PDA

View Full Version : Onilne Newbie Info

ms2002sss
04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi There,

just tried COD3 online this weekend and have a few questions I dont have answers for.

1. In the lobby I have a number next to my name which gradually worked its way lower as the day went on (4 then 3 then 2). What is this? Most peoples were much higher. Is this a score or connection speed?

2. The game seemed smooth but somtimes I was sure I nailed someone several times with a bullet and they survived and shot me very quickley. Is this a game delay and I didnt actually shoot them at all?

3. Who decides what ranked matches are played? I couldnt see anyway of creating a ranked match type.

Thanks,

highpass
04-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Welcome aboard.

1. I've not played it in a while but that's more than likely your rank.
2. This is "lag" caused by your connection, a common problem in online games. Try to adjust your firing times to suit accordingly (not what you wanted to hear, i know).
3. Nobody can host/configure a ranked match. As a client, you can merely pick the gametype you fancy, the rest is random.

CoolioDude
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah, like everything highpass said, ill explain it again and change a couple things.

1. This is your True Skill Ranking. You know, like more points less deaths. Really good people are 25 and above, average are 25-15. And the noobs, or just people who havent played much, are 14-0.

2. This is most likely a lag, the person has bad connection, or you shot them in the leg alot. You'll know if you shot somone because that X appears where ever you shot on a body.

3. There is a host, but they don't chose the map. You can do a custom match and shoose a gamemode, but you cant chose the map. This is the only thing that the host is able to do. If he quits, it will say "Game session is no longer available."

Hope that answers all your questions.

newbsicle
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I've also got a newb question.
Is there a way to view your current ranked points or not?

TurMoiL911
05-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes. Go to the Leaderboards.

brennan4ever
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
yea i had the same queries thanks for the tips

Darth Odan
05-31-2007, 06:03 PM
Yeah, like everything highpass said, ill explain it again and change a couple things.

1. This is your True Skill Ranking. You know, like more points less deaths. Really good people are 25 and above, average are 25-15. And the noobs, or just people who havent played much, are 14-0.

2. This is most likely a lag, the person has bad connection, or you shot them in the leg alot. You'll know if you shot somone because that X appears where ever you shot on a body.

3. There is a host, but they don't chose the map. You can do a custom match and shoose a gamemode, but you cant chose the map. This is the only thing that the host is able to do. If he quits, it will say "Game session is no longer available."

Hope that answers all your questions.

I'm really good, I'm a level 29 XD. I don't get the point of the levels though.

CoolioDude
06-01-2007, 01:29 AM
I'm really good, I'm a level 29 XD. I don't get the point of the levels though.

Ha, are you really good? I'm a 13 =(. I don't know why, I just got 82 an hour ago.

Curtis
06-01-2007, 10:32 AM
The levels don't mean much. I went from a 4 to a 27 in 5 games. All you have to do it play battle and rape the shit out of everything that moves.