PDA

View Full Version : Who was the best Doctor?

tommy2648
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Right, there had to be a poll on this and I searched to make sure there wasn't one, so who was the best doctor in Dr Who? (Except for Matt Smith cause I couldn't fit 11 options on)

Chevron411
08-29-2010, 08:51 PM
It's actually better to exclude Smith since he hasn't reached the end of his tenure. I would have said Pertwee and his random Judo moves, but Eccleston was the best regeneration I've seen, funny, quirky, and sad all in one.

Deadly Moves
08-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Dr Who is utter trash. Always has been and probably always be.
Chris Eccleston is the only one i could watch.

Br0kenAssass1n
08-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Dr Who is utter trash. Always has been and probably always be.
Chris Eccleston is the only one i could watch.

Another top class post. If you don't like it, why post? Other than to boost your post count I mean. Also, you imply you've never watched it, so you don't have any basis on your decision, so therefore you have nothing to add to the conversation. That's the same as me going into the Halo forum and attempting to strike up a conversation about Master Chief with "Halo sucks, Master Chief sucks, they all suck."

IF you've not watched it, watch it and THEN call it trash. Otherwise stop being so narrow minded and judgemental about something you have no concept of.

Just a point of interest, I don't know if you like Halo, but I chose that as my example because I don't. Just thought I'd make you aware of that.

On topic: I quite like how Matt Smith portrayed the Doctor in the latest series, but David Tennant is my favourite, but that's as much because of the storylines as the way he brought the character to life. That said, I never liked the old Doctor Who, except the odd Tom Baker episode I saw.

Deadly Moves
08-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Freedom of speech dude.. i can give my opinion no matter what it is. Like it or lump it

I havent seen EVERY shitty episode ever made.. But ive seen my fare share of the more modern versions.. Mainly bcos family were watching them in the same room i was in. And i have hated every single episode ive seen. The more i watch it the more i hate it.
Daleks are the worst thing ever dream't up. Theres nothing even scary about them!

And i could be sawing David Tennants arm off and he'd still have stupid look on his face that he has throughout his term as the Dr..

Walls Of Jericho
08-29-2010, 10:14 PM
David Tennant, I can't stand the new guy

Br0kenAssass1n
08-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Freedom of speech dude.. i can give my opinion no matter what it is. Like it or lump it

No such thing as freedom of speech on the internet, otherwise locking/deleting threads would be illegal.

Anyway, I had no issue with you not liking Doctor Who, it's not for everyone, and that's how I like it. I had issue with you having an opinion on something you implied you'd never seen. You've watched it, don't like it, fine.

Gorilla Stomper
08-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Christopher Eccleston, end of.

New guy is as annoying as a torn gullet.

Brutalsleeper
08-29-2010, 10:24 PM
I never liked Dr Who until Christopher Eccleston and then David Tennennt appeared and his way of portraying the Dr wasn't my cup of tea.

So it's gotta be Christopher Eccleston as he was the obey one I would watch on a regular basis.

Juggernautroar
08-30-2010, 01:23 AM
mccoy was my era, so i went for him, i liked tom baker and david tennant too.

Jemocasa
08-30-2010, 01:26 AM
I would have to say David Tennant because he's the one that finally got me to watch the show.

mitchcraft1980
10-13-2010, 01:00 AM
David Tennant i miss him doing the show , the new guy is ok but the story line is boring now

ginge88isfun
10-14-2010, 12:25 PM
The old Dr Who's were the best, the episodes today are just garbage.

Nozza XBA
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Without a doubt!

http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dr-dre-md.jpg

plan B
10-14-2010, 12:46 PM
David Tennant is my Dr!

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-14-2010, 01:00 PM
David tennant by a mile!!

exo-apollo
10-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Benedict Cumberbatch.

SALT1R3
10-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Not that I follow Doc Who but whenever I think of it, I think of Tom Baker and that mad scarf and hat, so for me it has to be him.

Oloshadow
10-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Even though I love all the new Doctors I gotta go with the Fourth Tom Baker. He's just so awesome with that scarf and wild eye look lol

tommy2648
10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Even though I love all the new Doctors I gotta go with the Fourth Tom Baker. He's just so awesome with that scarf and wild eye look lol

Lol that is exactly what I thought and loved about him.

Snoopzilla
10-15-2010, 08:19 PM
I liked David Tennant the most so far. He made the show fun.

Pieville
10-16-2010, 11:32 AM
David Tennant, I've never been so sad to see a character die off in a show, and the new guy Matt Smith isn't too bad, he just can't act serious.

Also with assistants, I hate the new one. Amy Pond is a try-hard and thinks she's funny when she's not.
Rose Tyler was my favorite assistant and Donna Noble was just awesome.
When in doubt, get Catherine Tate!

Density Jo
10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
David.........Tennant, Matt Smith?!? man, is doctor who now a comedy show or drama? O.o lol

Bill 777
10-16-2010, 04:40 PM
John Pertwee. He brought the character to life and set the standard for all that followed.

Benni770
10-17-2010, 04:25 AM
David Tennant all the way.

Death Metal Jim
10-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Mr. scarf himself, Tom Baker. All three of the these new guys together still aren't as good as Baker himself, that's how awesome his Doc was ;).

mitchcraft1980
10-20-2010, 11:59 AM
David Tennant, I've never been so sad to see a character die off in a show, and the new guy Matt Smith isn't too bad, he just can't act serious.

Also with assistants, I hate the new one. Amy Pond is a try-hard and thinks she's funny when she's not.
Rose Tyler was my favorite assistant and Donna Noble was just awesome.
When in doubt, get Catherine Tate!

I have to agree its like the new series is a huge joke to them all , Amy Pond is CRAP in it , you forgot Martha Jones btw, she was kick ass :uzi:both in Dr Who and on Torchwood when she made an appearance

tommy2648
10-20-2010, 05:51 PM
The New Doctor Who series just seems less epic to me. Take the ending of the 5th series for example.

The Doctor sacrifices himself into the dying Sun or whatever, and then Amy Pond doesn't remember anything about him. So how the hell DOES SHE REMEMBER and the Doctor magically comes back to life?!? Then she runs off at her wedding with god forbid her mum and dad being in the next series. Nowhere near as good as other endings.

I am only watching to see what happens with Professor River Song (archeiologist)

Natz
10-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I think David Tennant suited the role very well

RichXbox360
12-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I was a BIG fan of the Sylvester McCoy era of Doctor Who in the late 80s, purely cos I was in love with Sophie "Ace" Aldred, I unfortunately missed most of the Tom Baker era as I wasn't born till '76 but what I saw was excellent! In fact the only bad Doctor I ever saw was Colin Baker, but everyone else hated him as well apparently so he didn't last more than about 1 series.

Sithspawn64
01-10-2011, 10:22 PM
The New Doctor Who series just seems less epic to me. Take the ending of the 5th series for example.

The Doctor sacrifices himself into the dying Sun or whatever, and then Amy Pond doesn't remember anything about him. So how the hell DOES SHE REMEMBER and the Doctor magically comes back to life?!? Then she runs off at her wedding with god forbid her mum and dad being in the next series. Nowhere near as good as other endings.

I am only watching to see what happens with Professor River Song (archeiologist)

Because the crack in her wall had given her the ability to see into the abyss and remember what she had forgotten. That's why there was a photo of Rory in her house for the Nestine Conciousness to mimic.

Anyway other than Matt Smith the best doctor I can think of is between Peter Davidson ('coz I sat next to him on a train while he was on the phone to his agent about the Children in Need special he did:Bounce:) or Tom Baker.

MopFlop
01-10-2011, 11:56 PM
tom baker was my favourite as it reminds me of times with my grandparents when i was younger as they had loads of them on vhs.
However i quite liked the seriousness of eccleston and tennant will always be up there as one of the greats

ThaFireman
01-11-2011, 06:15 AM
No Doogie? :( Poor NPH.

THUGGEDOUT
01-11-2011, 07:30 AM
I'd go with Tom Baker, he just had this way about him that to me, after seeing some of the other Doctor's, seemed to have been the best one...

bbk70
01-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm 40, so for me Dr Who goes back to Pertwee and Baker, and Baker for me will always be the ultimate Dr Who. Tennant was excellent, no doubt about it, but he had the advantage of great story lines and great special effects. No doubt they are the best two though.

Teimoshi
01-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Never saw any of the original series, but I'd have to put my money with David Tennant. Not only was he funny, quirky, and spontaneous, but also got the job done. Billie Piper who starred as Rose opposite him truly complemented him and was also my most favorite Dr. Who companion. I personally thought it a bit low to pit her with the Doctor's human counterpart. ...I miss her.

Corrupt.
01-25-2011, 03:29 AM
Tom Baker's Doctor was far superior to the rest imo.

azurebAt
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
the old dr who's were the best, the episodes today are just garbage.

+1

All I am reading is people that appear to have only seen the stuff done in the past couple of years.

Leslitgs
01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
I will admit to having only seen new Who [Eccleston on]; my goal, however, is to see all the Who I can.

Of those I know, I prefer Eccleston. I expect to continue this.

austin316gb
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I think most people would probably go for the one they grew up with or attach memories to. I never watched it when I was younger, it always scared the crap out of me. The earliest Dr I remember was Peter Davidson but I think I only really stated watching it with Sylvester McCoy. Of the later Doctors, so far they have all brought something different to the role. Eccleston was manic, Tennant was great and I must admit to really liking Matt Smith.

If I had to choose I think I'd go for the one you left off the end.

xMortal Syn
02-28-2011, 09:02 AM
When I was a kid I'd stay up late and watch the repeats on Chanel 2. The Baker epps where the ones I saw the most and have the best memories of.

evanclaw
03-05-2011, 02:29 PM
i was in the mcoy era andremember watching a few of the older ones when i was a kid back in the 80's but it has to be said david tennent made the role his own and did such a great job with it that i had to go for him

myjillvalentine
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I was heartbroken when David Tennant was replaced by Matt Smith, he'll always be the best.

Vulger Spartan
03-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Tom Baker is a Manic Grinning God of Madness... but I Voted Christopher Eccelston.
I'm Mean I loved David Tennant's Doctor & was Heartbroken when he left the Show because he was 'Brilliant'.

Eccelston though had a Darker harder shelled doctor. Freshly Regenerated after the Time War. Like in the episode "The End of the World" He was Kind of Mean to Rose at certain points but when that Alien Tree Woman Offered her condolences for his people he showed a moment of emotion. He Looked down on Humans at Times Calling them "Stupid Apes".
Another Good Illustrative Episode into the 9th Doctor would be "Father's Day" after Rose held her Infant self & messed up the situation further the doctor didn't speak to her for a while then just told her, "Just Say your sorry" like a parent that's still a little angry & then it was all forgotten.

Plus he's the one that Jump started the New Show and was the first doctor I'd Seen, since the 1990's wasbasically nothing except the TV Movie which I never saw until it hit DVD.