PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Light: Guide

Tyger7
08-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Temple of Light

This is the very first level, and everything is easy to find. It's more of a tutorial level, teaching you all the different things you can do. Work your way to the exit, and that's all you have to do.

Weapons: 1
Relics: 2
Artifacts: 3
Power Ups: 6

Score Challenge

Reward: Weapon: Magnums

This level, being the first, is very easy to get more than enough points in, especially if you are coming back after getting many artifacts and relics.

Reward Challenges

Collect 10 Red Skulls

Reward: Artifact: Stone Arrow

Challenge: Reach the exit in 6:00 or less

Reward: Relic: Headdress of Ehecatl

YouTube- Lara Croft Time Challenge: Temple of Light

Challenge: Jump between 7 spider pots without touching the ground

Reward: Health powerup

YouTube- Lara Croft: Guardian of Light Challenge Achievement

Challenge: Disable Xolotl's fire trap in under 00:30

Reward: Artifact: Claw Owl

YouTube- Temple of Light Challenge: Disable Xolotl's fire trap in under 30 seconds

Challenge: Destroy all the urns

Reward: Ammo Powerup

They are scattered around the level lightly, just destroy them when you see them. Not hard to find them.

Collectibles Walkthrough:

Red Skull 1
When you get to the area with the urns shortly after starting the level, destroy them all and you'll find a red skull in one.

Red Skull 2
You will enter an area and have to kill enemies to continue on. Go up the stairs to the now open gate and once inside, you'll see the skull to your right.

Red Skull 3
This is laying on a pressure pad that you must grapple or spear your way to.

Red Skull 4
You will have to throw a spear into a wall, and then jump on it to get to the next area. There is a skull floating in mid air, so aim your spear at that point.

Artifact: Stone Arrow
You'll see this on your main path, and it gives tutorial information on how to use it.

Red Skull 5
You'll be at point where you have to push two big boulders off a ledge and onto pressure plates. Where the boulders are (on the upper level) is also a skull.

Red Skull 6
You'll come to a bunch of pots that are associated with a challenge for jumping on each one (spider urns). This is on one of them. The pots cannot be destroyed.

Challenge: Jump between 7 spider pots without touching the ground

You can mess up and try again, but you must jump between all 7 spider pots without touching the ground. This is the first challenge you can complete in the game, so it's very simple.

Challenge: Disable Xolotl's fire trap in under 00:30
This is actually a pretty hard challenge, especially being on the first level. There are probably multiple ways, but I found bringing the ball to the second pressure pad (top) and putting a remote bomb by it, pulled the first handle switch, detonating the bomb to the other pad (luck involved) and then quickly pulling the other handle, worked.

Red Skull 7
After the fire trap, you'll see this to your right as you pass through the exit of the trap area.

Red Skull 8
After getting over the boards after the fire trap, you'll find some pots and a boulder. Bring the boulder to the left of the door, jump on it, spear the wall, then jump up to get the skull.

Red Skull 9
You'll find yourself at another grapple point with spear shooting traps at the bottom. You can grapple and swing to this skull, or just use spears to get to it.

Health Upgrade
After you get up that ledge with the grapple ring and you see a target switch, go to the corner of the ledge and you'll find another grapple point high up on the wall. Swing to the health upgrade.

Health Upgrade
When you find yourself facing your first big enemy, you'll also see a tomb (bright light shining out of the doorway). Run inside. Shoot the target switch to lower the gate and a spear to climb up to get the heath.

Ammo Upgrade
Now position yourself at the corner and shoot the switch again, but run/roll before the gate shuts. This will allow you to get the ammo upgrade as well.

Ammo Upgrade
Kill the big enemies on the big bridge area and head straight to the tomb (the bright light shining out of it). You will want to go here before you had went up the stairs on the left, because that's the end of the level. You can do puzzle the normal way, or just throw a spear and jump to the ammo.

Relic: Knife of Itzli
This is up the stairs going from the last tomb talked about above. It's in your path, showing another tutorial on what they are.

Red Skull 10
After you pull the switch in the last area (there's a huge pit of spikes in front of you), make your way over the raised wooden planks. After crossing the gap, you'll see the skull.

YouTube- Temple of Light: Guardian of Light

ToastedWigz
11-22-2010, 06:06 AM
I keep getting short 10-15k every time am i missing something?

Tyger7
11-22-2010, 06:12 AM
I keep getting short 10-15k every time am i missing something?

Did you get all the gems and make sure not to get hit almost at all?

ToastedWigz
11-23-2010, 04:46 AM
yeah, forgot about entering challenges, ended up getting in coop ty n e way gj

pot
02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Thank you for the guide my friend! Bought the game awhile ago when it is on sale but just now got around to playing it. I have Gamers ADD!

SilentReaper
08-25-2011, 09:55 AM
fire trap is kickiny my assssss!!!! :mad: :bow::rant: back to trying for the 40th time

DROGTURIST
02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Thanks so much for making these guides and no offense, but that guide for the fire trap is awful. That method requires insane, ridiculous amounts of luck to get the ball to hit the button AND not bounce when it does. Very not worth the billion retries.

Just doing it normally without fancy tricks, I got it first try. Much better video here:
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: Disable Xolotl's fire trap in under 00:30 - YouTube