PDA

View Full Version : Playing on Hard, and stuck at Chapter 13 WTF!!

Painkiller Q8
08-25-2010, 06:13 PM
* Spoiler Alert *

the mission at the harbor, when you have to kill Derek and Steve

I can kill Steve without problems, but when I go inside the billding to kill Derek, enemies start coming around while Derek throwing Molotovs (Fire Bottoms) on me. even the covering can't avoid the flames and I die in 2 or 3 seconds !!

WHAT TO DO ?? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :uzi:

Sticki
08-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Take cover on the right. This is probably the hardest mission in my opinion, you have to be on your toes.

Necromancer2k8
08-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Take cover on the right. This is probably the hardest mission in my opinion, you have to be on your toes.

your right about it being the hardest mission in the game. I died probably 20 times before I figured out a decent method.

I ran straight in and towards the back left (you will be under the 2nd level so you can't get hit with anything from the 2nd level, fire, guns, etc). While your running towards the back you will have 2 enemies, one in front of you towards your right slightly and one basically directly to your right once your under the 2nd level. Kill those 2 and take a rest behind the crates and reload whatever weapon your using. Then I moved out on the left side (these directions are based on facing towards where you entered the building) to try and trigger a 2nd set of 2 enemies that come down the stairs on your right. You will probably move just beyond the 2nd floor walkway to trigger them. When they come, run back to where you took cover earlier and take those 2 enemies out. I triggered another set of 2 enemies doing the same thing so that left me with steve and 1 other enemy that do not come down the stairs.

At this point I made a mad dash for the cover right near where you entered. There is a roof beam and some crates (near the stairs going up). If you set your cover up right the fire can't hit you and you can BARELY see steves head over a crate he throws the molotovs from. If you have the single shot rifle you can graze his head for an easy kill. That leaves 1 guy left who you can kill from the stairs or ground.

This was the most annoying and frustrating part of the game for sure.

Painkiller Q8
08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
phew !! I just finished that damn mission !

what I did, I hide on the left side and killed only the guys with guns.. then I kept shooting the boss with the shotgun randomly until he died..

but when you go up, even after killing him, sometimes the game glitch and give you more enemies and the will take you down in 1 sec :O !!!

Sticki
08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
This is why I played on medium first. Now, going through on hard, it is a breeze.

VisionsOfDemise
08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
This mission annoyed me so much, I threw my controller once and was shouting and bawling at the TV for about an hour. I rarely ever get annoyed at games now I just got so used to dying lots since I play most games on hardest difficulty straight away now. :)

TheRetroAntonio
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
By playing on hard you only have to play the entire game once then just go back and collect what you missed:woop:

x S 7 R I K E Z
08-25-2010, 10:03 PM
the part where you kept on getting stuck at is pretty simple. go into the building turn left a go up the stairs into dereks office and just pick them off from there.

JuniorMT
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
dereks office was locked on my game. so i went to the right side, threw out my 3 grenades knocking all the guys dead. waited for the two to come out of dereks office, killed them, and got a headshot on derek with the magnum. and I was done. took me about 15 tries though and a lot of curse words, lol.

pasnake
08-25-2010, 11:49 PM
is easy ,grab a car and Sheva in the garage until the end, kills 2 that there are hidden and then to the 2 above, so did I, certainly if you go with the car to the back where are 2 enemies, one will be in the car, is a bug in the game xD

fresh fish 101
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
is easy ,grab a car and Sheva in the garage until the end, kills 2 that there are hidden and then to the 2 above, so did I, certainly if you go with the car to the back where are 2 enemies, one will be in the car, is a bug in the game xD
uhhhhhhh... huh?

Tru_Warrior
08-26-2010, 12:42 AM
lol Chapter 13 was pretty damn easy. And yes, I'm playing on the hardest difficulty. Not sure where you all were having problems at. I saw this thread and thought I was in for a world of trouble. Just did this chapter right now with no problems whatsoever.

Sn1gaaaZ
08-26-2010, 01:18 AM

I did it similary but I had no bugs. I take the car in front of the hall and drive to the end inside of the hall, got out from the car and kill the two random guys who spawns there. So you are under the second level and Derek can't hit you with molotovs, what I did was just trying to throw grenades up to the second level while I stood by the wall near the stairways that leads you in derek's office. After he was getting killed by one of the grenades the cutscenes appears.

mcgraw x3
08-26-2010, 06:43 AM
kill the guys on the bottom first and when ever he throws a molotov i just use the crates near you (left one, middle one and right one) every time he throws it, now just so you dont get fucked like me when you kill everyone (except derek) two guys run down staircase and there is two in dereks office, this took me 15+ times

mcgraw x3
08-26-2010, 06:44 AM
* Spoiler Alert *

the mission at the harbor, when you have to kill Derek and Steve

I can kill Steve without problems, but when I go inside the billding to kill Derek, enemies start coming around while Derek throwing Molotovs (Fire Bottoms) on me. even the covering can't avoid the flames and I die in 2 or 3 seconds !!

WHAT TO DO ?? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :uzi:
and pretty sire this is chapter 14

Frost007
08-26-2010, 07:21 AM
I'll I did was run up the left stairs when the door closed, this will prevent him from throwing Molotov's at you and you'll have a nice advantage over the ground floor enemies.

rubiq
08-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Driving the car to the back of the warehouse if rubbish as the 2 gun enemys kill you before you can get out of the car..

Best tactic i found (cleared game now on hard)

Run towards the back but sticking to the left.

as you underneath the top section of the warehouse (to be safe from fire attacks from steve and derek above) you see some large girders, positon yourself behind them and kill the 2 gun enemys that spawn at the back of the warehouse

Reload and go back halfway (still not exposing yourself to the upper section) and two waves of 2 gun enemys run down the stairs, position urself to kill them before them get down..

1 more enemy appeared also on my go which noones mentioned (making 5 people that come from upstairs) again kill as you did previous.

This is the tough bit, the bosses tend to stay back from the ledge yet continue to throw pinpoint molotovs at you from above, I stayed underneath and slowly snook out on the left keeping a watch upstairs, you eventually see one of thems head, shoot with a pistol for headshot kill.

Now, you should just have one remaining, make a run for the girder near the stairs, its a safe spot that molotovs cannot hit you from, take steve out from the safety of here,

After you trigger this, cutscene appears, you then think its safe to go running up the stairs.. WRONG.. theres one more gunner, again poke your head to the right of the girder and youll see him, kill him and jobs a gud un..

Dont forget to rob the safe upstairs for much cashback !!

Cheers

The Cripplers
08-26-2010, 09:26 PM
This part sucks. It wouldn't be nearly as frustrating if this POS game had decent checkpoints.

Deagletime
08-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Rushing straight through to the left or right was the best way IMO, you take out the two guys then pick off the guys that come down the stairs, all that will be left is a tommy gun guy on the upper right, the molotov thrower, and derrick.

Kill the tommy gun guy by peeking out and shootin straight up, then if you move around a bunch on the left side and the molotov guy will just keep throwing bottles, he ended up killin himself and derrick

Killerchronic
03-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Having just spent a good hour trying to do this i read about another way that worked second go for me which i will post here.

Providing you arrived in a car once you have taken out all of the mobs before the garage door, go and get in your car and drive into the water (not the blue car more guys arrive in, you cant enter that) when it places you back on land the garage door will be closed and the door to the office up the stairs will be open. From here go inside, open the door to the warehouse and then back off and hide behind the filling cabinets, from here you can pick off all the guys around the balcony and the ones coming up the stairs, it took about 5mins as i didnt want to risk moving but eventually it was done. He cant touch you with a molitov from this position.

The19MrHockey
03-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Driving the car to the back of the warehouse if rubbish as the 2 gun enemys kill you before you can get out of the car..

Best tactic i found (cleared game now on hard)

Run towards the back but sticking to the left.

as you underneath the top section of the warehouse (to be safe from fire attacks from steve and derek above) you see some large girders, positon yourself behind them and kill the 2 gun enemys that spawn at the back of the warehouse

Reload and go back halfway (still not exposing yourself to the upper section) and two waves of 2 gun enemys run down the stairs, position urself to kill them before them get down..

1 more enemy appeared also on my go which noones mentioned (making 5 people that come from upstairs) again kill as you did previous.

This is the tough bit, the bosses tend to stay back from the ledge yet continue to throw pinpoint molotovs at you from above, I stayed underneath and slowly snook out on the left keeping a watch upstairs, you eventually see one of thems head, shoot with a pistol for headshot kill.

Now, you should just have one remaining, make a run for the girder near the stairs, its a safe spot that molotovs cannot hit you from, take steve out from the safety of here,

After you trigger this, cutscene appears, you then think its safe to go running up the stairs.. WRONG.. theres one more gunner, again poke your head to the right of the girder and youll see him, kill him and jobs a gud un..

Dont forget to rob the safe upstairs for much cashback !!

Cheers

First of all, I did it with the car method and driving it to the back (on HARD difficulty). The enemies will NOT shoot at you. I saw them spawned, then they simply walk to the front of the pier and realized you're at the back!

By this time, you would've been out of your car and hide behind your car. *I drifted my car in so it's perpendicular from the entrance AKA more cover for you.

Shoot the 2 guys that spawned in the lower levels.

Instead of moving around in the bottom levels, I got in my car and drive to the middle pillar and once again, positioned it so that it's body is alongside the 2nd story edge.

I went out a bit on the right side *stair side to trigger two sets of 2 enemies (one set each time, so you'll be with 2 enemies at one time).

I'm not sure if there was another enemy that came down for mine but I think there are 6 enemies plus Derek so your numbers are right IMO.

To kill Derek, I simply go to the right hand side, saw where he was throwing the molotov from and then throw some grenades hoping that it will kill him. I got it after the third grenade (whether his health was low enough to be killed or I just got him on the third one lol).

There's no "CUTSCENE" after you killed Derek! You just simply started thinking to yourself while shooting the rest of the enemies. A CUTSCENE is a scene where you DON'T play in it and watch how the story unfolds. So yes, there were more gunners on the top and on mine there was only one on the right hand side. I simply went to the right hand side by the pillar and crates *stair side by the gate entrance.

The game will tell you when it's safe!!! On the top left of your screen gonna be a light blue writing of "search derek's office for money" or something like that. I was just laughing on your last sentence.. don't forget to rob the safe... The game told you to search the office and that is the reason you went to Derek in the first place: to get money!

Anyways, more than 1 method works and find the best for you.

I tried to do the glitch of running the car of the pier and I thought this was harder because you can't see the guys coming up the stairs and then they decide to enter the room and shoot you...

djrapperz
03-24-2011, 09:24 PM
I never had any problems with this chapter. After reading the thread I was dreading doing it lol

DBurchHero
03-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Im about ready to say screw it and not finish the game on Hard. The 150 GS (first playthrough so I dont have the medium difficulty either) is not worth it to me right now.

BonzoKurosawa
04-04-2011, 01:35 AM
This part was more down to luck than anything. I ran halfway up the stairs first to take out as many enemies on the level above before running back down for cover from the Molotovs, and then ran forward in the warehouse until you're underneath where they can get you.

Habs14
04-04-2011, 07:27 PM
This mission pissed me off so much it took me forever to do it. The easiest way is to grab a car drive it in the water and the main door is closed. Go up the stairs and you can stay in the office area and kill the enemies from there. Waaaaay easier that way and it's a breeze

MC Something
04-13-2011, 03:08 PM
I just saw this on Youtube. I haven't even played the game yet but I want to and was worried I'd have problems with this part. This seems to be the best/easiest way.

YouTube - Mafia 2 chapter 14 stairway to heaven warehouse walkthough on HARD

Swiftlightning3
05-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I found this difficult until i ran straight down the back of the warehouse and killed the 2 men and jus chilled under the 2nd floor for a while until i started killing them 1 by 1

ginuwine_import
05-07-2011, 08:09 AM
i kinda cheated. I drove a car half-way in and backed out to the harbor before the gates shut and then picked off the enemies from the outside. ended up being pretty easy. At first i rushed inside and got killed a lot but this tactic worked wonders.

Pedroanavitch
05-22-2011, 03:06 PM
this mission was idd a bitch, but i just hid in the office, as soon as i did that the whole sequence was made so much easier :P

TheShadeSnake
05-28-2011, 08:46 PM
i kinda cheated. I drove a car half-way in and backed out to the harbor before the gates shut and then picked off the enemies from the outside. ended up being pretty easy. At first i rushed inside and got killed a lot but this tactic worked wonders.

Lol, didn't realize you could do that. Yea I just died continuously until I drove a car all the way to the back. It was pretty easy after that.