PDA

View Full Version : Grim Reaper achievement: Golem strategy Nightmare

Ackter
08-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Step 1. Set all your regular team to heal themselves with strongest possible potion after dropping past 25% health

Step 2. Take control of the Golem

Step 3. Assign Group heal to X

Step 4. Assign Revive to Y

Step 5. Hit the Harvester once to get everyone targetting him

Step 6. Go and stand next to the switch and press D-Pad Up to hit it when available

Step 7. Group heal whenever possible

Step 8. Revive when needed (you shouldn't need it)

Step 9. Flawless Victory :cool:

Whitedragon40k
08-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I did this last night and got through no problem, the only difference is that I had Heal <75% use least powerful poltice as well as the <25%

During the second half of the battle I did not have to do anything

CMpunk17
09-02-2010, 04:13 AM
try this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251538

The Watcher
09-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks Ackter the Golem strategy work like a dream the only thing I had to change is that I had to walk around a bit because the skeletons that spawned near the switch ganged up and went for me which wasn’t a big deal oh and on my first try I forgot about friendly fire and kill my teams with the rock throw (my bad) other than that no problems.

RoyallFreshness
09-06-2010, 12:10 PM
this strategy is perfect

SteeVSRT
09-07-2010, 04:00 AM
I make it through the first part fine but some how get over whelmed by the skels in the second part... No clue why either.

SHIMA 41
09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Thanks for this. I was having a hard time getting past the 1st part of this boss fight. During the second phase I got targeted by skeletons so I swapped over to my rogue character and put on endure hardship and kept sucking down stamina potions :) Again thank you.

Ackter
09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks Ackter the Golem strategy work like a dream the only thing I had to change is that I had to walk around a bit because the skeletons that spawned near the switch ganged up and went for me which wasn’t a big deal oh and on my first try I forgot about friendly fire and kill my teams with the rock throw (my bad) other than that no problems.

If you have the Dwarf Warrior specced up with the "look at me" talents then none of the skeletons will even look at the Golem. If your main character is a Warrior as well then even better.

I'd suggest two Champion Reavers with the Warden being a dual wielder as the best set up (though make sure to turn off the Reaver buffs from their tactics or their health will drop in seconds - its the passive Reaver skills that are important).

Ackter
09-07-2010, 07:25 PM
I make it through the first part fine but some how get over whelmed by the skels in the second part... No clue why either.

Have a look at my last post as the best way around this. Also make sure to never miss hitting a switch or it'll be much more difficult.

Angus Macready
09-09-2010, 04:20 AM
This strategy works like a dream. Thanks!:woop:

Braddy J
09-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Not such a flawless victory. Works a treat for the first three quarters of the first fight, but once the skeletons start respawning straight after you flick the switch they all chase my golem and he's dead within a few hits. I very rarely make it to where you're just fighting the head and if I do, Golem is never alive.

Ackter
09-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Not such a flawless victory. Works a treat for the first three quarters of the first fight, but once the skeletons start respawning straight after you flick the switch they all chase my golem and he's dead within a few hits. I very rarely make it to where you're just fighting the head and if I do, Golem is never alive.

Then you're doing something wrong - read my reply to someone a few posts up as the best way to avoid this from happening.

Though to note, first time I did this I used two rogues and a warrior so it's easily possible without the double warrior thing.

Surgeon_Sniper
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Your way.....
It works.
Thanks for saving me major time.:drunk

Banana of Doom
10-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Geez, reading all these threads made me think this was gonna be extremely hard.

I just tanked it with my level 35 rogue with minimal effort. What gives?

WaltJay
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM

I tried this and it worked perfectly. I did it with my level 30 rogue from Awakenings. I respecced the warrior so he'd have taunt (for some reason he didn't), set the tactics for everyone to self-heal at 75%, and that's about it. During the fight, no one came to close to dying. I used the switch everytime it popped (it's up on the dpad and "A", btw, not just up) and used group heal everytime it came up, even though I didn't really need to each time.

Thanks for posting the strategy; I was being helplessly owned over and over, and this strategy worked perfectly. I only wish I tried it first and saved myself a load of time.

Sakurafire
11-07-2010, 05:46 AM
I've tried this strategy about six times. Each time I get pwned in the 2nd round with no potions left and everyone is dead. I have a defense based Warrior and everything unlocked. I started off the match with about 80 potions.

SLRU
11-07-2010, 06:16 AM
didn't work for me either, couldn't get even half thru the first form. Even with upgrades the golem is too weak and goes down in 2 hits, just as the rest of the useless AI

Sakurafire
11-07-2010, 06:51 AM
I actually did the kiting strategy and it worked on the first try. I guess my character wasn't built for this one. (If I had rogue it would have likely worked.)

Masakari
11-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Great tip, this strategy worked for me, got it on my 2nd try. Thanks!

Dr Strange 88
11-14-2010, 11:09 PM
this worked for me, even got the game to glitch my warden out i took zero damage but owned the harvester and skulls now that is a story to tell

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-16-2010, 02:55 AM
I just finally did this, thanks to the help in this thread. For me the key was following the OP's method, while setting the 75% threshold on healing mentioned by the 2nd poster, using the golem's flame weapon ability, and making sure I got all my guys interested in attacking the second form (every other time I tried everyone kept getting tangled up in the skeletons and ignored the Harvester after he changed.) Thanks to everyone!

snorlax789
11-21-2010, 04:12 AM
Great strategy, and it worked perfectly. I too set my party to use the least powerful potions if their health dipped below 75%, though this seemed to negate the use of the most powerful potions if their health dipped below 25%. The rogue dwarf was popping potions like it was water.

Skorky
12-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Hey thanks heaps for the guide! I ended up soloing the last 50% on my warden with the last few pots I had left and a horde of skellies reaming me at the same time, just a little sketchy!

DisabledGamer
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Golem strategy..worked perfectly.took about 7mins:woop:

UnleashTheCASEY
12-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Great Strategy. Thanks for the tip. Once I controlled the golem, fight didn't take more than 4 minutes tops. Appreciate the help.

skeletorx
12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Worked great. once I remembered to go up and punch the second form. Also resepeced both the dwarves. The warrior I made a champion, berserker, and a guardian. Raised his constitution to 57, strength to 74, and dex to 32. the rogue was strength 34, dex 64, and constitution 37. I made him a ranger since you have to, a legionnaire, and put all the skill points in to legion, and dual wield, the left overs went into a little archery (though it wasn't needed.)

With those 2 and my level 35 rogue. All I did was stand there and hit group heal, and the switch when needed. Took all of about 4 minutes.

GT:SkelatorX

UnleashTheCASEY
12-08-2010, 02:39 PM
I no longer had my copy of Awakenings, so I couldn't get the books to respec the other characters, I just left them as is and had no trouble once I controlled the golem.

RedGunner99
12-21-2010, 09:24 PM
worked a treat for me too, second attempt. that was after spending a couple of hours trying to defeat the reaper and only once getting to the second stage.

goothgone
12-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Step 1. Set all your regular team to heal themselves with strongest possible potion after dropping past 25% health

Step 6. Go and stand next to the switch and press D-Pad Up to hit it when available

awesome strategy got it the first time

LostCastle
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
After reading how it was incredibly hard, need a mage character or duped stats I was really worried about this achievement. Then I read your strategy and I beat it the first time without even coming close to an "oh-no!" moment.

Just wanted to say thanks for the strategy, worked like a charm. :drunk

xXSerialXx
12-28-2010, 08:34 PM

damn i tried the harvester over 20 times and failed... but with this guide!! i raped him on my first try! thanks a lot!!

LiQuid!
12-30-2010, 06:10 AM
This absolutely is NOT working for me and I've just tried it about 10 times using this method. After about the fourth or fifth time of flipping the switch about 5 skeletons spawn INSTANTLY and destroy my entire team. I've got everybody set to use a poultice at 50%, I'm hitting group heal as the golem EVERY time it's up, and not only that but my guys (especially Jerrik) are getting hammered so hard that I have to use the bumpers to go over to them and manually hit a heal.

My main character is an archery spec'd rogue if that makes a difference. This fight is killing me. :(

LiQuid!
12-31-2010, 05:43 AM
Ok, so grand total I tried this fight probably 50-60 times with my rogue before I got fed up. So I spent a good 6 or 7 hours today leveling up a mage to 31-32ish (went to 25 using the Ostagar trick and then played a couple Awakenings missions) and this fight was a JOKE just beat it on the first try no problem whatsoever. I can't even believe it. I generally used the abilities/spells listed in the achievement guide. All in all, I still think the 6 hours I spent leveling the mage was less than the time all my rogue attempts took me, so anybody trying to beat this, just save yourself the headache and level up a mage.

Scotty
01-01-2011, 08:47 PM

Step 9. Flawless Victory :cool: how the fuck is this even suppose to work. all three nob heads die straight away by the harvester so im left running around until i can keep reviving them then they die again and i repeat. jus did this for about 45mins and only half of its health had gone down. i had no health poultices left and could only revive one perosn at a time, then they'd die again within 5 secs, so i finally just gaveup and let it kill my golem can you help with any other info at all. also what does flicking that switch even do? i thought it killed them skeletons but i didn't.

EDIT: nevermind i did it thanks to RadiatVipers glitch method.

Akanas
01-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm stucked with this one too.

I tried to do this with a fresh made lv. 20 mage which is skilled as a healer. I made tactics to every one focused on using healing Items and the Golem only use his heal spell when possible and doing meele.

I take control on my mage. I stay near the button to kill the skeletons when necessary. Sometimes the Harvester mages his "olol skeleton spawn throw on me, so I freeze this one and use lifesteal so my primary healspell wont have a new cooldown until the button appears to save me. But the best result I can get is like 75% down on phase 1.

I guess you can only win this encounter with a selfmade max level healer... It's kind of depressing that you can't win this with a new Character.

Scotty
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm stucked with this one too.

I tried to do this with a fresh made lv. 20 mage which is skilled as a healer. I made tactics to every one focused on using healing Items and the Golem only use his heal spell when possible and doing meele.

I take control on my mage. I stay near the button to kill the skeletons when necessary. Sometimes the Harvester mages his "olol skeleton spawn throw on me, so I freeze this one and use lifesteal so my primary healspell wont have a new cooldown until the button appears to save me. But the best result I can get is like 75% down on phase 1.

I guess you can only win this encounter with a selfmade max level healer... It's kind of depressing that you can't win this with a new Character. try the glitch method in another thread by RadiantViper takes quite a while but is totally worth it. just beat it in about 2mins with my overpowered warrior.

Toams07
01-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Seems the easiest way to do him...
Fcking bastard he is .. how dares he to beat the fcking Hero of Ferelden?

Toams07
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I've tried it this way multiple times.
First phase is dead in about 5 - 7 minutes, but during second the Harvester jumps away causing my party to attack the skeletons which ends up in an eternal fight consuming all my health potions.
WTF am I doing wrong?

ViRaLuNdEaD
01-07-2011, 06:18 PM
I've tried it this way multiple times.
First phase is dead in about 5 - 7 minutes, but during second the Harvester jumps away causing my party to attack the skeletons which ends up in an eternal fight consuming all my health potions.
WTF am I doing wrong?

This is exactly what happened to me the first few times I tried it. What I would offer is as soon as the second form shows, manually switch to each person and force them to attack the Harvester. Otherwise they tend to ignore him and go for the skeletons. If you keep healing with the golem it's a cinch.

Toams07
01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
If you keep healing with the golem it's a cinch.

Is it?
Its a 6-8 Skeleton pack hitting 60-80 on my party.
Cant really heal that with the golem

ViRaLuNdEaD
01-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Is it?
Cant really heal that with the golem

Was for me and I didn't use the tome dupe glitch or anything. I would suggest making sure you have potions set to heal at 75% and have a lot of them. I ended the fight with everyone alive, even the dwarf's animal friend.

Scotty
01-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Is it?
Cant really heal that with the golem im gonna keep sayin this until you tell me to fuck off. USE THE DUPE GLITCH. it sooooo worth it. i killed it in less than two mins. you could have done this by now even if you needed to start a new game.

Toams07
01-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Was for me and I didn't use the tome dupe glitch or anything. I would suggest making sure you have potions set to heal at 75% and have a lot of them. I ended the fight with everyone alive, even the dwarf's animal friend.

The amount of potions shouldn't be a problem I guess. All cumulated I have nearly 450. Problem i the Harvester decides his skeletons can do the fight and never stays on the same spot for 5 seconds. So when I finally have all my friends set to attack the Harvester, I can start over.

Damn this guy is driving me mad!

Kerhold
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I did this last night and got through no problem, the only difference is that I had Heal <75% use least powerful poltice as well as the <25%

During the second half of the battle I did not have to do anything

Well, I haven't got any trouble with this as well (first try). I was affraid I would have (my golem even died and other companion), but it's quite easy to do it if you are mage, who can resurect dead, heal and have Keeper spells. Oh, and I was 35 lvl.

But I suppose it's realy hard, if you have warrior or rogue and start just with new character.
I will try this as well next time.

Toams07
01-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Perhaps it's me, but everyone says the second part is the easier one. I think the first part is, since I made it past the first phase multiple times and never past the second phase.
I followed this guide by controlling the golem all fight but all my companions start attacking skeletons during stage 2. WTF????

Freysi
02-15-2011, 07:49 AM
First part was super easy with this strategy. The second part gave me problems. No matter what I did, my characters targetted one of the skeletons instead of the Harvester. I tried having them just kill the skellies, but one of them seemed to be completely invulnerable. So finally I just grabbed my warden, let the others die, and ran into the corner behind the wall and killed the Harvester with a bow.

It was tricky, there was a skelly camping right on me and the Harvester wouldn't come around unless I peeked out a bit. And if I accidentally targetted something outside the wall, I would get pushed through the wall into a group of skellies. So I just had to be patient and move in very small increments.

Ryan OReily
02-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Yesterday the Harvester painted the roof with my ass the whole day. Today I found your post and crushed that mother on my second attempt. Awesome! And Thanks!

Elctrchead
02-16-2011, 08:26 AM

Worked perfect 4 me and I was only lvl23 (warrior) :rock. Thanks 4 the tip.

JagSpring
02-22-2011, 12:48 AM
ok well i can get through the first half fine. then it all goes downhill.
is there meant to be a switch in the 2nd half too? On the map it shows 2 x's where switches are but i cant see them anywhere to up on d pad and click...

sorry if this doesnt make sense or is stupid, this is my last achievement for the game and i cant really be bothered starting a whole new game just to do the glitch to get this.

roneraven
02-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Finally!!! That was the last achvy I needed for this game. Bring DA II now lol.

Tried all the other methods and the OP seemed to be the only one that worked for my rogue, thanx!!

scrummers
02-24-2011, 06:31 AM
best strategy out there. Was trying for about an hour without doing this and only manged half way through the second phase. Tried this once and crusied through it. Thanks for the good tips.

Capta1nJack91
02-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm having no trouble with the first part, but the second part is ridiculous. There is no switch to disable the skeletons, and even when I start attacking the harvester some, my companions get killed easily despite me being using group heal as fast as i can.

Edit: Never mind, I ended up using the dupe glitch instead :p

dragonpwnr99
03-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Thank you! After about 5 tries, I finally kept jerrik alive somehow and killed him :) second form was a cake walk :)

level 21 arcanee warrior BTW

singlservinjack
03-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Worked a treat, thanks buddy!

jrmtz85
03-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Holy Crap!! Best strategy ever!! First try my Golem got swarmed by skeletons, but they pretty much ignored him in the seond try. Dude was dead in like 3 minutes. Thank you!!!!

wreckdsoul
04-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the strategy! Worked for me on the second try.

JagSpring
04-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm having no trouble with the first part, but the second part is ridiculous. There is no switch to disable the skeletons, and even when I start attacking the harvester some, my companions get killed easily despite me being using group heal as fast as i can.

Edit: Never mind, I ended up using the dupe glitch instead :p

yea i was having the same problem not being able to find the switch in the 2nd phase. i really dont want to have to do the dupe glitch, i guess ill just keep trying

D0ctorNick
04-05-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm also having switch issues...where is it hiding :/

ananda07
04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Played Origins on the PS3 but came to look for a solution for this battle here.
This strategy is great ! Works like a charm, thank you :)

SuperWoody64
05-15-2011, 01:49 AM
This took me a couple tries with this method so i tried it with having only the 3 non-golem characters attacking and turned off all other tactics besides heal at <75% health. It seems that before, the guys would be too busy doing dumb stuff rather than popping a health pot. Got it first try after I did that. Also, good call manually making everyone attack the harvester on 2nd round. Otherwise they attack anything/nothing important.

rusty_nzl
11-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Great strategy, thanks. I had been struggling a with this.
Tried this and worked a charm.:woop:

IBleedEasily
11-11-2011, 11:49 PM
I suck at this...I can beat the Harvester in his first form, then I get owned on his second, I will try this method tonight

Eggnogga
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Thanks for this strategy. It worked! It took me like 4 times, as my party kept dying all in the same time frame.

Eventually I beat it's first phase with all of my party alive and full health. 2nd phase kicked in, and for some reason NONE of the skeletons spawned in! I just kept my golem in a safe location, just in case and let the other party members slowly beat him. The 2nd phase just kept jumping from 1 spot to the next and after about 5 minutes, it was over. Woohoo.

DJH4311
09-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Looks good, I'll be trying this as soon as I'm up to this dlc, going through them in order lol.

Tentaklaus
03-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Wow, must try this strategy as I failed so hard the game ended up in my shelve some time ago!

nicidee
04-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Wow, must try this strategy as I failed so hard the game ended up in my shelve some time ago!

If you're having trouble, the key is making sure you hit the Harvester in its second (smaller) form to get the party targeting it for Phase 2. I had done that in the beginning of the fight for Phase 1 but not after it changes forms. I can't tell you how many times I failed but once I realized that was all I needed to do, the method works perfectly. Also if your Warden is an archery rogue (mine was), you should re-spec them to be a dual-wielder since it is entirely a melee battle. That was the other problem I was having.

ScottieElisabeth
03-17-2014, 02:27 AM
After struggling with other methods, I got the achievement with this on my first attempt with it. Way to go, OP.

thenightmare
03-17-2014, 05:53 PM
I can't get this strat to work to save my life, no clue what he problem is