PDA

View Full Version : Do Data Miner & Silver-Tongued Devils cross playthroughs?

SoulFlame555
08-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Ok, so I have 47 Speech and 38 Terminals done on my main playthrough. I've done all the DLC's except the riverboat. However, I want to start another playthrough to get the 8/14/20 neutral and evil cheevo's as well as the paradise falls ding.

For the record, I searched on these through the forums and there are a TON of posts but none I could find an answer to this directly. I'm sure I missed it in there, but this seemed less time consuming :)

So, if I start a new playthrough, will it reset the "counters" to 0 on me? Or do I just need to succeed at 3 speech and 12 terminals to knock these out?

Thanks a ton in advance!

ViRaLuNdEaD
08-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm 99.9% sure that it doesn't count across plays, so you'll want to knock those out before you start a new one. Someone else may know for sure. It shouldn't be hard to find a few terminals you haven't hacked (there are probably lists on here somewhere that you can run through) and you should be able to find 3 speech challenges easy enough, probably even in PL, since you haven't completed that yet.

RaZeDieFox
08-25-2010, 04:08 PM
For the speech challenges go to Little Lamplight and speak with Knock Knock and do the endless speech chain with her. (As long as you pass the speech each time).

And terminals should be cake to find, just explore every building, most factories and such have atleast 3 or 4, for turrets, robots, or data.

SoulFlame555
08-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Can I do the little lamplight if i've already finished that chain?

RaZeDieFox
08-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Yea you shouldnt have a problem. I wasnt sure if I was able to, but when I went and found Knock Knock and it worked. The basic rundown of the convo is, you say tell me a joke, then interrupt with your own funnier answer, then when she tells you what her answer was, you do the speech challenge which is where you tell her it was hilarious (lie). Rinse and repeat as long as you pass the speech everytime (mine was 100% success).

LostNomad47
08-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Soul, if you play through again, make sure to save at Level 7/13/18. Gain XP as neutral to Lvl 8, reload and go on a massively evil killing spree and have evil karma to get at Lvl 8, do the same for the Lvl 14 cheevo. For Lvl 20, save at Lvl 18, level up at neutral karma for 19 and use the perk (forgot the name) to instantly bump you up another level to get to 20 and then do the same thing on evil karma.

Just a suggestion someone else had posted up here unless you truly enjoy the game enough to go through 3 playthroughs.