PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs

PimplyPete
09-01-2010, 06:08 AM
Anyone notice if you hold the attack button with the kitchen knife (forgot the name) it plays a 'Psycho' jingle while Chuck repeatedly stabs his victim. I bust out laughing when it first happened.:p

I could only remember one Easter egg right now, but if you found them, please feel free to share.

thespambot
09-01-2010, 06:15 AM
That's awesome! I will have to try it out :)

Jmashed
09-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Just like Dead Rising to have hilarious final blows. I haven't seen many of them yet but I'm sure the full game will be full of hilarity and references to the real life Vegas (still hoping on a zombie Rat Pack and Carrot Top).

Danteire
09-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Well there is the cardboard standee in the cinema that looks VERY similar to Megaman.

Am hoping for some cameo outfits, like the Resident Evil characters outfits, maybe some nods in the names of magazines you can pick up or such.

Damn end of September cant get here fast enough....

thud17
09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
The cardboard is of Protoman. He's a character from the MegaMan games.

Straylow
09-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I just spotted one today, I believe. On the back of the grocery store, sort of by where you find Jason and Archie, there's some graffiti that looks a lot like the Blue Badger from Capcom's Phoenix Wright games.

Here's what he looks like from the DS games so you can compare: Blue Badger (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qJiekGEuC5o/SCB3Yh9GcHI/AAAAAAAAAFA/9wUxNEo9h-o/s320/badger.jpg)

tweak4ever
09-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Just like Dead Rising to have hilarious final blows. I haven't seen many of them yet but I'm sure the full game will be full of hilarity and references to the real life Vegas (still hoping on a zombie Rat Pack and Carrot Top).

looking fowrward to a vegas show of zombies, haha

Anyone notice if you hold the attack button with the kitchen knife (forgot the name) it plays a 'Psycho' jingle while Chuck repeatedly stabs his victim. I bust out laughing when it first happened.:p

I could only remember one Easter egg right now, but if you found them, please feel free to share.

called the Chef's knife btw

x352x pH
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM

Haha, thats great! Nice find.

PimplyPete
09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Found another one.

I just unlocked the achievement for unlocking all the doors, and in the description it says "You are the master of unlocking". I'm sure this is a reference to Jill Valentine from Resident Evil.

The first game had a Jill reference as well, one of the sandwich shop in the mall is called "Jill's sandwich":woop:

Nevander
09-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Don't forget Chris's Fine Foods, I think that's what it was. Lol.

tweak4ever
09-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Found another one.

I just unlocked the achievement for unlocking all the doors, and in the description it says "You are the master of unlocking". I'm sure this is a reference to Jill Valentine from Resident Evil.

The first game had a Jill reference as well, one of the sandwich shop in the mall is called "Jill's sandwich":woop:

"You almost turned into a Jill sandwich"

when he said that it always sounded like "Jibble Sandwich" to me, and I couldnt figure out for the life of me what a "Jibble Sandwich" was, haha

Schism
09-01-2010, 09:58 PM
There is a .50 cal on the roof...and in the movie Resident Evil Apocalypse there is a guy(cowboy) on a roof with the same gun. Dont know if its a reference to that movie still thought of it when i saw it and was shootin zombies lol

Lotus
09-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I think there is a Jill Zombie in here also. Find the female zombie with a blue top and black/red skirt. RE3 Jill anyone agree.

MediumMelanin
09-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah, that was real funny, I like the second attacks in most weapons! :)

SpinelesS
09-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Found an easter egg, though it took me a while to notice it.

On Chuck's gear is the team name: IJIEK

which is of course Keiji Inafune's first name spelled backwards :)

StarscreamVII
09-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Has no one but me noticed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre easter egg? When you use the chainsaw alone he spins around the same way Leatherface did in the end of the original TCM. Put a smile on my face

Hammer Man69
09-03-2010, 03:44 AM
I'm glad to see people seeing these Easter eggs, but I got something that isn't much of an Easter Egg, but it's quite... interesting.
For thoes who sat through the Credits, You'll see at the end that Deadrising 2 uses the Havoc engine. You know what other game that uses that engine?
Saint's Row.
Yeah, before I even figured this out I said to my brother so many times that "This is A LOT like Saint's Row, look at how Chuck walks and how he attacks!"

However, Blue Castle Games and CAPCOM didn't have anything (to my knowledge) to do with Saint's Row One or Two so it's probably just a co-incidence that Still Creek and Still Water sound very much alike...
For those who don't know 'Still Water' is the city that both Saint's Rows and 'Still Creek' is the town you play in Deadrising 2: Case 0

oHIGHoBMX
09-03-2010, 05:28 AM
Haven't really noticed any other easter eggs other than the chef's knife but it was good to find the shower head again. Also is it just me or do some of the military zombies look like Soap McTavish?

ReaptheChaos
09-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Has no one but me noticed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre easter egg? When you use the chainsaw alone he spins around the same way Leatherface did in the end of the original TCM. Put a smile on my face

I don’t really think that’s an Easter egg. Frank did the same movement in Dead Rising one. They just used the same game engine for this game.

ReaptheChaos
09-03-2010, 06:11 AM
I always get a laugh at some of these “Easter egg” threads. Not everything is an Easter egg people and they’re usually pretty obvious when you figure them out as well. Some people have a habit of confusing similarities and coincidence for easter eggs.

StarscreamVII
09-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I don’t really think that’s an Easter egg. Frank did the same movement in Dead Rising one. They just used the same game engine for this game.

My apologies for that then. Played DR1 for about two hours and never found the chainsaw. Still put a smile in my face to see that he moves like Leatherface.

kezao95
09-03-2010, 05:46 PM
On the map, hover over still creek cinema and one of the movies is called 'midnight raiders'.Left 4 dead 2 reference i presume...

Lifter Puller
09-03-2010, 06:27 PM
I always get a laugh at some of these “Easter egg” threads. Not everything is an Easter egg people and they’re usually pretty obvious when you figure them out as well. Some people have a habit of confusing similarities and coincidence for easter eggs.

So much THIS. They have a bunch over at the Call of Duty wiki that are just ridiculous.

crunch457
09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
There is a .50 cal on the roof...and in the movie Resident Evil Apocalypse there is a guy(cowboy) on a roof with the same gun. Dont know if its a reference to that movie still thought of it when i saw it and was shootin zombies lol

Defo agree with this why else would a Barrett be up there

BillyBongOn
09-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Perhaps the most obvious one is the 'Serv Bot' heads in Bill's hardware store...!

Brutalsleeper
09-04-2010, 02:49 AM
Defo agree with this why else would a Barrett be up there

Developers have put sniper rifles on the roof for years.In Most old school stlye multiplayer shooters climb on a roof 7/10 times you will find a sniper there.
Could be a Resi reference most likely just coincidence.

crunch457
09-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Supose but then again it is a 50.cal which in this situation is quite weird. The only people who would have it is the millitary yet there's no body or any thing

Brutalsleeper
09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Supose but then again it is a 50.cal which in this situation is quite weird. The only people who would have it is the millitary yet there's no body or any thing

True, but I think that because it just says "Sniper Rifle" it is the only Sniper Rifle design they have in DR2. I guess some sort of hunting rifle would of made more sense but lets be honest not much of the game makes sense anyway.