PDA

View Full Version : People who already have the game..

deadie
09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey guys I need your help I don't care how you got it before release it helps me more what I need to know is this.

-Is the storyline Long/Short
-Is it Enjoyable
-Are the achievements easy?

kall5ter
09-01-2010, 11:39 PM
people already have it? thats not fair.

Paranoyd
09-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Chapter 1 lasted about 50 minutes, it's all i can tell you for now
It's awesome!
About chievos i'd say it's a 6/10 or 7/10. There are a lot of secret chievos and others like "beat 12 levels in hard mode with the highest rank". And I must say that bosses in hard, are hard. >_>!

Numbthumb
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
-Is it Enjoyable

The story really isn't very long, 12 chapters (I'm excluding the first tutorial and the last mission, both of which last 5 minutes) average is about 30 minutes. There's some long ones, longer if you're not sure how to beat a boss but that just bloats the overall time. There's quite a few missions that are at the 20-25 minute mark as well.

Is it enjoyable? Well, that's pretty darn subjective so I'll do my best to just tell you my opinion. The game has moments that are quite fun, and it takes a lot of cues from Batman Arkham Asylum...but it's nowhere near as good.

Levels are build like virtual tunnel systems; you enter a room or area and fight enemies so you can proceed to the next area where you save civilian, then to the next where you fight the boss. Rinse repeat, about 3 times each level. It gets really really repetitive and though the combat is fun you're hardly tested, save for some frustrating boss fights.

But the boss fights are only a matter of pattern recognition, and ultimately most are quite similar.

I think some people may really like this game, but for me its a 6.5/10...or thereabouts. Some of the levels look great, and bosses are neat. But the story is a non-factor, a contrived catalyst to get you to chase bosses and nothing more, there's no depth to that and as a result they fail to deliver on the premise by under utilizing each spidey. Though - the Noir spider is pretty slick and fun to play...think detective Batman.

Achievements aren't hard for the most part. The only difficult ones will be all of the levels super ranked -- at least time consuming.

I'd easily recommend this as a rental to check out, I banged out 31 of 42 cheevos by simply playing the campaign without looking at what they were. That's a pretty good rate.

Hope that helps you some.

deadie
09-02-2010, 01:16 PM
-Is it Enjoyable

The story really isn't very long, 12 chapters (I'm excluding the first tutorial and the last mission, both of which last 5 minutes) average is about 30 minutes. There's some long ones, longer if you're not sure how to beat a boss but that just bloats the overall time. There's quite a few missions that are at the 20-25 minute mark as well.

Is it enjoyable? Well, that's pretty darn subjective so I'll do my best to just tell you my opinion. The game has moments that are quite fun, and it takes a lot of cues from Batman Arkham Asylum...but it's nowhere near as good.

Levels are build like virtual tunnel systems; you enter a room or area and fight enemies so you can proceed to the next area where you save civilian, then to the next where you fight the boss. Rinse repeat, about 3 times each level. It gets really really repetitive and though the combat is fun you're hardly tested, save for some frustrating boss fights.

But the boss fights are only a matter of pattern recognition, and ultimately most are quite similar.

I think some people may really like this game, but for me its a 6.5/10...or thereabouts. Some of the levels look great, and bosses are neat. But the story is a non-factor, a contrived catalyst to get you to chase bosses and nothing more, there's no depth to that and as a result they fail to deliver on the premise by under utilizing each spidey. Though - the Noir spider is pretty slick and fun to play...think detective Batman.

Achievements aren't hard for the most part. The only difficult ones will be all of the levels super ranked -- at least time consuming.

I'd easily recommend this as a rental to check out, I banged out 31 of 42 cheevos by simply playing the campaign without looking at what they were. That's a pretty good rate.

Hope that helps you some.

Thanks for that I will either rent the game If I can find a store in the Uk close enough or Wait untill it comes down in price after hearing this :)

gmorra
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Does this game have a free roam open world like all the other spiderman games or is it level based?

Plym
09-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Does anyone know the UK release date for the game?

maka2030
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
There's no free roam, the game is linear. I think it will be much better with a free roam option.

Painkiller Q8
09-03-2010, 02:49 AM
its very good Super hero game and Spidy fans will love it so freakin much !!

but its not Bat Man AA tho :)

I love it.. 8\10

gmorra
09-03-2010, 11:54 AM
There's no free roam, the game is linear. I think it will be much better with a free roam option.

Thank you for your reply!:drunk

toolieo
09-06-2010, 10:02 AM
is it out in australia yet?

janobi
09-06-2010, 10:16 AM
is it out in australia yet?

Dont think so, released in PAL on 10th I believe.

Bantha Rawk
09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I knew it wasn't going to be as good as Batman AA, but I am still excited for the game... Especially the Noir levels. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Bajan Elite
09-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for that I will either rent the game If I can find a store in the Uk close enough or Wait untill it comes down in price after hearing this :)

Wow so one person's view on the game was enough to make you not want to buy the game. What's so special about his opinion(no offense), wait to see others first before you make a decision. Game Informer gave it an 8.5, so far its looking up, once again wait until more reviews come out.

Also why are people comparing this to Arkham Asylum?

montana97
09-07-2010, 10:20 PM
how come us aussies have to wait till the end of the month for this game

13ip0lar
09-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Wow so one person's view on the game was enough to make you not want to buy the game. What's so special about his opinion(no offense), wait to see others first before you make a decision. Game Informer gave it an 8.5, so far its looking up, once again wait until more reviews come out.

In fairness IGN hasn't rated a game under an 8 in I can't remember how long. Fact is no one really rates games hard cause I'm sure they are scared they will get snuffed by developers in the future if they just tear apart a shitty game. It's left for the consumer to read between the lines. With that said...

How is the game?! Mine just shipped out...I got it from amazon for the art book. I spent the extra 10$ for 1 day shipping...

September 7, 2010 11:57:59 AM Seattle WA US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit.

So I may get it tomorrow however they told me I would receive it on the 9th. Either way I'm stoked. I can't wait. Juicy details please! no spoilers >.<!

Bajan Elite
09-08-2010, 03:48 AM
In fairness IGN hasn't rated a game under an 8 in I can't remember how long. Fact is no one really rates games hard cause I'm sure they are scared they will get snuffed by developers in the future if they just tear apart a shitty game. It's left for the consumer to read between the lines. With that said...

How is the game?! Mine just shipped out...I got it from amazon for the art book. I spent the extra 10$ for 1 day shipping...

September 7, 2010 11:57:59 AM Seattle WA US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit.

So I may get it tomorrow however they told me I would receive it on the 9th. Either way I'm stoked. I can't wait. Juicy details please! no spoilers >.<!

Really? Ign gave Kane and Lynch 2 a 7. and Mafia 2 got scored in the 7s as well. G4 gave Metroid a 2 out of 5. Ign also gave clash of the titans a 4 or sumthing so games still do get rated hard. Anyway they gave it an 8, the last spider-man game(web of shadows) got a 5.5

13ip0lar
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Really? Ign gave Kane and Lynch 2 a 7. and Mafia 2 got scored in the 7s as well. G4 gave Metroid a 2 out of 5. Ign also gave clash of the titans a 4 or sumthing so games still do get rated hard. Anyway they gave it an 8, the last spider-man game(web of shadows) got a 5.5

It was an exaggeration for emphasis but you get the point...or maybe not lol.

Madfrog0
09-08-2010, 07:27 PM
its alright, pretty fun for a bit.

13ip0lar
09-08-2010, 07:46 PM
its alright, pretty fun for a bit.
September 8,2010 04:37:00 AM Pacific WA US Out for delivery

So hopefully I'll get it today, I'm curious as to how "decent" the art book is. I'm not expecting much, but I hope it's not a paper pamphlet. I'm kinda hoping it's similar to the small one that came with Gears of War collectors edition. Even though I'm not a fan of the game I picked up the CE for $10 off eBay a few months back and kept the tin/art book and sold the game+dvd xD

Anyways usually I like games to be around the 40hr+ mark so I feel I get my moneys worth, but starting school in 2 weeks, and having a research paper I should have already started on, I'll be happy with an overall good experience. The voice cast alone has me stoked. I can't wait...>_<!

daishichi
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I picked up my Gamestop pre-order last night and got in about 2 hours of play (including a look through the bios, art, etc). The first level, Kraven in Amazing, took me more than an hour; that's with a lot of checking everywhere for emblems and spiders, focusing on some of the mini-challenges, and a LOT of restarts on the boss fights while figuring out what I needed to do (started on Hard).

So far, I pretty much agree completely with IGN's 8/10. The visuals and voices are great, the Web of Destiny challenges add some variety to the combat, and I'm on track to get at least 20 hours of fun out of this game with some level replays. Issues are as IGN named them: camera is lousy at times (zipping to pillars in Kraven fight left me clueless), and the "Punch-Out" style 1st person fights are a silly distraction. Overall, I'm a happy Spidey fan.

13ip0lar
09-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I picked up my Gamestop pre-order last night and got in about 2 hours of play (including a look through the bios, art, etc). The first level, Kraven in Amazing, took me more than an hour; that's with a lot of checking everywhere for emblems and spiders, focusing on some of the mini-challenges, and a LOT of restarts on the boss fights while figuring out what I needed to do (started on Hard).

So far, I pretty much agree completely with IGN's 8/10. The visuals and voices are great, the Web of Destiny challenges add some variety to the combat, and I'm on track to get at least 20 hours of fun out of this game with some level replays. Issues are as IGN named them: camera is lousy at times (zipping to pillars in Kraven fight left me clueless), and the "Punch-Out" style 1st person fights are a silly distraction. Overall, I'm a happy Spidey fan.

Good stuff I just got my copy right now. As I hoped the Concept art book wasn't dinky at all. It rocks, much similar to that in the Gears of War Collectors edition, a bit bigger though. I'm very happy with my choice to go with amazon <3

Kevin Craze
09-09-2010, 01:43 AM
The story is about about 12-14 levels. You do 3 levels with each type of Spider-Man, but 4 with Amazing Spider-Man. I'm not sure about length but I'd say it's about average.

The game is VERY enjoyable and I believe it's the best Spider-Man game yet. It's got a good sense of humor, pretty cool moves, a very nice upgrade system and Web of Destiny (a bunch of challenges that go to each level which unlock upgrades and then you buy them). It's cool to see the different types of art too, as Amazing Spider-Man and Symbiote Spider-Man are comic-looking designed, but 3D and Noir and 2099 are normal game graphics. The only thing is wall crawling. That could've been better, but it's a good game.

The achievements are a 6/10 to 8/10 (the 100 hit combo and 200 hit combo achievie make it a 8/10 max for me personally). Don't worry about the secret achievements, you can't really miss. They're not horrible chievoes at all. Hope this helps, it's DEF. worth a buy.

Midnight Malice
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Well that just says something about reviews, and personal preference and opinion. I'm about 1/2 way through this one, and I liked web of shadows as an overall experience more. This game is in no way bad compared to that, it is just different.

I could give it a long drawn out review, but the jist of it is, the wallcrawling/camera/control is horrible, just like most spidey games have been, there are random checkpoint restarting glitches that make no sence... i was running in place once with enemies trying to hit me, and had to restart, i grabbed a guy and got stuck, had to restart, got stuck in a room where the door didnt open, had to restart... 6-7 times glitches like this have happened. The combat is very simplistic, and you will pretty much find one good combo and spam it, the boss fights are somewhat fun, but once u learn the pattern, no challenge. It is the standard get points, buy better moves character progression we all have seen. But in all my negativity, it is actually a really enjoyable game. I haven't laughed this hard at a game in a while, they nailed Spider-Man's humor better than anything i have seen before. 7/10 for the fun and deep (if you want it to be) combat, and mostly for the change of pace Noir levels thrown in... that is a lot of fun. But do yourself a faver, dont buy it... ull play it once than sell it. IDK what kinds of other games the guy above me considers must buy, but his shelf must be stacked with mediocre 1 playthrough games, cause this is a rental at best.

Edit: i missed a post, the first person view "punch out" style in that fight was actually one of the more enjoyable things in that first Kraven fight, i thought it was a nice change of pace for the standard boss battle. And they called it a silly distraction? really... they must have had the volume turned down, cause the whole game is "silly" wait til u get to Deadpool ;) oh, and u dont need to use the pillars to beat Kraven, in fact, that way is slower.

Darkjay7991
09-10-2010, 03:21 AM

They are compaing it to Arkham Asylum because besides few exceptions (like the Batman and Robin game for sega and others) Batman games have usually been bad and they just have bad reputation, but Arkham Asylum changed this trend. Not only was it a good batman game but it was just a great/amazing game overall. So anyways after Spiderman 2, the web heads games haven't been too hot ethier. So spiderman needs his "Arkham Asylum". Arkham Asylum apprently set standard on what and how good a Comic Book game should be.