PDA

View Full Version : Insanely easy early money

DarthWellington
08-25-2010, 03:13 AM
A bit of a grind, but the lock picking keeps it from being a boring one.

Very early on, you unlock the junkyard. You should be able to do this as soon as you get a part where you have to go somewhere to start the next mission. Go back to the junkyard, there's 2 ways in. One the way you got there the first time, on the way to which you'll pass a large truck or similar that you can just get into. The other way is around the back by the train tracks.

When you pull up, next to the building the owner of the junkyard is in there's a large container. There will be 2 vehicles near it. Either drive the car you're in into it (if it's not one you want to keep, I don't know if one of your garage vehicles will disappear if you crush it) or pick the lock on one of the other two vehicles and drive that one in there. Get out of the car, go up the stairs, hit X, the car gets crushed and you get about $400. Repeat with the other cars next to it (there's a truck and a sedan that spawn). This is simple everyone probably already knows this bit.

Here's the fun part. Go back out the first way and as soon as you go under the arch, hop the fence on your right. Go through the gap between buildings and there will be a parking lot with 3 cars pointed towards the back of the lot lined up, one pointed that way all the way in the back, and one that's pointed right at the parking lot exit. Pick the lock (make sure there's no cop car crossing the parking lot entrance, though I don't even think they can see that far back) and get in. Go out the exit, hook a right and keep to the right, which is the way into the junkyard by the train tracks. When you get back to the crusher, the truck & sedan will have respawned. Crush the car you drove for $400, and the respawned truck & sedan for another $800, rinse repeat.

In maybe 15 minutes I had $5000 more than I started with.

I looked at threads and didn't see this (and search seems to be broken for me at the moment), hopefully it helps folks out with money early on in the game, it's definitely helping me. Only problem now is I can only keep 10 cars in the garage at Joe's and I keep finding ones I like to upgrade and repaint. :)

fresh fish 101
08-25-2010, 06:10 AM
interesting... i will try. thank you.

partydudes
08-25-2010, 02:12 PM
cool thanks for the info will have to try

mcgraw x3
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM
this is a good fast way to make money but
*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER

when you go to jail you lose all money and guns etc.
so i do this when i get back to empire from out of jail and there is usually 2 cars near junkyard so i crush them both like 5 times and get around 4200 cash then you dont really need cause the missions do do after that give you like 2000-5000 cash each

MediumMelanin
08-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Holy snap! That's gotta be awesome...a video would be cool...

suprhumannewman
09-01-2010, 01:49 AM
this is a good fast way to make money but
*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER

when you go to jail you lose all money and guns etc.
so i do this when i get back to empire from out of jail and there is usually 2 cars near junkyard so i crush them both like 5 times and get around 4200 cash then you dont really need cause the missions do do after that give you like 2000-5000 cash each

You lose your money again after that, too. Money, and grinding money, is pretty much pointless in this game. You don't need it, and if you do get it, you lose it anyway.

DENAz666
09-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Easier way to do it, is just put all the cars in at once. You can crush up to 4 cars at once, and you get money for all of them :)

I figured this out as soon as i unlocked the junkyard and notice the car spawn right next to the compactor

Kaz 421
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM
You lose your money again after that, too. Money, and grinding money, is pretty much pointless in this game. You don't need it, and if you do get it, you lose it anyway. Yeah I got tired of grinding for money when it just always gets taken away from me, same goes for the guns too. I just Finally stopped after I got 70k and it got taken away in chapter 12 I think?

Oh and another way to get easy money is to take the Lassiter Series 75 Hollywood car or any convertible to Derek. Perfeably the 75 Hollywood 'cause you get 2,500 for it. There's a good spot where they kinda spawn at in East Side. If you wanna do it that way I suppose.

YouTube- Mafia II - Achievement - Exporter

WhiteWolf
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't think I've ever been quite as mad at a game as when you lose everything the second time. Maybe more so at myself for wasting time grinding money but still. :mad: At least you don't lose your cars.