PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to install the patch?

Dolemite Nick
04-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I have been holding out installing the patch and I was wondering if it is safe to do now? I have looked everywhere and found nothing on it. I want my scores to be on live leader boards.

Dr Buttcrack
04-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Um, I dunno. I think that most of the people who were having problems have old 360s. I just got mine 3 months ago, so I didn't have any trouble. Wait on someone who knows what they're talking about to post first.

Real_McCoy_14
04-30-2007, 01:56 AM
wats in the new patch

Beac
04-30-2007, 05:29 AM
A software fix for the bundled guitars with unresponsive tremolo bars. AFAIK that's all it was supposed to fix.

FWIW, I have a launch box and had no problems with the patch.

codedigital
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
A software fix for the bundled guitars with unresponsive tremolo bars. AFAIK that's all it was supposed to fix.

FWIW, I have a launch box and had no problems with the patch.

So did k_dog....then it bricked.

Dolemite Nick
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Well since I am on my 4th Xbox and I am a huge pussy. I'll just wait till there is an official comment on the whole matter.

Rocket
04-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Well since I am on my 4th Xbox and I am a huge pussy. I'll just wait till there is an official comment on the whole matter.

My 360 is from Launch, and I downloaded the patch no problem...I have had no problems with my 360 when playing GH2

EViL LeViaTHaN
05-01-2007, 11:47 PM
I have a second generation box (not from the initial release but the ones they claimed the problems were fixed on). The patch took fine for a couple of days then my game save was corrupted i.e. froze on the loading page, but I was able to play on the other gamertags on my box. So I was forced to delete my game save (needing only to beat 1 song on hard before freebird unlocked) So after I deleted it I got through hard and the first two tiers of expert then yesterday when I turned it on in the morning no problems what so ever just sending messages and listening to voice messages then I turned the system off. I turned it on an hour later to hear one quick "beep" and the signal never went to the tv so I waited a couple of mins. to see if it would change, and it did not. I powered off and powered on and got the ring o death. Glad for those of you who this didnt happen to so saying "the patch didnt hurt my box" doesnt really mean that it didnt crash mine and many many others (2 people on my friends list) and hundreds more writing to redoctane, microsoft, 360a and others. I'm 99% sure it was that patch the only reason Im not 100% is that nothing is 100% sure in life. So for those of you that it didnt happen to youre lucky, to those of you waiting, if it was me I would just keep waiting...

Gunstar Chaos
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
I didn't update it on my 360 because I heard bad stuff about it. Then my wife played it on her 360 and updated it, she's been playing for days with no problem. I even played on her box with no flaw.

codedigital
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
I didn't update it on my 360 because I heard bad stuff about it. Then my wife played it on her 360 and updated it, she's been playing for days with no problem. I even played on her box with no flaw.

It's not immediate.

K_dog played for days...weeks...before his bricked.

Thrak360
05-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Six-month old 360, and no problems post-patch for me, knock on wood.

IRB
05-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi

I was on my thrid xbox (mfg date of June 2006) and about a week or so after applying the patch it started locking up and then died. It is now off to xbox heaven to be fixed by MS. Bought a core to replace it as MS repair center take forever to "fix" the problem. So i'm on number 4 right now awaiting number 5 to be returned and i won't be installing the patch untill I get my other one back so I have a backup in case it goes wrong (again).

I'll just have to live with the didgy whammy bar for now.

Cheers,
IRB

clash4400
05-07-2007, 11:34 PM
i got the game yesterday and i updated it with no probles so far

Dolemite Nick
05-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I finally grew some balls today and downloaded it. Lets hope I don't have to go on to my 5th box.

nawtbird
05-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I updated the first time I played the game....still on a launch console and no problems

jacob456
05-11-2007, 05:35 PM
ive had my xbox for almost 2 years now and i just installed the patch a few days ago and my xbox had a hardware failure today :/ . whoever made the patch is a bit of an idiot and shouldve made sure that it worked properly before releasing it :S

Rashaka1
05-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm on an xbox from a little over a year ago and I still haven't had any problems with it, until I bought the intercooler fan and I started having red lights popping on, I removed it and no problems since. Hopefully they can get these 360 reliability problems fixed. It's rather annoying. =-/