PDA

View Full Version : The Jaws of Death: Guide

Tyger7
08-24-2010, 09:42 AM
The Jaws of Death

This scenario has you running for your life, but at the end, you set your own trap.

Weapons: 1
Relics: 0
Artifacts: 3
Power Ups: 0

Score Challenge

Score 60,000
score 80,000
score 110,000

Reward: Weapon (High Power Flame Thrower)

Gaining all gems and shooting down all enemies on the pillars will really help here, and of course being careful not to get hit!

Reward Challenges

Collect 10 Red Skulls

Reward: White Drum

Challenge: Escape in 2:00 or less

Reward: Wind Drum

YouTube- Lara Croft Time Challenge: The Jaws of Death

Challenge: Destroy all of the enemies on columns

Reward: Gold Arrow

You will need to be far ahead of the beast so you can continue to kill the enemies that are standing on columns. If you miss one, you can reload or die to try again.

Collectibles Walkthrough:

Red Skull 1
As soon as you start the level, it's to the right.

Red Skull 2
As you head up the next stairs, this skull is very well hidden bhind the top left pillar.

Challenge: Destroy all of the enemies on columns.
As you run for your life, pause for brief moments to take out the enemies that are on the columns.

Red Skulls 3-10
All of these are easily seen on the bridge as you run away from the summoned beast.

YouTube- The Jaws of Death Collectibles Guide

MepsiPax187
08-24-2010, 10:08 AM
any tips on how to take out the enemies? Like what gun to use or what's the quickest way to kill them?

Tyger7
08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
any tips on how to take out the enemies? Like what gun to use or what's the quickest way to kill them?

I thought the spear worked the best, though you'll have to be quick and can't afford to miss much. I haven't tried a lot of weapons, but if you get our Relic Power Meter full, anything with a high rate of fire will do the job very nicely.

DeRa1s
08-24-2010, 11:30 AM
The Golden Shotgun plus any relic with Scatter Shot, Power Shot and Ammo Regen works very well. Just point in the general direction of the mages and pull the trigger - almost no aiming required ;)

It also helps to have artifacts that grant a speed bonus equipped since they allow you to put a little more distance between yourself and the monster.

shinobigarth
08-31-2010, 05:05 AM
what about the Automatic Shotgun? ill try it with that with power and scatter shot.

ZcoreCA
09-06-2010, 05:21 AM
I tried the golden shotgun, and it will certainly work, but I was running out of ammo since I kept getting hit and losing my relic power. Obviously not getting hit solves that problem, but I used the High Power Single Shot Rifle. It still killed in one hit without RP and didn't use as much ammo (needs more accuracy though).

If you are unsure about which gun to use, I suggest experimenting on the first two column enemies that spawn before the boss. Find a gun that will kill in one shot without your relic being active.

With
Artifact 1: Speed +1, Defense +1, Bomb +1, Weapon +1 (Jade Heart)
Artifact 2: Speed +1, Weapon +1 (Wind Drum)
Relic: Power Shot, Power Bomb, Ammo Regen, Scatter Shot (Fist of Tezcatipoca)

GoThatWay
11-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Just one note for everyone is going through this "kill all enemies on the columns" thing. You don't have to do it all at once. You can also die in the attempt...just be sure you kill everyone.
I am saying this cos i didn't get it in the first place...i tought i had to do it in 1 try in order to get the achievement but it is not like that :)

E vee dub
12-16-2011, 03:56 PM
These were my choices because I hadn't played the rest of the game yet. I selected from the items I had available so far.
These items were sufficient.

You can fill your relic meter before the chase begins.

Weapon:
High Power Assault Rifle (page 2, top middle)

Artifacts:
Wind Drum
White Drum

Relic:
Golden Arrow of Tezcatlipoca (Power Shot, Scatter Shot)

Earned the points, as well as kill all enemies on columns.

Good luck! It's not too bad.

LARA CROFT: GUARDIAN OF LIGHT 200/200G, Dec 17th, 2011