PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Armor..why is this so good?

islehopnpriest
08-30-2010, 06:43 AM
I just got the ancient armor and i notice it has a weird ability that whenever damaged you lose 20% of max hp. If someone is using this can you explain what make this good?

Pocrage
08-30-2010, 07:28 AM
how about when you take hits that drain more than 20%? HM Drac is a good example, if your timing is a little off you don't have to worry about being OHKO.

Archina2255
08-30-2010, 09:01 AM
lets say the puppet master (on hard) summons one of those dolls to put into the iron maiden. all of your teammates dont care and continue to attack the boss. the puppet goes in the iron maiden, as do you. having your ancient armor on you only lose 20% of your hp. if you werent wearing ancient armor you would be dead as the iron maiden normally deals 100% of your max hp.

so basicly, it lets you survive things you wouldnt normally survive.

islehopnpriest
08-30-2010, 01:20 PM
I see its a replacement to damage... I was reading it wrong, thinking that I took the damage plus loss 20% of max hp. So basically everything hits me for 78 damage, or I can take 4 hits before needing to heal. Ok thanks guys.

LosT3PropheT
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Most things on hard outside of petty creatures (medusa heads, etc.) deal at least 20% or more of your HP to begin with..

Ancient armor, FTW..

The Filthy Goat
08-30-2010, 03:28 PM
yeah, this was a godsend. Once I had the ancient armor, I was able to start doing solo hard runs on Drac with my Alucard, since multiplayer is such a crapshoot. I would always avoid it before because I'd sometimes get caught in that demonic meggido attack of his and die instantly and it would feel like I had just wasted my time. With the armor I know I could take 5 hits before I needed to use a potion (as long as my health wasn't divisible by 5).

UCB Disco
08-30-2010, 06:09 PM
yeah, this was a godsend. Once I had the ancient armor, I was able to start doing solo hard runs on Drac with my Alucard, since multiplayer is such a crapshoot. I would always avoid it before because I'd sometimes get caught in that demonic meggido attack of his and die instantly and it would feel like I had just wasted my time. With the armor I know I could take 5 hits before I needed to use a potion (as long as my health wasn't divisible by 5).

Totally agree. I spent about 30 minutes tonight trying to get into a game, and with people quitting out and the search screen locking up, I think I got 1 game in (Where 2 people still quit out).

Thanks to this beautiful armor, I normally don't have to worry about playing with people online. Ancient Armor really is fantastic.

islehopnpriest
08-30-2010, 06:15 PM
ok I used it a couple times...lemme just say awesome..i survived puppet master torture chamber and drac's megiddo spell..that makes it worth it alone.

Rogue x360a
08-30-2010, 06:47 PM
ok I used it a couple times...lemme just say awesome..i survived puppet master torture chamber and drac's megiddo spell..that makes it worth it alone.
BUT if you know what you are doing you don't need it. Dracula's Tunic FTW! At least until I get higher attack body armor.

Ty-Rex
08-30-2010, 11:26 PM
BUT if you know what you are doing you don't need it. Dracula's Tunic FTW! At least until I get higher attack body armor. Yeah I usually use Drac's Tunic, but typically the first round I play with 6 people fighting Dracula, I'll use Ancient Armor just in case people quit or stand outside of the room in cast the rest of the group and I can't kill him quickly.

islehopnpriest
08-31-2010, 02:34 AM
Thats funny cuz I took dracs tunic off in favor of the ancient armor. at least for soma.. i can gain life and I'm rarely hit anyway so I like to avoid the one hit kills. I'll keep dracs tunic on Alucard though.

sera07
09-01-2010, 10:24 PM
I swap the armor when playing 2 and 4. Make sure i don't get kill by those iron maiden and poison wheel, but never put it on chapter 5, those scythe may kill u quick.

metalheart
09-02-2010, 08:29 AM
Ancient Armor must be real good. I have 2 Vals, 6 Drac Tunics, 2 Winged Boots, At least 1 of any Jontathan-only armor, 4 Death Robe, 2 Death Scythe, 1 Claim Solais, 3 Berserk Armor, and various other rare drops from the other levels.

But that crappy ancient armor I really want, just doesn't exist (for me!)

An item that rare just has to be godly!

LosT3PropheT
09-02-2010, 02:11 PM
It's all about chance. I've killed Death 60 times (only 15 with Soma) maybe. I have 2 Scythes, death's robe and 2 ancient armors. But, I've killed Dracula well over 300 and I still don't have winged boots. Although, I have 4 Tunics, 4 impervious mails, 2 valmanways...