PDA

View Full Version : How do I become good again?

Patisonfire
08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
After time off to play other games, I'm going back to it and doing all of the DLC...problem is I somehow lost the save of my good persona (I had two, one evil and one good), so I only have the really really evil one. How do I get it back to being good again? It might be a stupid question but keep in mind I haven't played this for a year or so...so there are things I don't remember...please help!!

Gareth Dent
08-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Purified Water to either guy outside of Megaton or Rivet City gives you +50 karma per bottle. Killing Very Evil characters give you +100 karma points. Donating to churches (one in rivet city, one in megaton) is 1 karma point per cap.

* -1000 to -750 : Very Evil
* -749 to -250 : Evil
* -249 to +249 : Neutral
* +250 to +749 : Good
* +750 to +1000 : Very Good

Taking a look at this list, we need 2000 points to swing from the extreme evil to extreme good. So if you have 2000 caps or 40 Purified Waters, or a mixture of these (say 1000 caps or 20 Purified Waters), you can pretty much turn into saint over night no matter how evil you are. You can't check the exact amount of points you have in game, but you can get your current status of your karma from the status screen on your Pip-boy. For the purpose of attracting alignment based followers, you don't need to be Very Good/Evil, just Good/Evil will suffice.

On a note, if your wondering where to find Purified water, check your house in either tenpenny tower or in megaton. The robot will give you free purified water and you can keep running back and forth, when he runs out just sleep for 2-3 days and he'll be restocked.

Patisonfire
08-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Awesome, thank you so much!!!

SoulFlame555
08-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I've found the easiest way to get Good karma is to donate to the church of atom. its +1 karma for every 10 caps you donate. Easy to escalate that way and get to the point you want :)

CHRIS E 112
08-27-2010, 11:43 AM
If you own the house in megaton your robot inside gives you 5 purified water every few days or so,just sleep for 24 hours at a tym 3 or 4 tyms and then get 5 purified water from him to hand to the guy outside.If you chose to blow megaton up this wont work :)