PDA

View Full Version : EA Montreal Contacted

AntoMUFC
08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Read / Believe what you'd like below

Mach: Hi, my name is Mach. How may I help you?
: i was cut off by a very rude Andy a second ago
Mach: I apologize for that.
: myself and the xbox community are wanting answers from EA
Mach: Regarding what?
: we've now waited 6 months, and 100's of forum posts later, and we still have no answers!
: regarding the DLC Achievements in the Army of Two 40th Day
Mach: Well your issue has been escalated to the senior level.
: were all stuck on 1000/1250 because there glitched
: we've been told this till were blue in the face
Mach: So, I would request you to please wait for a reply on that incident.
: the replies are always full of crap
: with standard text that leads to absolutely nothing at all
: why dont EA come out with a statement and give us all our money back
Mach: If you want to contact us by calling then you can call 650-628-1001, this service is available between 8AM PST till 5PM PST.
: i'm from the UK
: if you think i'm international dialing and giving you more money then your mistaken
: EA's conduct towards bug fixes is a disgrace
Mach: Ok, I'm transferring you to the UK support.
: i'm a computer programmer, and if there are bugs in my code
Mach has disconnected.
Michael has joined the chat.
Michael: Hi, my name is Michael. How may I help you?
: do you have the above transcript?
Michael: Yes.
: could you read it and give me your view
Michael: Yes I am reading it.
: as i said, if there are bugs in our computer programs we are made to fix them within 2 weeks, why is this not the case with EA, why do they feel is acceptable to keep us waiting 6 months?
: why do EA continue to sell the DLC taking our money and giving nothing back
: knowing its full of bugs
Michael: Could you please tell me from where did you purchased the game and when ?
: The game came NEW from Zavvi in December
: *January sorry
: and the DLC i got on the first release day in March
Michael: Please tell me the DLC name .
: i got 1000/1000 in January, you released the DLC and were all stuck on 1000/1250 because the achievements DONT unlock
: Chapters Of Deciet
: there 1000's of us waiting for an answer, we get told goto the forum which is empty, nobody from EA posts there. We get told its been escalated, we just get crappy standard emails which are unhelpful and a compete waste of time as they lead to nothing
Michael: We are aware of this issue.Our engineers are working hard on it to get it resolved.It will be fixed soon.
: when you say working hard what does this mean
: because, when i work 'hard' on bug, big or small it doesnt take 6 months to fix
: are you telling me the dev's have had the AO2 project open and 8hrs a day for the past 6 months trying to fix what would seem to be a relatively easy bug to fix?
Michael: Big bugs need more time to fix.
: i appreciate that, but are they working on it everyday?
: or are they too busy working on Medal Of Honour and dont care about AO2 anymore as it fetches no more money in
: it amazes me that it took just 2 months to get Chapters Of Deceit built, but over 6 months to fix what from the outside would seem a simple bug . . .
Michael: We can understand the frustrations as we are getting negative feedback because of the developers but we are at customer support level we cannot take decisions to make the things better.
: why cant you give the developers a big kick up the arse
: if i took this long, u can guarentee my MD would have me out the door already
Michael: At this point, I may need to escalate this issue to my senior level support staff for further investigation and better assistance. Should I escalate this issue?

Please be informed that there is no live support on higher level. They should contact you via e-mail.
: they've contacted us before tho Michael and its the same email sent to all the 100's that do escalate it
: no matter what i say, or the next man to contact u, we get the same monkey generated email
: i appreciate its hard on your front but can you see why its really p****** us off?
Michael: Yes because the issue is not fixed yet.
: if your car broke down, would you let vauxhall for example take 6 months to fix it?
Michael: Well I don't have car and also I will complaint the consumer complaint agencies about that car if broked.
: and after the complaint, how long would you expect to wait to get it back (if you had one)
Michael: The agencies will talk to the company and make them to fix it soon.
: exactly, why cant EA get us a fix soon and make us all happy again
Michael: Only God knows that or the developers.
: its frustrating Michael
Michael: Yes I know.
: apart from escalating is there anything else you could do to get this pushed thru
: i'm looking forward to MOH and dont want to be held back from buying it because of the AO2 failings
Michael: I can escalate the whole chat as e-mail to the developers straight.
: could you please do that
Michael: Yes sure.
: and will that be a more personal response?
Michael: Yes but we have no direct contacts of them.
: ie a response to me and my problems outlined above
: thats great, i look forward to receiving this email and sharing it with the Xbox community
Michael: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?
: thats everything i guess for now
Michael: For future reference, a transcript of this chat can be found within the ‘My Questions’ above.
: could you email it to me?
Michael: Yes the same chat transcript will come to anto_heley2k2@hotmail.com also.
: i dont see it in my questions
Michael: It will generate when this chat ends.
: ahhh i see, and you can assure me its gone to EA Montreal
: thank you
: lets hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later
Michael: Thank you for your participation in the EA Games Chat Support.

Take care, Bye!
: goodbye
You have disconnected.

AntoMUFC
08-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I shall post the response i get 'direct from the developer' once it comes in.

i'm betting its the standard crap us lot have already had

EA Shenron
08-25-2010, 09:25 PM
6 monthes later, i'm still impressed by your dedication to this issue. I hope this time you'll get a correct answer and the patch will be released soon. hey wait a minute, Christmas is only 4 months away, there's still hope !!

MRT TERMINATOR
08-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Good work mate! I know it's all we can do for now unfortunately. I think every possible entry regarding to EA is notified and tried. I know about bugs, i myself work in the IT but if things escaled like this the chief manager makes a call to the developersdepartment and the next day all customares are patched with the corrections. Then we are just a local business in my country so i don't see the problem. Let's hope that patience will pay off finally ..........

AntoMUFC
08-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Hello Gamer,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts regarding your issue with Army of Two: The 40th Day. I understand that this can be frustrating and I'm going to do my best to resolve this issue for you as fast as possible.

Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working towards a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for when they will deploy a fix. We ask for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,
EA Montreal

Br0kenAssass1n
08-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Hello Gamer,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts regarding your issue with Army of Two: The 40th Day. I understand that this can be frustrating and I'm going to do my best to resolve this issue for you as fast as possible.

Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working towards a solution. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for when they will deploy a fix. We ask for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue for you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,
EA Montreal

Wahey for more fobbing off. Ah well, well done for trying again.

verte200
08-30-2010, 12:41 AM
They are nvr going to fix it this has gone on long enough

HalfEVILmonkey
08-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Just do what I do...never buy another EA game until they fix it. Oh, I still play EA games, but I only rent them now. That minimizes the amount of money that EA gets from me without me losing the "enjoyment" of playing one of their games.

Xplozion27
08-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Can't people just wait till Reach comes out and then send EA employees 2 months with a free copy of it? :)

Delta_Juggalo
09-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Just do what I do...never buy another EA game until they fix it. Oh, I still play EA games, but I only rent them now. That minimizes the amount of money that EA gets from me without me losing the "enjoyment" of playing one of their games.

Is this including games that aren't EA produced? such as Mass Effect 2 and Dragon age

Filter x360a
11-10-2010, 03:51 AM
It actually disgusts me that this problem hasn't been fixed, but doesn't surprise me.

CRDMUDRUNNER
11-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks for putting the time into this!! We are all hoping for a patch soon. I bought the game at launch and along with the DLC all paying full price. And yet to be let down again but EA. With NFS Prostreet, Battle Field Bad Company, Then this!!! I hate to ever send them a dime but then there are the great EA games, Dante's Inferno, Dead Space and more with sequels to be launch. PLEASE EA FIX OUR GAMES!!!