7
11-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Great work, but there are a few typos. I've underlined them in the above quote. Moreover, the spider queen's name is Leglion, not Legion. Again, great work and good call on including the videos.

I appreciate you taking the time to point those out for me, I really hate when I make typos. Fixed them, thanks a lot!

Cyberia
01-07-2011, 05:02 PM
According to the statistics menu in the level selection i'm still missing one power up. The weird thing is that i've collected everything and completed all reward challenges. :confused:

Edit: Nevermind. Missed a ammo upgrade.

cassetto
01-15-2011, 10:00 PM
me too.....

the_b1ues
08-13-2012, 05:57 PM
I always seem to be about 10k off the top score.Am i missing something.