PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about Nightingale...

striingz
08-28-2010, 02:39 AM
Ok,

the ending to the game (or at least what i got out of it) shows Nightingale in the back behind Rose ( the new lamplady)
by the looks of this, its as if he has taken the place of Jagger. why is that? why would it be him that takes the place. i was thinking it was when the darkness took him away at the jail but the darkness took alot of people. WHY HIM!?!?
any opinions would be grateful, thanks...

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/striingz.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/striingz)

ONI recon 111
08-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Wake had to effectively 'replace' everyone from the previous story IE. Rose is the new Lamp Lady, Alan is now the Zane of the story, trapped in the lake, and Nightingale is now the evil one. I guess its because he was seen being taken by the darkness, so it'd make sense for him to be the new Jagger. Also, could it have something to do with his previous hatred for Wake, and the darkness thought it would be good to use it?

Br0kenAssass1n
08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Wake had to effectively 'replace' everyone from the previous story IE. Rose is the new Lamp Lady, Alan is now the Zane of the story, trapped in the lake, and Nightingale is now the evil one. I guess its because he was seen being taken by the darkness, so it'd make sense for him to be the new Jagger. Also, could it have something to do with his previous hatred for Wake, and the darkness thought it would be good to use it?

That's a damn good way of summing it all up. Certainly made the ending a little more straight forward.

Yunder
08-28-2010, 04:54 PM

That certainly did shed a little more light onto the ending. I thought of it in that sense...

Anyway, I didn't think anything was wrong with Nightingale, except for the fact that he's in that state of consciousness that both Wake and Rose were in when they encountered Jagger. He's there, but he's not really "there." I know its a very simple way of thinking about it, but that's what went through my mind when I first saw it.

horses are fat
11-14-2010, 04:18 AM
ha i'd thought it was randy tha park ranger in the window, to match them being 'lovers' like zane and cynthia. They does look similiar but freezin it on youtube i guess his face is fatter than i was originally thinking. Less confusion in the sequels for me now!

Leaf King
03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Nightingale is described to hae been haunted by dreams of the Dark Presence, which led him to Bright Falls like Clay Steward had. The only thing is, Nightingale isn't an artist, so I don't understand why he was communicated with. Anyone have any ideas?

BruDrew
05-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Nightingale is described to hae been haunted by dreams of the Dark Presence, which led him to Bright Falls like Clay Steward had. The only thing is, Nightingale isn't an artist, so I don't understand why he was communicated with. Anyone have any ideas?

If you go into his hotel room in the last chapter, he had a TON of pictures of Alan, his wife, and many people involved with the whole thing. It may be that he is a skilled photographer as well as an FBI agent.

MrOssneefer
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
If you go into his hotel room in the last chapter, he had a TON of pictures of Alan, his wife, and many people involved with the whole thing. It may be that he is a skilled photographer as well as an FBI agent.

interesting!