PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 Export?

D4B0MB1N4T10N
08-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Does anyone know if they have mentioned anything in regards to being able to export the RB2 songs to use in RB3?

I imagine you could, likely a code with RB3, just wanna be sure because i otherwise havent heard anything.

thanks!

tmcmullen08
08-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Does anyone know if they have mentioned anything in regards to being able to export the RB2 songs to use in RB3?

I imagine you could, likely a code with RB3, just wanna be sure because i otherwise havent heard anything.

thanks!

I don't have a source but I remember hearing that it will be a 400 point charge to import your entire RB2 library into this one, including LRB, GD:RB and RB1 if you have them already imported.

That's pretty awesome honestly. If my math is correct that's over 350 songs without DLC.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
08-26-2010, 07:17 AM
I don't have a source but I remember hearing that it will be a 400 point charge to import your entire RB2 library into this one, including LRB, GD:RB and RB1 if you have them already imported.

That's pretty awesome honestly. If my math is correct that's over 350 songs without DLC.

well, technically, all we would need to do is export the RB2 songs, right? all other previous songs already on the drive will just show up in the RB3 library, like with all the other RB games.

LRB, ACDC Live, and id assume GD:RB just count as "normal" DLC, according to RB2 that is.

Poisonheadcrab
08-26-2010, 11:39 AM
well, technically, all we would need to do is export the RB2 songs, right? all other previous songs already on the drive will just show up in the RB3 library, like with all the other RB games.

LRB, ACDC Live, and id assume GD:RB just count as "normal" DLC, according to RB2 that is.

You pretty much nailed it on the head. So in translation: Have some MS points lying around to prep for this export (but if Harmonix is nice, they'll update RB2 and add the export option in a tad before launch so we can be ready for it).

Kellwolf9E
08-26-2010, 03:11 PM
You pretty much nailed it on the head. So in translation: Have some MS points lying around to prep for this export (but if Harmonix is nice, they'll update RB2 and add the export option in a tad before launch so we can be ready for it).

Believe that's exactly what they did with RB1. Wonder if there's gonna be any songs that don't make the cut a la RB1. Sometimes I actually miss Paranoid and Enter Sandman.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
08-26-2010, 03:43 PM
You pretty much nailed it on the head. So in translation: Have some MS points lying around to prep for this export (but if Harmonix is nice, they'll update RB2 and add the export option in a tad before launch so we can be ready for it). \

yeah, guess i pretty much did, ha ha. was just simply curious to see if anyone had heard anything about it.

and i miss Enter Sandman also ;( it was fun on xpert drums, thats for sure. i had the intro memorized too >.<

mikachu93
08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Believe that's exactly what they did with RB1. Wonder if there's gonna be any songs that don't make the cut a la RB1. Sometimes I actually miss Paranoid and Enter Sandman.
No songs will be missing. After the Enter Sandman incident, they now license all songs to be used across the entire platform, rather than one title. The Beatles are obviously the exception.

Starz 007
10-25-2010, 07:09 PM
No songs will be missing. After the Enter Sandman incident, they now license all songs to be used across the entire platform, rather than one title. The Beatles are obviously the exception.

They've already said that there will probably be some songs missing due to licensing issues. It happens.

I don't know if anyone has seen anything knew on the RB2 export, but I'm want the song list and total cost...

mikachu93
10-25-2010, 08:17 PM
They've already said that there will probably be some songs missing due to licensing issues. It happens.
I posted that two months ago, when there was no information on it whatsoever.

TheSpectreN8
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Sometimes I actually miss Paranoid and Enter Sandman.

I don't miss the difficulty of paranoid on guitar but Enter Sandman was my favourite song from rock band and thus annoyed when they couldn't licence it for Rock Band 2, here's to hoping that now people have released how awful guitar hero actually is Metallica will licence it back to Harmonix.

Check out the Rock Band official website and forums for info but i do believe as well that like rock band 1 rock band 2+dlc will all be exportable into Rock Band 3 however at a cost and only if they can re-licence each individual song

Moogourou
10-25-2010, 10:54 PM
I already got the game. Songs exported from RB1 and Lego (and, I presume, GD) are already included since I already bought an export key for these before. Songs from RB2 are not available right now, but they should be for the official release.

MuscularTea
10-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I've kept checking back to the official site over the past week and only update I've seen is that all the songs from rockband 2 won't go over. I'm not to upset depending on the songs, but I thought for sure they'd have the patch to let you export the songs out by now. I was going to trade the game in towards this one but I guess that won't be happening.

jesse477
10-26-2010, 02:25 AM
I can't remember how the importing works....I did it for RB1 into RB2. I need to know if I have to keep the RB2 disc to import into RB3, you see I'm gonna trade some games in, and since I won't need RB2 anymore, I need to know if I should keep the disc, otherwise I was just gonna write down the code on back.

TwistedFate
10-26-2010, 02:37 AM
I can't remember how the importing works....I did it for RB1 into RB2. I need to know if I have to keep the RB2 disc to import into RB3, you see I'm gonna trade some games in, and since I won't need RB2 anymore, I need to know if I should keep the disc, otherwise I was just gonna write down the code on back.

Keep the disc. They will update RB2 so you can export it, so you will need a copy of the game. The patch could launch as soon as tomorrow.

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Export details revealed. You put in Rock Band 3, select "get more songs", then redeem the code on the back of the RB2 manual (the same one used for the 20 free songs).

Cost: 800msp

Songs that don't export:

Journey - Any Way You Want It
RHCP - Give it Away
Metallica - Battery
Soundgarden - Spoonman
AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

The nine Harmonix bands' songs also don't export, but will be available soon as FREE DLC.

Krisko Disko
10-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Export details revealed. You put in Rock Band 3, select "get more songs", then redeem the code on the back of the RB2 manual (the same one used for the 20 free songs).

Songs that don't export:

RHCP - Give it Away
Metallica - Battery
Soundgarden - Spoonman

Thanks for the info. Did this come from the RB site?
Can't say I'll miss Let There Be Rock, but the rest hurt more than the deletions from RB1.

oldgam3r
10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Keep the disc. They will update RB2 so you can export it, so you will need a copy of the game. The patch could launch as soon as tomorrow.

You don't need the disc. Just downloading the "export" now, all 1.93Gb of it.

AngrySalad
10-26-2010, 10:32 AM

Songs that don't export:

RHCP - Give it Away
Metallica - Battery
Soundgarden - Spoonman

The nine Harmonix bands' songs also don't export, but will be available soon as FREE DLC.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not Journey! You bastards!

Chico76
10-26-2010, 10:35 AM

I honestly was figuring this was the only way they could do it without simply allowing anyone that wants to get the songs to just download the RB2 "pack" from the music store (the way they did with RB1).

Songs that don't export:

RHCP - Give it Away
Metallica - Battery
Soundgarden - Spoonman
AC/DC - Let There Be RockTotally acceptable price for 70 songs. But dang, I like the studio version of Let There Be Rock much more than the live version from the AC/DC track pack. I'm not surprised about Metallica or Soundgarden, given their GH connections. Weird about RHCP, considering they have a full album in the DLC.

The nine Harmonix bands' songs also don't export, but will be available soon as FREE DLC.Thank goodness! If I never have to hear those songs again, it'll be too soon...

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Thank goodness! If I never have to hear those songs again, it'll be too soon...

Comments like this make me a sad panda :(

MuscularTea
10-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Songs that don't export:

RHCP - Give it Away
Metallica - Battery
Soundgarden - Spoonman

Disappointed that Journey and Soundgarden aren't being carried over, but at the same time I won't be sad much longer with all the other songs I'll have distracting me from them. Surprised though that they won't have RHCP carried over too.

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Disappointed that Journey and Soundgarden aren't being carried over, but at the same time I won't be sad much longer with all the other songs I'll have distracting me from them. Surprised though that they won't have RHCP carried over too.

With the RHCP and Soundgarden songs from RB1 disappearing the GH:RHCP rumors are getting a bit stronger.

Captain Spacker
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM
Comments like this make me a sad panda :(
Same, dammit I wanna play Freezepop with hyperspeed . . . Possible piano parts . . .
[edit] gotta stop calling keyboard a piano . . .

Richie Sambuca
10-26-2010, 01:54 PM
No Journey is total bullshit, man.

para182
10-26-2010, 02:31 PM
thanks for the info downloading my rb 2 songs now.

Chazzi27
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
No Journey!? Booo. Also, how is Give it Away not allowed when we have the rest of BSSM? That just seems dumb...obviously it has to do with licensing but still, I don't get it. I can live without Spoonman and Battery though.

MuscularTea
10-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Never knew there was a GH:RHCP rumored, I probably won't get it but that's cool.

tmacairjordan87
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm really pissed about Battery not making it over, but the rumor gaining steam lately is that Harmonix is going to release the FULL master of puppets album sometime within the next few months. It's been up there on the most wanted albums list on their boards for years now.

And after seeing the absolutely HORRIBLE track list in Rock Band 3, and how they're taking yet another Metallica song away in the export process, they better do everything they can to bring MoP over.

JedEgan
10-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Why does it surprise you that the Metallica track isn't getting transferred over? They already stated at the time that Metallica have a contract with GH to keep all their songs GH exclusive. The only reason Battery was even in RB2 is because they managed to secure the rights before the GH contract was brought into existence. If any song was a dead cert not to be exported it was always going to be Battery.

MysterE
10-26-2010, 06:37 PM
I used the code from the RB2 booklet for the 20 additional songs, and I just get an error. Am I using the wrong code, or doing something wrong? I go into the "Get More Songs" section in RB3, and choose "Redeem Code"... I have everything else but my RB2 songs.

para182
10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
my friend is also having a problem getting his rockband 2 songs...I guess you guys should just try later if you get a error I got mine earlier its almost 2 GB.

tmacairjordan87
10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm having the same problem, but it doesn't say the code's invalid just that there was an error and try again later.

It's an EA game with online features. I would bet money they're having day 1 server problems, like every other EA game this gen. I just hope they get it fixed soon because I have to trade in Rock Band 2 within a few days for Amazon to credit me $9 (it dropped to like $6 now)

GrantM
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
If anything it's still way better than the Guitar Hero imports where you only get some and not most (except for Band Hero in which nearly all the songs could be imported)...but even with those ommissions it's not like I'll notice them considering I've got lots of DLC and I kinda play those more than the RB2 setlist

TheLawTag
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Can anyone confirm if you need to pay 800 ms points for each game, ie. 800 for rb2, 800 for LRB and 800 for GDRB etc or does the 1.93 gigs include all the imports available from all 3 RB games.
I gather from previous posters on this thread you dont need the original game disk to download the import file - am i correct?

To tmacairjordan87 - your mad giving RB2 away for $6 - its on ebay for €40-€50, still a popular/hard to find game. This may change once RB3 is out a couple of weeks, so sell it now

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Can anyone confirm if you need to pay 800 ms points for each game, ie. 800 for rb2, 800 for LRB and 800 for GDRB etc or does the 1.93 gigs include all the imports available from all 3 RB games.
I gather from previous posters on this thread you dont need the original game disk to download the import file - am i correct?

To tmacairjordan87 - your mad giving RB2 away for $6 - its on ebay for 40-50, still a popular/hard to find game. This may change once RB3 is out a couple of weeks, so sell it now

Every game exports separately. I don't have a clue where you got that idea o.O

You technically don't need the RB2 disc, but you'll need the code on the back of the manual.

Moogourou
10-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't use the code at the back of my RB2 manual. This one is the same format as the other Xbox codes (25 characters separated by -), and the "Redeem code" option in RB3 only accept codes with 16 characters (as the one behind the RB3 manual).

SebastianSB
10-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't know what to tell you then. That's how I got my export.

NathAttack
10-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Yeah, PAL buyers can't export yet, as our codes are all 25-character codes. Hopefully we'll get more info over the next week or so.

JedEgan
10-26-2010, 10:55 PM
You're kidding? What an oversight, so I just have to hold tight, how annoying.

NathAttack
10-26-2010, 11:04 PM
There's a quote from HMXThrasher on RockBandAide.com saying that when the site goes back up, that extra step we need to take to convert our code (that we have no info on) will be revealed and we should be able to export.

:)

Vulgar Rhombus
10-27-2010, 12:30 AM
I used the code from the RB2 booklet for the 20 additional songs, and I just get an error. Am I using the wrong code, or doing something wrong? I go into the "Get More Songs" section in RB3, and choose "Redeem Code"... I have everything else but my RB2 songs.

I'm having the same problem I entered it 3 times now and its not working.

Maka
10-27-2010, 12:35 AM
"An error occurred... Try again later" when I try to export :(

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 01:08 AM
"An error occurred... Try again later" when I try to export :(

well, nice to see my thread has been revived! :p

anyways, its stupid how the site isnt actually up yet, whats the hold up? today was release, i did get the game, now harmonix needs to get cracking here on their end.

any chance of an import code for RB3? so i could use the songs for RB2??? i prefer the interface in RB2 alot more than RB3. but i doubt it, ha ha.

edit--> i tried the export as well, couldnt get anything. is it where u have to redeem the 16 digit pin on rockband.com in exchange for the standard 25 digit code for xbox live?

GILLHUHN
10-27-2010, 01:08 AM
There's a quote from HMXThrasher on RockBandAide.com saying that when the site goes back up, that extra step we need to take to convert our code (that we have no info on) will be revealed and we should be able to export.

:) This isn't true my girlfriend used the code on her manual and downloaded the export just fine clearly doesn't need a conversion. However i can't redeem mine.

NathAttack
10-27-2010, 01:11 AM
That's strange. She has a 25-digit code too? Had she used it previously for the 20 free songs in RB2?

Mine is too long to fit into the in-game redemption screen, and has been already used/invalid in the dashboard redemption screen (I used it for the free 20 about a year ago)

GILLHUHN
10-27-2010, 01:18 AM
That's strange. She has a 25-digit code too? Had she used it previously for the 20 free songs in RB2?

Mine is too long to fit into the in-game redemption screen, and has been already used/invalid in the dashboard redemption screen (I used it for the free 20 about a year ago) ??? Your code is 25 digits my code is only 16.

NathAttack
10-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah, the majority (if not all?) of the PAL copies have 25-digit codes. When we wanted to download the 20 free pack, we just punched that code directly into the Marketplace.

GILLHUHN
10-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah, the majority (if not all?) of the PAL copies have 25-digit codes. When we wanted to download the 20 free pack, we just punched that code directly into the Marketplace. Ok that clears things up i guess the us copies have the 16 digit codes which had to be converted to 25 for the 20 free songs.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
10-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Ok that clears things up i guess the us copies have the 16 digit codes which had to be converted to 25 for the 20 free songs.

yeah, i guess so, i just checked my old RB2 manual, and it also has a 16-digit code, which you redeem for the 25-digit xbox live code. i live in canada by the way, if that helps.

SebastianSB
10-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Just to make it clear:

Copies of RB2 bought before the release of the 20 free songs - 16 digits
Copies of RB2 bought after the release of the 20 free songs - 25 digits

The latter would include all of the countries that got the game late.

solo6468
10-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Just a quick question, will Beatles Rock Band be available to export? The manual says any Rock Band game. Just wondering. As of now, I'm also unable to export Rock Band 2, so I didn't try Beatles.

TwistedFate
10-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Just a quick question, will Beatles Rock Band be available to export? The manual says any Rock Band game. Just wondering. As of now, I'm also unable to export Rock Band 2, so I didn't try Beatles.

No, The Beatles will not be exportable.

solo6468
10-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Ok....thanks. I thought I would ask because Lego, Green Day and the Track Packs show up in the goals menus.

Daniel55645
10-27-2010, 03:33 AM

actually it will be 800
go to get more music at main menu then redeem code. then put in the code on the back of the rb2 instruction manual. and there you go. you wont get 5 of the songs though. battery, anyway you want it, spoonman, let there be rock, and i forget the other

NathAttack
10-27-2010, 03:40 AM
Give It Away is the one you were thinking of ;)

Moogourou
10-27-2010, 06:28 AM
http://www.rockband.com/support/export-token-issues

For now, nothing can help me to convert my 25 digits code. I'll have to wait...

Cube623
10-28-2010, 08:46 PM
http://www.rockband.com/support/export-token-issues

For now, nothing can help me to convert my 25 digits code. I'll have to wait...

I have a 25 digit export code and mine's currently downloading fine. I had to put the first 16 digits of my export code (without dashes) and it worked without a hitch :D