PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Finish Chapter 2!

KSizzle
08-29-2010, 03:50 AM
Right after you shoot the gun for the 1st time in the junkyard, I get in the car and head to the next location on the map and I almost get there and just fall through the road! I am then flying and cannot get past this....wtf? I have tried multiple routes and everytime I just glitch and go THROUGH the road. I just float around non stop and have to restart the mission. I don't know what else to do. Has anyone else encountered this bullshit? I guess I'll just have to restart the entire game because I am only a chapter in but still very frustrating. I hope there is a patch soon.

Edit: Finally arrived to my destination. After 5 tries of just "falling" under the road, the xbox screen just went black and froze on the 5th try. I rebooted the system and it worked! Hope no more of this happens during my playthrough!

Grado
08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
lol pretty funny

Darklinge
08-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm in chapter 11. I started falling through the floor in the middle of the chapter with the old man in his car. I take several routes and after many tries I finally reach my home. But I can'T enter it. So i restarted the chapter and now I fall through the floor rigth at the beginning of the chapter. Now I shut off the xbox and still I'm falling through the floor at many places. Does anyone know a solution or am I over with this game...

Vigor
08-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Happened to me in Chapter 14 on hard.
Had to redo the whole thing again but now I'm really glad I finished this PoS. :woop:

Darklinge
08-29-2010, 06:07 PM
I'll not start the game again. This is bullshit. I really like the game, the story and the atmosphere is great. So I'll send the game back and buy it again when a patch is released.

xMP44x
08-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow, that seems incredibly buggy. I didn't have a single issue with falling through the road during my first playthrough of the game, and I'm really hoping I don't have an issue when I start a second playthrough on Easy in the future to get the Playboy issues gathered up (though I'll be using chapter select). Just wondering, did you install the game to your hard drive? It might sort out errors like that, if you have not already given it a go.

KSizzle
08-29-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm in chapter 11. I started falling through the floor in the middle of the chapter with the old man in his car. I take several routes and after many tries I finally reach my home. But I can'T enter it. So i restarted the chapter and now I fall through the floor rigth at the beginning of the chapter. Now I shut off the xbox and still I'm falling through the floor at many places. Does anyone know a solution or am I over with this game...

I haven't gotten that far yet. I am in chapter 8. I haven't had any more "bugs" so far, I am crossing my fingers. I don't really know what to tell you. The same thing was happening to me in chapter 2 and I rebooted the system, continued the mission and it FINALLY worked. I know what you mean though, extremely buggy and frustrating. I'm hoping it won't happen further into the game, which is a shame, because I am really enjoying this game.

I should have recorded it on video. It is ridiculous. Your car is just constantly floating around until you have no choice but to restart. You will literally just be driving along and "sink" into the road where everything is white around you and you are just floating.

TITAN Z4
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
ok to everyone that encounters these weird bugs that wont go away here is how you fix it... get a new disc. im not kidding. i was fortunate enough to not have any of these problems but from other experiences i have learned that some discs are burned with errors, its no usually common but it does happen. getting a disc that does not have this fixes the problem (most of the time) so if you baught it at gamestop or anywhere else but the internet then just take it back and say it does not work and ask for another copy, i have done this numerous times with my defected games

-- hope this helps

MDKM 739
08-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Bummer, I'm on my third playthrough and nothing wierd has happened to me yet.

PwcrLinux
08-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I haven't find any bugs, it's run from the hard drive just fine..

beezee_boi
08-30-2010, 12:28 AM
Same here didn't notice anything fishy except one time I tried to throw a dude off the roof and well it kinda didn't work out, looked rather funny so I wasn't complaining. and yes I'm running it off the hard drive. Other than that the story's pretty epic pleased with the game in general and hope the 3rd installment will allow more freedom and/or options to make me really feel like a "made man"

Darklinge
08-30-2010, 10:49 AM
ok to everyone that encounters these weird bugs that wont go away here is how you fix it... get a new disc. im not kidding. i was fortunate enough to not have any of these problems but from other experiences i have learned that some discs are burned with errors, its no usually common but it does happen. getting a disc that does not have this fixes the problem (most of the time) so if you baught it at gamestop or anywhere else but the internet then just take it back and say it does not work and ask for another copy, i have done this numerous times with my defected games

-- hope this helps

Thx dude, I'll get a new disc. I tryed to install the game and there's a disc error, but the the disc looks perfect. give me a few hours and I will tell if it works.

Edit: It worked!!! Nice, thank you so much.