PDA

View Full Version : Death Metallers

mortug
08-31-2010, 06:30 PM
give me your honest opinion

http://www.myspace.com/slogstorm

mortug
09-04-2010, 04:11 PM
srsly guys. this is my band. i just plead for some response ;)

ConflagrationMN
09-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I know this sounds harsh but I listened to "Kald natt med Draugen" and it was honestly one of the most boring dm songs I've ever heard. It wasn't bad by any means, the riffs and structure were just really lame.

Joker0fLife
09-04-2010, 10:07 PM
It's OK, there's nothing that makes you a truely standout band. It also doesn't help that I don't speak Finn if that's what the language is?

Chevron411
09-04-2010, 10:17 PM
It's an odd mixture of thrash and death metal elements. You've got the brutality pegged down for sure. Eim av Død has a weird blast beat thing going on with it from :59 to 1:04 but otherwise most solid track.

mortug
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
the riffs and structure were just really lame.
i appreciate honest oppinions, but come on dude. you have to be lame to actually use the word lame.
and the funny thing is that it's one of our most popular tracks. everytime we play it live people go wild. so you're obviously alone with you oppinion ;)

ApochWeiss
09-07-2010, 09:23 AM
My cable's out so I can't stream myspace audio since it's blocked at work. I'd chime in, but sadly cannot.

mortug
09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
My cable's out so I can't stream myspace audio since it's blocked at work. I'd chime in, but sadly cannot.
i know the entire demo is in RAR somewhere... will look when i get home

FoxRacing1234
09-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I think you guys are okay but I'm really not a fan of the mixing and mastering. The vocals are mostly at a good volume but sometimes the rest of the instruments tend to blend together, make a mess or try to compete with each other to be the loudest. I would work on that. At times, it sounds like a mess. This genre is a hard one to stand out in so you'll really have to work your asses off and network it up to get it to pay off. Overall, not too bad. I don't know what the music scene is like over there or how hard it is to get recognized. In the states, you would probably have a very difficult time because there are millions of bands that are doing the same thing. It's tough but keep at it and good luck!

mortug
09-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I think you guys are okay but I'm really not a fan of the mixing and mastering. The vocals are mostly at a good volume but sometimes the rest of the instruments tend to blend together
i know. we chose the wrong producer. he was a mainstream focused producer killing all of our songs. we are not happy with the production at all.
the older demos sounds much better

i know it's hard to go far with music nowadays. but this is only a hobby. the whole band a full time workers. we only do gigs now and then.
oddly enough we have made a name of ourselves in norway. norwegian death metallers would most likely have heard of us somehow

johnschaeffer95
09-08-2010, 09:57 PM
it was to be honest mediocre at best

bapae
09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Wheres Apoch when you need him.

mortug
09-09-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZC612ZHW

for all demos (except new one)

bapae
09-10-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZC612ZHW

for all demos (except new one) When i get home from school ill give these a download and listen and ill tell you what i think i thought the stuff you had on yourtube was pretty good but didnt really like it because it was live not a big fan of listening to live music so if these demos arnt live ill like them alot better.

stabyourcat
09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Apart from the vokills, I wouldn't even call the music death metal... not saying that's a bad thing. If you look straight at the music, it's much more rooted in thrash. Some riffs even sound like a down-tuned arena rock riff. Your riffs are greath, though. Catchy, and headbangable. Buuuut I really think you're not breaking enough new ground to go beyond the band that plays first or second when some bigger bands come to town.
Keep at it! Keep it metal.

mortug
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
glad it's not my music your "trashing" :P
i know it's sounds trash, but that's because the writer in the band is very trash influenced.
and when it comes to creating something "new", that's very hard nowadays.
but we keep it simple and clean. metal clean