PDA

View Full Version : Storing clothing for using in Dead Rising 2

Thorpe
09-02-2010, 04:17 AM
So I know clothing, PP and combo cards are going to carry over to Dead Rising 2. How exactly do I know any clothing I have found is going to get carried over? Is simply finding and wearing something enough or do I need to head back to the garage and change clothes for it to successfully register/store? :confused:

SpinelesS
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I think its only carries over what your wearing at the time, just like it carries over from game to game.

I could be wrong though...

Quickdraw
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
i would go with what your wearing as well., only other thing i could think of is if you import a c-0 charc you get all the clothes items you could get somewhere in the safe room.

magikman79
09-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I was hoping for something more

Connor92
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm guessing it's clothes you're wearing, but I hope it allows any clothes that could be obtained to appear in the Safe Room. If not, it's kinda pointless considering you'll be trying on all sorts of clothes in Dead Rising 2, making you lose the Case Zero clothes.

Only other guess is that the clothes you wear in Case Zero become your default for Dead Rising 2 (i.e. whenever you go the locker in the Safe Room, the clothes you put on will be your Case Zero attire).

Thorpe
09-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Ah, that shucks a bit. I'm not too familiar with the way Dead Rising works. Just thought it would be something like having a wardrobe back at a safe place, where you can pick and wear any outfit you've discovered in Case Zero and Dead Rising 2.

Connor92
09-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Ah, that shucks a bit. I'm not too familiar with the way Dead Rising works. Just thought it would be something like having a wardrobe back at a safe place, where you can pick and wear any outfit you've discovered in Case Zero and Dead Rising 2.
It's possible. They had that with the original Dead Rising in the form of free DLC, so maybe they'll do something like that for owners of Case Zero.

tweak4ever
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Doesn't it transfer money too?

Connor92
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
I really hope so. I've got $300,000 currently on my Chuck, and if none of that transfers then I won't be happy.

Thorpe
09-02-2010, 02:08 PM
These things will be transferred:

PP (capped to Level 5)
Clothing
Combo cards

That is according to the description on Marketplace. Would be good to have money transferred but I think most likely it will only be those three things.

tweak4ever
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
I really hope so. I've got $300,000 currently on my Chuck, and if none of that transfers then I won't be happy.

story wise it would make sense that it would transfer, but if t doesnt, it doesnt, I sure hope it does though

Quickdraw
09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
might make getting katey's zombrex easier :O, he wouldn't need to be on that gameshow if he had loads of dosh to begin with!.

id love money to transfer, but might make it a bit easier on the starter levels, since there's gotta be somewhere to buy zombrex surely, for loads of dosh this making it a hell of a lot easier.

guess storywise any money you obtained you already used getting zombrex to keep kateys condition under wraps.

i can understand if they don't allow money, but would be great if they did.

ThePumpkinKing
09-02-2010, 04:53 PM
they won't. that'd make it way too easy.

SpinelesS
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Get a taste of what Dead Rising 2 has to offer in this full-featured prologue! Chuck Greene and his daughter Katey have barely escaped the Las Vegas zombie outbreak with their lives. They arrive in the lonely desert town of Still Creek looking for some rest, but unfortunately there is no rest to be had as this sleepy town has become overrun with zombies. Chuck must kill zombies, rescue survivors and escape from the zombie nightmare that is Still Creek before time runs out. Any PP, clothing, and Combo Cards gained in CASE ZERO will carry over into your Dead Rising 2 game! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see

I like that Any PP :)

Now that I think about clothing, at the end of the A ending you put on your yellow racing jacket that you see in alot of the DR2 pics. So maybe there is some form of clothes storage, though I havent seen a single piece of clothing that I dont think you will be able to find somewhere in vegas...

MediumMelanin
09-03-2010, 02:52 AM
^^^Oh, yeah, he puts on that jacket! Lol, I was wearing that skirt with bowling shoes and white hat! :) I think it's pretty pointless to transfer clothes...unless there is a closet like Mafia II, that'll be nice. If not, then I'm sure the clothes will be available in Dead Rising 2.

optics
09-03-2010, 05:11 AM
PP (capped to Level 5)

So, does this mean, I shouldn't even bother trying get any more PP since I'm already capped? So no matter how much PP I have, even if it is enough to hit around Level 30 in DR2, I'll still be Level 5 when I start? I guess that would make sense if they don't want you to be over powered at the get go. Kind of like ME1->ME2.

Quickdraw
09-03-2010, 10:24 AM
So, does this mean, I shouldn't even bother trying get any more PP since I'm already capped? So no matter how much PP I have, even if it is enough to hit around Level 30 in DR2, I'll still be Level 5 when I start? I guess that would make sense if they don't want you to be over powered at the get go. Kind of like ME1->ME2.

from my understanding you import your charc at level 5 any lost pp after that isn't transferred across

Thorpe
09-03-2010, 12:46 PM

I think so. It said something about you can only level up to 5 in Case Zero but I'm not sure if this will automatically carry over further PP and adjust it to the correct level for Dead Rising 2.

Justinsane66
09-03-2010, 12:48 PM
All the clothes in case zero are pretty lame anyway. The black cowboy had and chucks regular attire look the best.

Connor92
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
I just wore the Bowling Shirt and Shoes. They look the most normal on him.

ReaptheChaos
09-03-2010, 01:14 PM
All the clothes in case zero are pretty lame anyway. The black cowboy had and chucks regular attire look the best.

I dunno, I thought he looked pretty fab in the waitress uniform.

Seeing as this looks like the exact same game engine as Dead Rising one, you cant store any clothes. In DR 1 you could try on all kinds of clothing, but the only thing you could store were the items/outfits that you got as reward by doing various things in the game, and they were stored in the safe room.