PDA

View Full Version : Fiery Depths: Guide

Tyger7
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Fiery Depths

This level has a lot of trial and error. The first time you play, you'll probably die a lot. It really only has the objective of making it to the exit.

Weapons: 2
Relics: 2
Artifacts: 3
Power Ups: 6

Score Challenge

Reward: Spear of Fire

This is a pretty hard level, so not dying is tough. You will need to get as many gems as you can, as wel as avoiding damage when you are facing enemies. Luckily the score is set low.

Reward Challenges

Collect 10 Red Skulls

Reward: Relic: Golden Shroud of Cihuacoatl

Challenge: Reach the exit in 5:00 or less

Reward: Artifact: Dark Drum

YouTube- Lara Croft Time Challenge: Fiery Depths

Challenge: Heal the rolling ball

Reward: Artifact: Wind Drum

YouTube- Fiery Depths Challenge: Heal Rolling Ball

Challenge: Sacrifice 3 skeletons to the scorpion crest

Reward Health Powerup

YouTube- Fiery Depths Challenge: Sacrifce 3 skeletons to scorpion crest

Challenge: Jump to all 6 spider tile platforms

Reward: Ammo Powerup

YouTube- Fiery Depths Challenge: Jump to all 6 spider tile platforms

Collectibles Walkthrough:

Red Skull 1
Soon after starting the level, you'll hit a grapple point. Climb up and the red skull is to the left of the grapple ring.

Ammo Upgrade
After grabbing the above skull, head right and jump on the two gaps to reach the ammo upgrade you should have noticed.

Relic: Mask of Ehecatl
You'll notice a handle switch you can pull, which stops the fire blocking a tomb holding a relic. Pull the handles then go down the stairs until you see the tomb. Once inside, put all 3 boulders on the pressure dishes to grab the relic.

Red Skull 2
You'll come to the spider platforms, and the skull is on the very first tile that you can jump to.

Health Upgrade
The health upgrade can be seen while jumping on the spider platorms.

Challenge: Jump to all 6 spider tiles platforms
The spider platforms have rotating fire traps that will kill you if you get touched by the flame. While jumping to each platform, just hang on the side while the flames are going around.

Red Skulls 3 and 4
You will see these on your normal path through the level. There is a ring with flames that rotate around it, and the 2 skulls are there for the taking.

Weapon: Chaingun
Exactly where the above skulls are. The gun is glowing on a platform just waiting to be grabbed.

Red Skull 5
You'll see this as you go down a wall of flames. You can grapple and swing over to it.

Ammo Upgrade
This is on the left of that same flame wall. You'll have to swing and then jump to it.

Red Skull 6
After passing the floor with waves of fire, you'll see the next skull by a boulder before going down the stairs with a gap.

Challenge: Heal the rolling ball
The same boulder as described while getting the above skull. You must push this backwards to before the floor with flames. You will have to use your spears and the ball itself to jump over the flames coming towards you.

Artifact: War Drum
You will soon arrive back to a bunch of platforms and spinning heads that shoot flames. Make your way straight across and up to find a tomb. Inside is a very easy to get artifact. Just use the rotating platform, so that you can jump to the target and to the left side. Now jump to the target, place
a bomb, then go pull the handle switch on the left. Now detonate the bomb as you jump back to the rotating platform and get the relic on the other side.

Red Skull 7
This will be easily seen as you are making your way through the level, it's on a platform with the spinning heads that shoot flames. It will be the left as you go down.

Health Upgrade
This is to the right of the skull mentioned above, and very easy to see and get.

Challenge: Sacrifice 3 skeletons to the scorpion crest
You'll get to a point where there are flame gates. You must kill all the enemies before you can continue. Run up the stairs and make a skeleton crumble on the crest with a scorpion painted on it. Now plant a remote bomb and destroy the skeleton on the crest. Do this with two more skeletons.

Red Skulls 8 and 9
You'll come to a bunch of spinning platforms that you must time your jumps on. There are also a few spinning heads shooting flames, but they don't cause much trouble. Both skulls are on these platforms.

Red Skull 10
Right after the platforms, a bunch of falling burning rocks will be falling from the sky. The skull is on a platform to the left.

YouTube- Fiery Depths Collectibles Guide

Augustus Leto
12-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Hehe, I noticed that you got the Tomb Raider achievement at the end of the speed run for this level. Coincidentally, that was the last thing I needed to do too before I got it. Thanks for the guide dude, it was a great help.

E vee dub
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow!

I barely made it.
My time:

4:58

LARA CROFT: GUARDIAN OF LIGHT 200/200G, Dec 17th, 2011

Lavindathar
02-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Just got it first attempt in 4mins 38 seconds. This level is actually far easier if you speed run it....or at least for me. Every trap lined up perfectly for me to run straight through!