PDA

View Full Version : F1 2010: Tyre Puncture Video

tgas416
08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
YouTube- Reifenschaden 1

What do you guys think dose this look cool or not?

f1ferrari
08-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Well I was very impressed at first, but then it still stayed de-laminated, I was expecting it to burst....did it?

xLMx1994
08-31-2010, 08:16 PM
Well I was very impressed at first, but then it still stayed de-laminated, I was expecting it to burst....did it?

no they dont

tgas416
08-31-2010, 09:53 PM
i think it would of burst its just the video ended...

f1ferrari
08-31-2010, 10:17 PM
no they dont

See, now that's going to be something I wont like. I want to see the thing burst just as it does in RL then have to struggle to get her back without damaging the car. grrrrr. Wont stop me buying the game, Just I never get everything I want, so what's new, That little bit more code can make wonders in this life.

iOnlyGotOneArm
09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that it is NOT simulating a punctured tired but rather a balance issue, PSI concern, something wrong perhaps with the control arm or (least likely, yet would cause the tire to shake/wobble like that in real life); the lug nuts were not fastened securely.

tgas416
09-01-2010, 02:18 PM
thid looks cool but now im wondering if tires can blow up not fly off or puncture like this.

o H i T M a N z
09-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I also was impressed at first, the graphics of the damaged tyre seem very good, but after that it was dissapointing, the tyre should continue to ruin until your eventually left with pretty much the wheel, and it is also unrealistic to hit 170mph with your front right tyre in that condition, and another thing i hated to watch was right at the end when the car went straight into wall, there was no further damage to car when really the tyre would be completely ripped off and the suspension broken.

f1ferrari
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I also was impressed at first, the graphics of the damaged tyre seem very good, but after that it was dissapointing, the tyre should continue to ruin until your eventually left with pretty much the wheel, and it is also unrealistic to hit 170mph with your front right tyre in that condition, and another thing i hated to watch was right at the end when the car went straight into wall, there was no further damage to car when really the tyre would be completely ripped off and the suspension broken.

Completely agree with all comments here.

wellsy84
09-06-2010, 10:36 PM
yeah this game is promising so much i hope it doesn't disappoint...

Masterbelg
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
the graphics of the tire with the puncture seem to me a oldfashion.
I mean it moves really weird, like it's floating or something.
But brilliant idea to include in the game!

tonyturbo
09-13-2010, 11:25 AM
it's a nice touch to be included but it all looks rather pants actually, the tyre doesn't gradually get worse, it doesn't get anymore damage when it hits the wall, it doesn't deflate anymore, it doesn't really effect speed, you don't see bits of rubber fly off....but the worst thing about it, the tyre doesn't even roll the right ways for the corners :( When entering a right handed corner the deflated tyre should roll to the right and vice versa. Think of where the turning force is, if your turning fast and hard into a right hander, all the weight is pushing the car to the left, there for a deflated tyre would roll under the force of the turn and peel to the right of the rim. Just horrible looking to be honest.

jtr1gg3r
09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Just to let everybody know, that the driver (player) might not have had realistic settings on.

Full damage, mechanical failures etc. ;)

I personally think this is looking great :)

xLMx1994
09-13-2010, 03:18 PM
honestly this does look really bad, but it wont stop me loving this game. i think the game will be to good for something like this to stop people liking it. also it is there first F1 game, so they can easily change things like this for next years game.

tgas416
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Just to let everybody know, that the driver (player) might not have had realistic settings on.

Full damage, mechanical failures etc. ;)

I personally think this is looking great :)
This a very good point
it's a nice touch to be included but it all looks rather pants actually, the tyre doesn't gradually get worse, it doesn't get anymore damage when it hits the wall, it doesn't deflate anymore, it doesn't really effect speed, you don't see bits of rubber fly off....but the worst thing about it, the tyre doesn't even roll the right ways for the corners :( When entering a right handed corner the deflated tyre should roll to the right and vice versa. Think of where the turning force is, if your turning fast and hard into a right hander, all the weight is pushing the car to the left, there for a deflated tyre would roll under the force of the turn and peel to the right of the rim. Just horrible looking to be honest.
ya i don't know this could be an old video, it's probably from games com they could of tweaked stuff in the game after games com and i bet that wasn't the final version of the game... will just have to wait and see. its like a week away...