PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Chau?

Heroic Fortune
08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
So, I managed to get up to the last stage but Knives father hasn't shown up yet on the main map.. is there something I need to do?

Xoatl
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM
He's a random occurrence.

sinwar14
08-26-2010, 04:42 AM
do you have to do an entire level for him to appear... cause i kept on exiting a stage for 2 hours straight and still no Mr.Chau

mcnichoj
08-26-2010, 07:22 AM
do you have to do an entire level for him to appear... cause i kept on exiting a stage for 2 hours straight and still no Mr.ChauAnother user said it was possible to just start the stage and exit to the map over and over again. Maybe you just have really bad luck?

sinwar14
08-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Another user said it was possible to just start the stage and exit to the map over and over again. Maybe you just have really bad luck? its prolly cause i dont believe in luck

mcnichoj
08-26-2010, 07:30 AM
its prolly cause i dont believe in luckNor do I, it's all just probability of an event occurring.
You just so happen to have unfavorable probability.

sinwar14
08-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Nor do I, it's all just probability of an event occurring.
You just so happen to have unfavorable probability.
exactly!!! o well will try again later today hopefully i hit the magic percentage and get him. then off to getting nega scott

DJ579
08-26-2010, 11:40 AM
well Mr. Chau has popped up in my game multiple times...and I beat him every time. but only got the one sticker thing, one time...anyone know how you would get the rest of them?

sizone
08-26-2010, 02:02 PM
What I've found out so far: Beat the game on easy, let the credits role then go back to campaign, select the hardest difficulty and choose the character you just beat the game with. Mr. Chau will be waiting for you. Beat him and you'll unlock him and his missus for -that character only-. Once they're unlocked spam the striker attack, Mr. Chau comes out about 1 out of every 2 or three strikes and Mrs. Chau about once in every 10-20.
To get the achievement then you need to beat the game with all the characters (not sure if negascott or Knives are required yet), unlock the elder Chaus for all the characters then summon both of them. It's basically a "beat the game with all characters" achievement and it'll take a while to get. Just be glad they didn't do the same on Castle Crashers.

L0cke89
08-26-2010, 02:06 PM
What I've found out so far: Beat the game on easy, let the credits role then go back to campaign, select the hardest difficulty and choose the character you just beat the game with. Mr. Chau will be waiting for you. Beat him and you'll unlock him and his missus for -that character only-. Once they're unlocked spam the striker attack, Mr. Chau comes out about 1 out of every 2 or three strikes and Mrs. Chau about once in every 10-20.
To get the achievement then you need to beat the game with all the characters (not sure if negascott or Knives are required yet), unlock the elder Chaus for all the characters then summon both of them. It's basically a "beat the game with all characters" achievement and it'll take a while to get. Just be glad they didn't do the same on Castle Crashers.

Nope, no Mr. Chau after the game. I got him twice during the normal game but always, when my HP was like 20-30 so he beat me >.>

N3xus Gam3r
08-26-2010, 02:09 PM
He appeared 2 times for me, both with a win-win situation :)

he seems to appear randomly

-GJ-
08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Been trying to get him show up for like 45 minutes now, but with no luck :(.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Does he not come at all after you beat the game? I saw him once before with like no HP left, but never saw him again...

Todaysforgotten
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
I just beat the game with all 4 characters and have yet to see this dude pop up anywhere. I'm thinking about playing it with nega to see if anything else unlocks...don't really want to.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-26-2010, 09:25 PM
This is starting to annoy me, really. I'm trying everything to get him to appear, and it's not happening. :( Maybe I'll just play to unlock Nega Scott and just find him again...

Todaysforgotten
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Beat the game with Negascott. Nothing unlocked. 5th run-through and no Chau.

nateeasy
08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
He just popped up for me in my second playthru. He is just a little icon on the map so it may be possible to overlook.

Napp
08-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I got him 1st play through after beating Level 5.. didn't think he was rare but I walked up to him anyway and we did battle

Son of Kyuss
08-26-2010, 10:11 PM
He popped up on my map once I beat the game. You have to take into consideration that it's a random encounter, you're gonna have to tough it and either continue playing through the game as whatever character you choose and just look at the map once you beat a stage. Otherwise just keep returning to map until he finally shows up.

jonnyboi2008
08-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Ok so i see Mr.Chau on the map but he's beside the level is any one else having this problem 2?

T-Hybrid
08-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Chau showed up on the map. I slide kicked him and the game locked up. Haven't seen him since... :(

Todaysforgotten
08-27-2010, 01:13 AM
This is the stupidest achievement. I've spent so much time messing around with this game that at this point there is no point in not getting this final achievement. Why make this an achievement? If this were just part of the game (as it is) I would even care to try to fight him.

I finally get chau but, i don't have any cheats on and its on the hardest level and i have no health. With the controls being wonky sometimes they got the best of me as i had him glowing fast. Now another 80 hours before i get him again. So much fun.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Maybe certain conditions have to be met?

Mars Renegade
08-27-2010, 01:55 AM
The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

Obviously no guarantee it'll work for everyone, but, that's my method.

T-Hybrid
08-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Why make this an achievement?
Because it requires a certain level of skill and luck to unlock.

Todaysforgotten
08-27-2010, 02:56 AM

I don't buy that as their reasoning or as any reasoning. I firmly believe most of the time a dev does not think of how to make achievements hard. When they do it fits into the norm of: beating a game without dying or continuing or with out any upgrades or powerups. The most logical things...

This to me is something they thought would either be cool or quickly thought up. Any time probability is used in an achievement is a bit overkill.

Since you can do this with cheats or on any setting skill is hardly involved. I mean isnt that what most of us do when it comes to unlocking an achievement? We take the easiest road? Kinda defeats their true purpose in a who's who generation of achievement achievers.

sinwar14
08-27-2010, 03:16 AM
luck isn't real dude its all probability

T-Hybrid
08-27-2010, 04:19 AM
I don't buy that as their reasoning or as any reasoning. I firmly believe most of the time a dev does not think of how to make achievements hard. When they do it fits into the norm of: beating a game without dying or continuing or with out any upgrades or powerups. The most logical things...

This to me is something they thought would either be cool or quickly thought up. Any time probability is used in an achievement is a bit overkill.

Since you can do this with cheats or on any setting skill is hardly involved. I mean isnt that what most of us do when it comes to unlocking an achievement? We take the easiest road? Kinda defeats their true purpose in a who's who generation of achievement achievers.
That's a whole lot of words to say: "I can't unlock it so it sucks."

luck isn't real dude its all probability
You're lucky if the probabilty lines up as such that you're not low on health when he appears. And you're also lucky if the game doesn't freeze while you're fighting him (as mine did).

Todaysforgotten
08-27-2010, 04:40 AM
The times I have managed to unlock Mr. Chau, what I did was replay the Todd boss fight over and over - it's quick (especially at 100 str), you get 20 bucks and an extra life. Usually after the 2nd or 3rd defeat he's popped on the map, and I've done it a couple times.

You're a life-saver, dude. This worked on the 3rd go against Todd. And since i can't unlock it, so it sucks, i beat it on the hardest setting without getting hit and with no cheats...(t-hybrid).

There is no such thing as luck. Its variance and probability that determine what you are trying to defend as, "luck."

T-Hybrid
08-27-2010, 05:24 AM
You're a life-saver, dude. This worked on the 3rd go against Todd. And since i can't unlock it, so it sucks, i beat it on the hardest setting without getting hit and with no cheats...(t-hybrid).
Wow...take it personally much? And apparently you're no longer acting like this achievement sucks and the game is broken and the makers should apologize to you. Likely because you've unlocked it now so all's good.

I see it all the time. Achievements are the worst thing ever until the person unlocks them, then suddenly they're no problem and the world goes on as if it never happened.

There is no such thing as luck. Its variance and probability that determine what you are trying to defend as, "luck."
Wow, I realize the cliche about "Winners make their own luck" and all that good stuff....but man, talk about driving it home ad nauseum here.

I'll tell you what luck is. Good luck is having your console locking freeze come just after the game has saved your progress. Bad luck (which I had) is having it come just as the Mr. Chau battle starts.

Good luck is what you call it when favorable probabilities start paying off for you. Bad luck is what you call it when unfavorable probabilities start piling up against you.

Clear? Good? Is this stupid semantics bru-ha-ha over now?

sinwar14
08-27-2010, 07:33 AM
I'll tell you what luck is. Good luck is having your console locking freeze come just after the game has saved your progress. Bad luck (which I had) is having it come just as the Mr. Chau battle starts.

Good luck is what you call it when favorable probabilities start paying off for you. Bad luck is what you call it when unfavorable probabilities start piling up against you.

Clear? Good? Is this stupid semantics bru-ha-ha over now?
i hate to still be dragging this out but "luck" is a word/thing that humanity created to have something to believe in(we depend to much on non-existent things as a species)

and i still havent found mr. chau sadly... will try later today...again

mcnichoj
08-27-2010, 07:39 AM
i hate to still be dragging this out but "luck" is a word/thing that humanity created to have something to believe in(we depend to much on non-existent things as a species)

and i still havent found mr. chau sadly... will try later today...againTried playing as different characters?

sinwar14
08-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Tried playing as different characters?
well as 1 other then got bored and started playing starcraft 2

Phoenix57775
08-27-2010, 09:27 AM

This worked like a charm! I had already played through the game three times and Chau was still a no show. Then I tried your method and right after my third battle with Todd, there was Chau! Excellent find my friend, was really getting worried he wasn't gunna show up for me.

Mars Renegade
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
This worked like a charm! I had already played through the game three times and Chau was still a no show. Then I tried your method and right after my third battle with Todd, there was Chau! Excellent find my friend, was really getting worried he wasn't gunna show up for me.

No problem, glad it helped.

T-Hybrid
08-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I wonder if the "trigger" is just beating Todd and that sets off the probability. Again, storyline wise it makes sense since it's between Todd and Roxy that Mr. Chau shows up to confront Scott about what he did to Knives.

Heck, the one and only time I've seen him so far is after the first time I beat Todd.

ShazamFTW
08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
A)Luck can be used to describe something that happened past tense. i.e. I was "lucky" I was "unlucky", however describing future tense as "I will be lucky" is stupid. Ignoring the ability to be lucky or not in the past tense is stupid.

B)Anyway, with that said, does anyone have a screenshot of Mr. Chau on the map, so I know what to be looking for? :-)

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Come to think of it, the one time I did see Mr. Chau was after the Todd fight...

Time to go kill Todd like fifty times.

MONOXBOOG1E
08-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I just found and defeated him last night and here's how he showed up for me:

After clearing the game with Scott on Average Joe difficulty i maxed out his stats and then collected around $600. I then started a 2-player game on Average Joe difficulty again with Scott as P1 and Kim as P2 with the intent to transfer the $600 to Kim and then transfer that back to my main on another character (Ramona, Kim, Stills) to make the next playthrough quicker. As soon as i started up that 2-player game Mr. Chau was sitting right there at the Chaos Theater.

It definitely looks to be a random occurance for him to appear but there very well may be some prerequisites for it to happen as well.

sinwar14
08-27-2010, 06:11 PM
finally found him after over 1000 return to maps he appeared about 100 of them were killing todd and now i get him and ms.chau every other time

Kailaz182
08-27-2010, 07:11 PM
Playing "The Main Stage" over and over will spawn Mr. Chau. Just did it myself. Got it on 3rd try. You have to defeat Todd and in few tries Mr. Chau will show up ;)

T-Hybrid
08-27-2010, 07:18 PM
B)Anyway, with that said, does anyone have a screenshot of Mr. Chau on the map, so I know what to be looking for? :-)
I don't have a screen, but it's a guy dressed in black that's about the size of your character's icon on the map. He stands on top of the level icon, so you'll know he's there when the normally yellow spot on the map is black.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
I just got Mr. Chau by playing "The Main Stage" 3 times. Seems to be a sure-fire of way f making it happen...

nano scythe
08-27-2010, 09:35 PM
I have Mr. Chau, I got him when playing as Kim. Do I have him unlocked for everyone or will I have to use Kim to get the Chaudown achievement?

Mars Renegade
08-27-2010, 09:36 PM
I have Mr. Chau, I got him when playing as Kim. Do I have him unlocked for everyone or will I have to use Kim to get the Chaudown achievement?

Have to use Kim, you unlock him only for the character you fought him with.

I will try to see about getting the method I posted added to the achievement guide.

N3xus Gam3r
08-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Have to use Kim, you unlock him only for the character you fought him with.

I will try to see about getting the method I posted added to the achievement guide. Thats not right, ive been using him for several characters, only unlocked him with one of them :b

nano scythe
08-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Also, I was getting Kim's last move, and before I went into the forest level I got a glimpse of another figure on the map. Since I already have Mr. Chau I'm just wondering if he shows up again? Or if it's a different character?

TakahashiDemon
08-27-2010, 10:52 PM
btw people, it's easier to make him appear if you fight a boss, like don't quit out of the stage, I had him appear 3 times in my game, 1st time fail, other 2 times I beat him, I'm just wondering, does he need to be beat by each character? And what about Mrs Chau? does she have to be summoned by each character? I'll like to know as I'm for working on this achievement soon.

It also wasn't Todd it was Lucas Lee on hardest mode, and Ninja girl was my second.

Also, I was getting Kim's last move, and before I went into the forest level I got a glimpse of another figure on the map. Since I already have Mr. Chau I'm just wondering if he shows up again? Or if it's a different character?

I got him at that time too, and you don't needa worry, he's shown up 3 times for me, if you get defeated first time, you can always try getting him appearing again.

L1 SyCo L1
08-28-2010, 12:06 AM
All I have to say is that I really enjoy it when he shows up and then you have him to the point of death and the game crashes..... good times.

Mars Renegade
08-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Thats not right, ive been using him for several characters, only unlocked him with one of them :b

Yup you're right, dunno where I came up with that.

MYYYY BAD.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-28-2010, 01:33 AM
That'll make fights easier. Mr. Chau destroys everything!

MasterWolf
08-28-2010, 08:18 AM

I can also confirm, it has to be at the highest difficulty though. I was trying at easy and normal and it wouldn't work, but then when I switched to hard it worked right away. I was also at 75/200 hp.

Sharkington
08-28-2010, 02:16 PM
He appeared for me during my first playthrough, which was Scott on Supreme Master difficulty. It was after I had already done a TON of grinding to get my level and stats all the way up, since this was before I knew about paying off the late fee to raise my stats faster.

I played through with every other character on Average Joe (and a second time with Kim) and never saw Mr. Chau again. So maybe play on Supreme Master when you're trying to get him to appear? It may just be entirely random, but it couldn't hurt to try that.

The Todd method seems to be working for people, but he appeared for me after getting killed by Gideon and continuing.

Jay_Tigran
08-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I also tried the Todd method and it worked after the 3rd go around

justindcovey
08-29-2010, 12:35 AM
I tried the Todd way but it didn't work, Roxy on the other hand got it for me twice in a row.

mcnichoj
08-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm just wondering, does he need to be beat by each character? And what about Mrs Chau? does she have to be summoned by each character? I'll like to know as I'm for working on this achievement soon.No, I only beat him with two characters and still got it.

TakahashiDemon
08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard this rumor that if you only beat Mr Chau with a character that has completed the game, the achievement glitches, do you really need to use a character that hasn't completed the game to get it? Kinda want to know before I finish off the next 3 playthroughs.

NUTTY CRUSADER
08-29-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard this rumor that if you only beat Mr Chau with a character that has completed the game, the achievement glitches, do you really need to use a character that hasn't completed the game to get it? Kinda want to know before I finish off the next 3 playthroughs.

Aw geez I hope that's not true...

HeatGuyStu
08-29-2010, 09:27 PM
At f*ckin last. Didn't work with beating Todd a zillion times in a row but did on the 2nd go with Roxy. What is also worth noting for everyone is that Mr Chau is not exactly the easiest guy in the game so don't just assume you'll take him when he shows up. Altho I did have it on Supreme Master, only because he didn't show up at all on any other skill level. Anyway, I played Todd so many times I now officially hate the Akira veggie rip off.

Rev. Link
08-30-2010, 06:02 AM
I just wanted to add that he popped up for me after my third time in a row beating Todd, but I was only on Average Joe. Seems difficulty is not a factor.

ErmacVersion1
08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Finally got the bastard to appear for Scott after beating Roxie twice, since the Todd method didn't work and I had 86 lives and over a grand to show for it. Chau is now mine for Scott, and Scott only. You do have to beat him with each character to get both Chaus as strikers. After I got him with Scott, I tried using him with other characters and he wouldn't show up.

Rev. Link
08-31-2010, 03:39 AM
Finally got the bastard to appear for Scott after beating Roxie twice, since the Todd method didn't work and I had 86 lives and over a grand to show for it. Chau is now mine for Scott, and Scott only. You do have to beat him with each character to get both Chaus as strikers. After I got him with Scott, I tried using him with other characters and he wouldn't show up.

Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I've read multiple posts here claiming the opposite. Another thing I've read here is that only one character has to use Mr. and Mrs. Chau in order to unlock the Chaudown achievement. So maybe it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the other characters.

ErmacVersion1
08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
Okay, I'm having this same problem, but I've read multiple posts here claiming the opposite. Another thing I've read here is that only one character has to use Mr. and Mrs. Chau in order to unlock the Chaudown achievement. So maybe it doesn't matter if we can't use them with the other characters.

I'm hoping that's the case as I beat Mr. Chau with Ramona last night. After beating the game with her, he was just chilling at the start of level 7. I beat him with Ramona and unlocked him, then used him in the shopping district, but Mrs. Chau never once showed up. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but this is one wonky annoying achievement. Easily doable, but a major pain in the ass nonetheless.

TakahashiDemon
08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm hoping that's the case as I beat Mr. Chau with Ramona last night. After beating the game with her, he was just chilling at the start of level 7. I beat him with Ramona and unlocked him, then used him in the shopping district, but Mrs. Chau never once showed up. I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but this is one wonky annoying achievement. Easily doable, but a major pain in the ass nonetheless.

She'll show up, she is just really rare, you'll get her eventually.

MONOXBOOG1E
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM

You absolutely do not have to beat Mr. Chau with each character to get Mrs. Chau, i only beat him with Scott and Ramona and i got the achievement. Mr. & Mrs. Chau will only appear as strikers for the characters that have defeated Mr. Chau, not for all characters.

What i did was play through will all characters using their unique striker calls several times during the first few levels and unlocked Nega Scott. I then when through the first level with Nega Scott using his striker call several times. I then went to level 3 with Scott (who had defeated Mr. Chau) and began spamming his striker call. Only took 4 or 5 tries to get Mrs. Chau to show up and Mr. Chau showed up twice, achievement unlocked right on que. I did not even attempt to call Mr. or Mrs. Chau until i had used every other striker call, maybe that had something to do with it.

masterlink55
09-01-2010, 04:22 PM
UGH! This is SO annoying. I HATE it when something gets in the way of my final achievement that involves complete randomness. This is reminding me of Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. The final achievement for unlocking all other achievements will unlock at random. It's been over 3 months since I got 900 in that game and to this day, still no luck.
Sorry, back on the subject, I've defeated Todd 7 times in a row, still no luck. Incase any of this matters, I've beaten the game with everyone, just unlocked Nega Scott, I'm playing as normal Scott with all stats maxed out, difficulty is Average Joe, and I'm not using any cheats.

masterlink55
09-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Sorry to post again but I GOT HIM! YES!!! I just got home from work, put the difficulty on Supreme Master and decided to beat up on Todd ONCE for an extra life, then BAM! He showed up near stage 6. After defeating him, I went to a stage, summoned Mr Chau, then immediately afterwards, summoned Ms Chau. 200/200 :)

Aquaman6686
09-03-2010, 05:57 AM
Spent nearly 4 hours exiting in and out of levels, fighting Todd over and over, even going back the the main menu and back into the game repeatedly. He has NEVER appeared.

Westrunner
09-05-2010, 09:09 AM
My experience:

After going after the twins repeatedly (10 times maybe) and having already beat the game on Supreme Difficulty with Scott, the Todd Ingram method worked for me on regular difficulty with Stills who I had not yet beat the game with. The fourth time I beat Todd he was on the board.

Also I am stunned how often he and Mrs. Chau pop out. Having called strikers 10 times she showed up once and he showed up six times. Now I just have to hope that she doesn't have to actually kill anyone for the 'chievement to pop.

Fromaginator
09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
So what is the consensus on Mrs.Chau is she just rarer when you press the LB? I beat Mr.Chau once as Kim while I was going through average joe.

Sampson
09-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I personally haven't gotten him yet, but my brother got him after beating the first level. He didn't kill him though. What happens when you do?

tobiasdennis
09-05-2010, 11:45 PM
I've maxed out all my characters and in the meantime chau hasn't shown up on my map ONCE. this is SERIOUSLY an 'effing dumb achievement. fuck this game.

eightyse7en
09-06-2010, 04:08 AM
as it stands for me: finished the game with all characters, used the striker for all characters (making sure i definitely dealt damage with the relevant strikers), unlocked negascott.

once i finished my run through with negascott i took the advice from here and went through the main stage looking for chau. first go, he popped up between stage 1 and 2 once i was back at the map. so far i've only defeated chau with negascott alone.

i've used mr and mrs chau enough times with negascott to be certain that chau's dealt damage because, let's face it, he's immense; but mrs chau's also scared off a fair few people.

but still no striker achievement as of yet. i've also left the credits running each time if that even matters.. god i hate those credits.

that leaves me with one option left - killing chau with the rest of the characters and using both the chau strikers with each one.

also, i love the music from the film set stage. the sooner it's my ringtone the better.

Fromaginator
09-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree those credits are a it out of hand I beat the game three times yesterday so I could get negascott and it honestly takes about an hour to finish the game on average joe with bionic arms and the power of love, and then the credits are something like 15 minutes.

As to my own question earlier when you unlock Mr.Chau he and mrs.chau ocassionally show up when you use the striker, and I think the best person to try to get mrs.chau with is Romona since if you get knives she'll give you back some guts making it less of a waste.

Greg0fTheDead
09-07-2010, 04:47 AM
I beat the game with stills co-op on avg. joe then came to this thread to read up on this cheevo. I did the Todd method and he popped up after I beat todd a second time on AVERAGE JOE difficulty. I really feel sorry for anyone thats been trying to get him for hours cause he popped up for me within ten minutes..

I think I spent more time reading this thread then I did trying to get him to show up.

lolz?

Kerwyn2112
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Finally got him to appear while playing as Scott, using the Todd method (Starting on "The Main Stage" and finishing the stage, defeating Todd). Took me nearly 40-50 tries, using different methods I saw online. I bumped the difficulty up to Rough and Tough after about 30ish attempts on Average Joe and after a few more attempts, Chau finally appeared on the "Level 5, Halloween Party" marker.

I'm not sure what really affects his pop rate. I used a number of different tactics, including not using any cheats, boosting up the difficulty a bit, and lowers my health down to 30 (I kept my Guts maxed out though).

Even on Rough and Tough, my maxed out Scott made short work of him (Already got killed by him twice previously before I had Scott maxed out, so I wasn't going to let him push me over again XD) and the fight only lasted for about a minute tops.

I had a heck of a time trying to get him to appear, so hopefully any of my forementioned methods help those who are having a bad time trying to get him to appear on the map.

eightyse7en
09-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Fromaginator, (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=25929)Greg0fTheDead and (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=52560)Kerwyn2112, (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=91322)

you've all mentioned getting chau but have any of you got the achievement yet? i've got chau with scott and negascott (and used all strikers) but still no achievement; i'm just trying to narrow down the criteria for it.

it's sounding more and more like i need to get chau for all characters but i don't want to say that for definite if it isn't true.

Kerwyn2112
09-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Fromaginator, (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=25929)Greg0fTheDead and (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=52560)Kerwyn2112, (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=91322)

you've all mentioned getting chau but have any of you got the achievement yet? i've got chau with scott and negascott (and used all strikers) but still no achievement; i'm just trying to narrow down the criteria for it.

it's sounding more and more like i need to get chau for all characters but i don't want to say that for definite if it isn't true.

I'm still working on unlocking NegaScott, the majority of my time was spent getting Chau that I haven't had the time to go through the game with all four characters.

Besides, if you're having issues, try resetting your System Cache. Haven't seen that as a common fix on the forums, but I know it works with other achievement problems.

EDIT: Just ran through all four storylines and got NegaScott. Used NegaKnives once and achievement popped no problem.

Agefist
11-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Do you have to find him with every character, or just once?

Astian
11-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Do you have to find him with every character, or just once?

Each character has to beat him individually to be able to get him to appear as their Striker move. However to unlock the Chaudown Achievement, one character only needs to summon both him and Mrs. Chau. They both appear randomly, however enemies need to be on the screen for Mrs. Chau to appear. Otherwise it will be Knives who will jump on and off the screen, or Mr Chau who will appear, bow, then disappear.

Agefist
11-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to make sure. I was trying to make him appear with the other chars, but it was taking forever. Thanks, I like your sigpic btw.

Astian
11-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Thanks, I made that a couple of years ago now... >_>;

spectreon
11-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Annoyingly random... got Chau to show up only once, on my 4th play through, that i know of and it wasnt until I was entering the next level I noticed it... to late!!!! grrr...

Tried getting him to pop up by replaying Todd, changing difficulty and characters... Finally picked Kim (the last character I beat the game with) on Hard and low and behold Chau is waiting for me, ironically on Todds spot... now to use both Chau's moves... Also ironic the only character I have seen him with

Arkstrife
11-24-2010, 01:03 PM
i found some tip, im just playing for 2 days always with power of love sword, with all characters and Chau doesn't appear, but today, after i beat a zone he just pop up.

What is the different with yesterday?

im not using Power of Love Sword code this time.

Maybe Luck? Just try it.

I hope this help.

hahahero
11-24-2010, 04:04 PM
i found some tip, im just playing for 2 days always with power of love sword, with all characters and Chau doesn't appear, but today, after i beat a zone he just pop up.

What is the different with yesterday?

im not using Power of Love Sword code this time.

Maybe Luck? Just try it.

I hope this help.

yeah man, i think its straight luck. i didn't come across him until the end of my last play through.

Arkstrife
11-24-2010, 04:43 PM
yeah man, i think its straight luck. i didn't come across him until the end of my last play through.

Since this morning i have mr chau with all characters (always without using love sword code), so i'm very lucky then lol :woop:

Phantom-Phive
11-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Mr. Chau showed for me on my first playthrough with Scott, Power Of Love Sword code was activated and it was after I beat the game and just messing around on the map. I did the "main stage" level and he showed up immediately after I beat Todd Ingram. He also showed up for me on Kim on my first playthrough with her. Both playthroughs were on Average Joe and the Power Of Love Sword code activated.

A ZombieTwinkie
11-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I've gone through the game 4 times now. Once on Average Joe with the Power of Love Sword. Once on Supreme Master with the Sword. Then twice on Average Joe without the Sword, or any code activated. Beat Todd 5 or 6 times on Average Joe, then tried on Supreme Master and nothing. Gonna go through with NegaScott and see if I can get anything.

Hopefully when they patch things, they'll do something about this. I've got a friend who has gone through the game 6 times now and he hasn't shown up at all.

----------------------

Sweet. Went through with NegaScott. Hopped on Youtube and looked at a video. Was at level 4, but went back to level 2 and beat Lucas Lee for a second time and then Mr. Chau popped up right below me.

Went back to playing like normal and after using the Striker button about 10 times, Mr. Chau had popped about 5 times and Mrs. Chau popped twice. Finally got all 200 on the game.

LackAttack24
12-20-2010, 10:32 PM
I had already beaten the game with Scott, Ramona, and Kim on Average Joe. I also beat the game with Scott on Supreme Master. After reading this thread, I beat Todd on Average Joe with Scott, returned to the menu, and loaded up Supreme Master with Scott and Mr. Chau was waiting for me at the Chaos Theatre. Even with full power, he was still tough to beat! I still have to play with NegaScott for the achievement, but it looks like I got the tough part out of the way.

Good luck getting this achievement.

Daggra
12-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones then. After I beat the game for the first time on Average Joe difficulty, I went back in, and there he was chillin' at Stage 5. I also had the Power of Love cheat on, so I went in, swung the sword a lot of times, and beat him. I haven't even started my second playthrough, but good to know that I already have Mr. and Mrs. Chau, haha.

Alphaqsilly
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
I unlocked Mr. Chau with all the characters and called him and Mrs. Chau with each character and I still didn't get the achievement. I made sure they hit an enemy when I called them too. Whats up with that?

Arkstrife
12-22-2010, 08:04 AM
I unlocked Mr. Chau with all the characters and called him and Mrs. Chau with each character and I still didn't get the achievement. I made sure they hit an enemy when I called them too. Whats up with that?

U Need to use the skills of all characters not only Mr./Ms. Chau skill, maybe that?

Higginjoe
12-28-2010, 10:55 PM
This might seem completely bonkers to everyone, and might dispel some myths, but I just ran into (and beat) Mr. Chau, on Average Joe, with the Power of Love code in, the first time I beat Todd as Stephen Stills.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Just did it with Ramona after beating Roxie for the first time. I had full health, too, on top of being on Average Joe and using the Power of Love.

I think encountering him really is just a matter of luck or probability or karma or whatever you choose to believe.

Alphaqsilly
12-29-2010, 01:38 PM
U Need to use the skills of all characters not only Mr./Ms. Chau skill, maybe that?

I used all the skills for every character.

This might seem completely bonkers to everyone, and might dispel some myths, but I just ran into (and beat) Mr. Chau, on Average Joe, with the Power of Love code in, the first time I beat Todd as Stephen Stills.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Just did it with Ramona after beating Roxie for the first time. I had full health, too, on top of being on Average Joe and using the Power of Love.

I think encountering him really is just a matter of luck or probability or karma or whatever you choose to believe.

Triggering the encounter with Mr. Chau isn't too hard the problem is getting the achievement to unlock.

Higginjoe
12-30-2010, 01:04 AM
Then I feel silly for deleting that original part of my post. I have the Chaus for all of my characters but Kim, and I've only ever used them with Scott and Stephen Stills. After I unlocked NegaScott and used NegaKnives, the achievement unlocked for me. I'm under the impression that Mr. and Mrs. Chau only have to be used by one character, and each character has to use their version of Knives.

KingSigy
12-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Then I feel silly for deleting that original part of my post. I have the Chaus for all of my characters but Kim, and I've only ever used them with Scott and Stephen Stills. After I unlocked NegaScott and used NegaKnives, the achievement unlocked for me. I'm under the impression that Mr. and Mrs. Chau only have to be used by one character, and each character has to use their version of Knives.

That is exactly it. You only need to call in both Mr. and Mrs. Chau, doesn't matter with whom. Obviously Negaknives and Knives need to be called in, as well.

Earth Djinn
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Fighting Todd over and over worked for me, but I had to do it on Supreme Master as he never showed up for me on any other difficulty.

APassingShadow
07-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Just got Mr. Chau to appear (beat him 1st try but had 0 lives 0 HP and 0 GT :woop:) .

Here is what I did. Played Average Joe. New character lvl 1. NO CHEATS. Played levels 1-4. Replayed 1-2 to buy bionic arms and he was on the map after I finished that level. I had 0x lives I think this helps trigger him.

Also Knives DLC is on sale for 80 m$ this week