PDA

View Full Version : Using memory card to xfer to elite question...

quick2k3
04-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Have a launch day premium and now have an Elite. I want to xfer my stuff from the premium to the Elite.

Can I use the 512MB mem card to transfer my saved games, gamer pics, etc to my Elite HDD?

Main reason I am asking this is because when I go into the Memory tab on the System blade and choose Copy for the save game information, it gives me a warning saying something about being the new owner of this game and any achievements can't be unlocked after this action. I definitely DONT want that, heh.

Or should I just put my 20GB HDD on my Elite and wait on them to send the cable?

thanks for any help :)

thecrazyguy
05-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Well i did do this one time using a 64mgb mem card to transfer data from one 20gb drive to another, and it worked fine. Took a little bit of time and patience, but it worked. Dont know about the message your getting tho, i never got that.

If your worried about that message, probably better to be safe and wait for that cable.

Jdm
05-01-2007, 05:19 AM
Well i did do this one time using a 64mgb mem card to transfer data from one 20gb drive to another, and it worked fine. Took a little bit of time and patience, but it worked. Dont know about the message your getting tho, i never got that.

If your worried about that message, probably better to be safe and wait for that cable.

I agree. I would just play it safe and wait for the transfer cable. All I'm going to do is launch the Elite to make sure that everything is fine and dandy. I'll continue to play on my current 360 for the meanwhile.