PDA

View Full Version : What carries into the next game?

TigerII
08-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Like, does the number of killed, doors unlocked, stats, cards carry over when you start another play through(On the same save)?

Bwild44
09-01-2010, 03:43 AM
I think levels/stats and also the cards carry over, but im not 100% sure. Anyone care to confirm???

ofay
09-01-2010, 03:51 AM
I thought I had heard this somewhere but can't confirm. I imagine it would carry over since you can only get to level 5, not much sense level capping if it doesn't carry over

WeskersHenchman
09-01-2010, 04:37 AM
If you use the same save slot, your level, unlocked abilities/upgrades (per level), found combo/scratch cards, money, and money spent (for the achievement) carry over. Only the 1000 zombie kills won't stack, so make sure to hit it in one go.

WeskersHenchman
09-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Oh, and doors will not stay unlocked.

optics
09-01-2010, 04:51 AM
I think cards and level stats carry over. I wonder though, even if I'm maxed at level 5, as I keep getting PP like 234985923 PP, would it transfer over to the game and I would start off at level 50 or something. Number of kills don't really matter since the amount of kills needed for an achievement must be unlocked on 1 playthrough. I think I remember reading clothes carry over as well. Not sure how that works since you have to go to a location in the game to put something on. Its not like you have a locker full of everything you've ever worn.... unless they've changed that for the sequel.

If you use the same save slot, your level, unlocked abilities/upgrades (per level), found combo/scratch cards, money, and money spent (for the achievement) carry over. Only the 1000 zombie kills won't stack, so make sure to hit it in one go.

Actually, the poster was talking about what carries over to the actual game, retail, sequel, Dead Rising 2, not Case Zero.

Jmashed
09-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I think it'd be safe to assume the only things that carry over are your PP level, your money and the cards you collect (possibly kills, but it makes more sense to reset that since the only thing it's good for is calculating the kills and achievements you get in that specific game). Doesn't seem like much else could be carried over anyways. If you hit the max level in DR:CZ (still unsure if there even is a max, but I can bet there is) I'd doubt any extra xp carries over, that doesn't make much sense, especially in terms of how cheaply you'd blast your way through DR2. Either way, I wouldn't waste any extra hours grinding away at DR2:CZ just to make it easier for me in DR2, you should of bought this game because you wanted to play it or to experience a little taste of DR2 a little sooner.

Rose Knight789
09-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I think most of us who are extremely high in pp and what not most likely don't want them to tranfer over past level5 because that would ruin our experience in dr2 i hope as welll that money isn't transferred but i looked at the capcom website and it seems like it will be which really is bad cause you have to fully enjoy a game at an extreme difficulty to really see how scary the game really can be.

Quickdraw
09-01-2010, 09:12 AM
If you use the same save slot, your level, unlocked abilities/upgrades (per level), found combo/scratch cards, money, and money spent (for the achievement) carry over. Only the 1000 zombie kills won't stack, so make sure to hit it in one go. this sounds about right.

xWTHx xSHADOWx
09-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Stuff that carries over:

Level (max 5) :
yes

combo/scratch cards :
yes

unlocked abilities/upgrades :
for combat yes, tho status stats may not be 100% same

ending:
no, all dr2 (full game) saves will start on case 1 where story starts.

P.S. This stuff is from sources on internet, IMO this is the best value arcade game OF ALL TIME!

Xoatl
09-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I hope my Ladies Hat, Waitresses Dress and my White Tennis Shoes carry over.

ofay
09-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Stuff that carries over:

Level (max 5) :
yes

combo/scratch cards :
yes

unlocked abilities/upgrades :
for combat yes, tho status stats may not be 100% same

ending:
no, all dr2 (full game) saves will start on case 1 where story starts.

P.S. This stuff is from sources on internet, IMO this is the best value arcade game OF ALL TIME!
Doesn't DR2 start in fortune city?

Also does it matter if your final save you got all the bike parts, built all weapons, unlocked all doors and saved everyone? Since it carries over do those factors change the game at all?

theborgie
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM
According to Major Nelson's Blurb.

Any PP, clothing, and Combo Cards gained in CASE ZERO will carry over into your Dead Rising 2 game!

ofay
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
According to Major Nelson's Blurb.

Any PP, clothing, and Combo Cards gained in CASE ZERO will carry over into your Dead Rising 2 game!
So then it doesn't matter what ending you get, how many survivors you save or doors unlocked.

Just craft all the weapons and get your PP as high as possible?