PDA

View Full Version : NHL Play offs.

XxJU571NxX
05-01-2007, 02:53 AM
Wonder who the Senators are versing.
http://www.skate2stick.com/pics/playoffbracket.png

Mothershed_52
05-01-2007, 03:03 AM
Remember the Ducks lead the series 2 - 1. So the owning is being done by the ducks. :) The NHL thread a couple of threads down has been covering the playoffs alittle bit. Though you are seriously crazy thinking the Ducks are getting owned by someone?

Another thing...your playoff grid, matchups is alittle confusing.

Fonkey Monkey
05-01-2007, 03:08 AM
the playoffs started? i thought the season was just starting:eek:

XxJU571NxX
05-01-2007, 03:14 AM
Only reason ducks winning cuase Naslund can't get his head straight when he does we'll make a come back.

Mothershed_52
05-01-2007, 03:14 AM
the playoffs started? i thought the season was just starting:eek:

Ha. Yea They are midway through the 2nd round of the playoffs.

XxJU571NxX
05-03-2007, 02:38 AM
If Canucks lose one more game thier out!!! I have so much money riding on this round! Crap!!!

Mothershed_52
05-03-2007, 05:51 AM
If Canucks lose one more game thier out!!! I have so much money riding on this round! Crap!!!

Yea umm. That was your first mistake...betting...then the second was betting against the Ducks. :(

YerpY
05-03-2007, 05:59 AM
omg buffalo better win... idk what has happened to them... 4-0 verse rangers in regular season and now 2-2 in playoffs they are slacking and i am not liking it

Hoof Hearted25
05-03-2007, 05:08 PM
im mad that the devils are down 3-1 but buffalo got ripped off because everybody knows it was a goal

Dirty Dee KC
05-03-2007, 05:21 PM
i was so stoked the red wings on in OT last night. i watched the game through and through... i think western wise the wings will take it and eastern wise the sabres will take it.

XxJU571NxX
05-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Well at least if the Canucks lose tonight I'll still have my diginity and my hate for the ducks.

Worm99
05-03-2007, 10:49 PM
i was so stoked the red wings on in OT last night. i watched the game through and through... i think western wise the wings will take it and eastern wise the sabres will take it.
Wings and the Sabers huh I'll put my money on the sabers to pull it out in a game 7.......I can't really say much my Av's didn't even make it in :(

XxJU571NxX
05-04-2007, 01:37 AM
Yeah Sabers are probably gonna win this round but for the cup it self I gotta go with Ontario.

Mothershed_52
05-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Hmm. May 9th is the game 7 for the Sharks - Wings series if it goes all the way. The Ducks will have to wait almost a week, before the conference finals. I don't think it will effect them all that much. Good game today, I mean when you out shoot someone 60+ to 20+ I would think you should win.

XxJU571NxX
05-04-2007, 05:39 AM
Ducks just elimnates the Canucks and I just lost 250 bucks. DAMN!

Mr Arrow
05-04-2007, 02:18 PM

No way Detroit beats both the Sharks and The Ducks.

Detroit is a class team with a great history but, if they beat the Sharks they will face a rested Ducks team that will crush them.

XxJU571NxX
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
I agree Mr Arrow.

SkilledJR
05-05-2007, 01:35 AM
GO Detroit GO!!!!!!! I sure hope we bring San Jose to thier Fins in Game 5 and take the lead in this series.

But the Ducks scare me more than the Sharks and we have to beat BOTH if we wanna be Western Conference Champions.

http://www.detroitredwings.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/IBICBDAKOBJF/Wave2w.jpg

L3giOn
05-05-2007, 01:58 AM
The Sabres just won in overtime!! :woop: They scored in the last 8 seconds of the third period to tie it up too. :)

Vergil85
05-05-2007, 08:02 PM
So far in this round only the Sabres/Rangers series is interesting. Luongo is both the hero and the goat in the Ducks/Nucks series for those who watched. I'm still banking on a Ducks/Sens cup final so here is to that and a cool 200$ :woop:

Seeing my Preds get bounced so easily in the first round hurts like hell, especially since games 1 and 2 were intense while 3-4-5 sucked. We changed from Peter Forsberg/Alexander Radulov fueled into post trade deadline form.

Walcherina
05-05-2007, 08:27 PM
I love watching playoff hockey, all the teams play with such intensity that lacks during the regular season. Too bad my Wild couldn't get farther.

XxJU571NxX
05-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Looks Ontario going to semi's.

I King Pin 0
05-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Come on Aneheim!!! All the way you have to beat Detroit!!!! I usually am for the Blues because im from St. Louis and am used to seeing them in the playoffs because they at least made it for 20+ years in a row before the lockout, but now they are terrible. (But I still hate Detroit!!!)

JigSaw
05-06-2007, 01:40 AM
I believe the Sabres will go the distance, their young and talented players are greatly guided by their Vets such as Chris Drury. However i would like to see the Red Wings snatch the Cup simply because, lets face it, Hasek would be aorund much longer. So i would love to see him leave in a blaze of glory as one of the league's best all-time goalies.

Vergil85
05-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Come on Aneheim!!! All the way you have to beat Detroit!!!! I usually am for the Blues because im from St. Louis and am used to seeing them in the playoffs because they at least made it for 20+ years in a row before the lockout, but now they are terrible. (But I still hate Detroit!!!)

The Blues are a different team now that they have Andy Murray as coach. I wouldn't be too surprised if they challenge for a 8th seed next season, but getting tops in the central will be hard since both my Preds and the Wings had over 100 points.

BucklingLeader
05-06-2007, 02:58 AM
Ducks FTW! Anaheim fan 4 life right here:p:Bounce::woop::uzi:

and you guys should note that i hate the red wings...ALOT:p

and if we should have to face the red wings, we will deal with them swiftly and move one step closer to our first stanley cup

PerpetualHeaven
05-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah my two favourite teams are doing awesome. Ottawa and Detroit.. good job boys. *cries*

XxJU571NxX
05-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Yeah those two teams are doing a little too well if you ask me (Conspricacy Alert).

XxJU571NxX
05-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Conference Finals Baby this should be interesting.

excessum01
05-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Both series going to game 7 with Detroit and Buffalo winning.

Then Detroit will win the Cup....becuase they're Detroit.....and they are THE hockey gods.

Mothershed_52
05-08-2007, 08:24 AM

Then Detroit will win the Cup....becuase they're Detroit.....and they are THE hockey gods.

Ha. Ha. Seriously, How did you come up with that? Buffalo series could go 7, though I have the Sabres winning. The Ducks will dominate the Wings, and beat them in 5. Ducks over the Sabres. I guess no one will believe me until it happens.

pizzleonfire
05-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Ha. Ha. Seriously, How did you come up with that? Buffalo series could go 7, though I have the Sabres winning. The Ducks will dominate the Wings, and beat them in 5. Ducks over the Sabres. I guess no one will believe me until it happens.
I'm with ya man! lol I have faith, I really do hope the Ducks dominate and win the cup. I've been with them since the beginning.

Mr Arrow
05-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Congratulations to the Redwings.

They showed why they are one of the true hockey class teams. They were underdogs against the Sharks and began the series looking like it.

But like all class teams they played hard and never gave up. They ended the series dominating the Sharks and looking like the second best team in the NHL. Good job.

And what a difference between them and Nashville. If you recall it was Nashville who had 3 players ejected from the series for cheap, dirty hits (1 suspended for a game) and were given 2 minor penalties for diving!

XxJU571NxX
05-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Yeah when the Red wings made that come back I Was like "oh hell no!" I was surprised hugely.

Frakus
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
I am excited for the next round to start and I believe the Red Wings will give the Ducks a greater challenge them most think. I believe all the ESPN analyst picked the Ducks in 5 or 6 games.

Mr Arrow
05-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I am excited for the next round to start and I believe the Red Wings will give the Ducks a greater challenge them most think. I believe all the ESPN analyst picked the Ducks in 5 or 6 games.

Those same analysts also picked the Sharks!

I hope the Redwings beat the Ducks, it would make life worth living right now. :(

Mothershed_52
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM

Some of the analysts picked the Red Wings in 7. Don't see it happening though.

Those same analysts also picked the Sharks!

I hope the Redwings beat the Ducks, it would make life worth living right now. :(

You could at least look at that a team from the Pacific Division won. Cheer for the Ducks. :woop:

XxJU571NxX
05-10-2007, 04:37 AM
You know a team that did well before the Ducks Massacered them was the Canucks (I'm A Huge FANBOY). Any body agree?

Mr Arrow
05-10-2007, 02:43 PM
You could at least look at that a team from the Pacific Division won. Cheer for the Ducks. :woop:

You're kidding right???

Ever heard of a rivalry...do you expect Yankees fan's to support the Red Sox because they're in the same division!

I think not.

If you're going to get beaten, isn't it best if it's done by the team that wins it all! Go Wings!

Zombfied EyE
05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
I say Wings in six Senators in 6 and Wings in 7 for the cup.

Mothershed_52
05-10-2007, 04:39 PM
You're kidding right???

Ever heard of a rivalry...do you expect Yankees fan's to support the Red Sox because they're in the same division!

I think not.

If you're going to get beaten, isn't it best if it's done by the team that wins it all! Go Wings!

Well I tried. Ahh, the Ducks and Sharks rivalry isn't anything compared to the Yankees - Red Sox. Now if it were Dallas or LA, it would be another story but see I have some kindness in my heart for SJ.

Well, that could be the case if the best team did beat you..but they didn't though they were in the same division..:)

DeW222
05-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Senators are going back home after winning both games in Buffalo. If they win the third game, then the stats are heavily in their favor. I think there's only been three or four times in fairly recent playoff history where a team has come back from a 3 - 0 deficit to win the series in the Semi-finals or Championship series (Oilers vs. Detroit is excluded from this as it was the first round).

I don't know why so many people think Anaheim is just going to dominate in 5 games. It isn't going to happen. I'm a Calgary Flames fan and have been watching detroit for two entire series now. You can say Hasek is overated, their defense is too old, their play isn't physical enough, and you'd be right. But they have one factor you can't measure working for them: last season they were humiliated horribly.

They were not only the President's Trophy winners, they were predicted by half of the hockey world to win the stanley cup due to their stacked talent and experience. However, Detroit lost the all important games 3 and 5 against Edmonton in the first round, and they wound up exciting the playoffs after 6. There is NOTHING more humiliating than that - trust me, I just went through the exact same experience this year in lacrosse.

Humiliation is one hell of a driving force, and the want of something is the greatest asset a team can have. Even if the Wings are bested by Anaheim, don't expect them to go down lightly.

Mothershed_52
05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Detriot are exactly like the Yankee's in baseball, all the money in the world, the best players and nothing to show for it. The series is tied 1-1 but both games were controlled by the Ducks. Hasek isn't overrated, he is good. Though the first game, both of the wings goals were knocked in by Ducks defenseman. I think the ducks are in control, and will finish this series shortly. Oh yea, the Ducks were humiliated last year as well losing in 5 games against the Oilers, and they want it just as bad. The one thing they got working for them is that they are the best team remaining.

DeW222
05-15-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't see how Detroit is like the Yankee's in baseball, because Hockey has a firm salary cap. Every team in the NHL is reaching that cap and can't go over it (not through direct pay anyways...) The Yankees can go over it, but just get a slap on the wrist. They used to be like the yankees.

And yes, the Ducks should have won both games, but that doesn't mean anything at this point. I still hear my own Flames brethren say "Calgary should have won the stanley cup, but the refs took away that goal in Game 6" or "Calgary actually did win the cup, it just hasn't been announced yet" and it doesn't mean anything. Point is that they lost the last two games and haven't won a cup since 88'-89', and that you win a playoff hockey game by getting goals however you can (not by playing dirty, mind you *cough* Carolina *cough*, but just do whatever it takes to get the puck in the net).

Worm99
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Amen a goal is a goal weather it is ugly or not

XxJU571NxX
05-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Yeah but I wish Detriot would start trying a little more instead of just acting bored and tired.

nawtbird
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
I am a Rangers fan...so of course i am against anything buffalo sabres(and i live about 1 hour frmo buffalo). Naturally everyone has the sabres craze. they counted there chickens before they hatched and I LOVE it.

At no point did i think that the sabres were going to win the cup. they had a decent record but not the best(look at wins NOT from overtime). Ducks & Red Wings had less losses, Red Wings had the same point total(but 3 less wins).

What skews the current standings is the overtime wins.

Ottawa will win the cup as they are the hottest team left in the playoffs(with the ducks very very close)

DeW222
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Although this is off topic... Nawtbird kind of hit on my hot button. I hate how some teams are aiming to simply take as many games as they can into overtime to get the one point or load up on three good shootout players to get the win (see: Minnesota). All they're doing is hurting themselves because when they get to the playoffs everything is for keeps and there are no shootouts.

Mr Arrow
05-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah but I wish Detriot would start trying a little more instead of just acting bored and tired.

I think they're actually OLD and tired. I do hope they can turn it around though.

nawtbird
05-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Although this is off topic... Nawtbird kind of hit on my hot button. I hate how some teams are aiming to simply take as many games as they can into overtime to get the one point or load up on three good shootout players to get the win (see: Minnesota). All they're doing is hurting themselves because when they get to the playoffs everything is for keeps and there are no shootouts.

I like seeing a winner/losser but it should be that the teams either Split points 1/1 and that is it(NO "3rd" point for winner) or Winner in Ot gets 2 loser gets 0

nawtbird
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I think they're actually OLD and tired. I do hope they can turn it around though.

They didn't look OLD and tired last night...

Mr Arrow
05-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Yes, the Wings have a lot of heart...hope they go all the way.

Frakus
05-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Wings were very impressive last night, was very excited to see them play with such speed and passion. But I know the ducks will be coming out full force on thrusday, man was that hit on Homlstrom wicked last night.

nawtbird
05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Wings were very impressive last night, was very excited to see them play with such speed and passion. But I know the ducks will be coming out full force on thrusday, man was that hit on Homlstrom wicked last night.

of course. Ducks are a very good team as well...last night was there 1 bad game...too many mistakes

BlaZiN cdn
05-16-2007, 08:09 PM
only 5 hours and 50 minutes until the sabres are out of the payoffs:woop: :woop:

DeW222
05-16-2007, 08:44 PM
How is the fanfare in Ottawa BlaZiN? I remember when the Flames were in the finals my friend back in Calgary sent me pics of the red-mile in downtown where dozens of thousands of people in flames jerseys were all gathered together. It was pretty amazing to see. Has anything like that been going on in Ottawa?

XxJU571NxX
05-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Don't be so sure Sabers might make a come back ;).

nawtbird
05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Sabres will not make a comeback. They may have won game 4 but who would have thought that they Sens would sweep Buffalo. I called 5 games before the series started, but I thought they would split games 1 and 2

PerpetualHeaven
05-18-2007, 08:36 PM
The sens will prevail. It's almost impossible to come back from a 3-1. We'll see if it happens. As for my other favourite team, the red wings, can't believe they lost even when pronger was suspended. They didn't take advantage of that. It's a shame. Hasek played like crap and Giguere was shut down.

XxJU571NxX
05-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Well you know the thier fires burning out and thier looking worse and worse as time has gone by.

xVanished
05-19-2007, 06:39 PM

Wow.. no.. No team should be classified 'Hockey Gods'

Maybe Team Canada, that's all. Deffinately not Detriot.

nawtbird
05-19-2007, 08:54 PM
WOOOOHOOOOO buffalo gone

buffalo considers this a bigger let down this team not winning the cup to when the bills lost 4 suber bowls in a row

PerpetualHeaven
05-20-2007, 03:17 PM
*dance* sens sens sens. Gotta love my sens.

BlaZiN cdn
05-20-2007, 05:08 PM
ALFIE! ALFIE! ALFIE! Just 4 more games to go then the sens will win the cup!

'Bout time they have a chance to win a cup, last time they one the Stanley Cup was in 1927. The western teams should just quit now and save themselves the embarrassment of getting pwned by the sens:p

Bas #36
05-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I was very happy the Sens won the 5th game and have some rest to get ready for the Cup and last for needed games. Now just hoping that the Western teams need 7 games. I would prefer Detroit though. think that the Sens have a better shot against them. I am scared off the Ducks (not as Mighty anymore ;-) love that name change) Pronger, Niedermayer's and so on good defensive team. Well we will see, Lets go SENS!!! ;-)

Mothershed_52
05-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Hmm. Sorry for all you Detriot fans. 4 Wins away from drinking from the cup. 4 wins away from the players name being engraved in history forever. I am behind the Ducks and hope Teemu along with the rest of this anaheim team can win. Though I know Ottawa is here for a reason, I strongly believe the Western conference is the more dominant conference and Ottawa will be rusty and that's all the Ducks will need to pull out a series win. Ducks in 5.

XxJU571NxX
05-26-2007, 05:05 AM
No way man the Sens will obbliterate the ducks more this post later but Gameheads on so I'll be back.

Mr Arrow
05-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Hmm. Sorry for all you Detriot fans. 4 Wins away from drinking from the cup. 4 wins away from the players name being engraved in history forever. I am behind the Ducks and hope Teemu along with the rest of this anaheim team can win. Though I know Ottawa is here for a reason, I strongly believe the Western conference is the more dominant conference and Ottawa will be rusty and that's all the Ducks will need to pull out a series win. Ducks in 5.

As much as I lothe Teemu and the Ducks, I have to agree. As a Sharks fan I really don't want to have to deal with the fact that they ARE a better team than us!:mad:

Mothershed_52
05-31-2007, 06:28 AM
ALFIE! ALFIE! ALFIE! Just 4 more games to go then the sens will win the cup!

'Bout time they have a chance to win a cup, last time they one the Stanley Cup was in 1927. The western teams should just quit now and save themselves the embarrassment of getting pwned by the sens:p

Seriously, the Western teams are completely out of this world more dominant than the Eastern. Way more elite teams...

Hmmmm...Maybe Ottawa should have a fan appreciation night and let them play, might actually do something because the Sen aren't.

Ducks lead series 2-0, teams that open at home and take both games have won the cup 29 out of 30 times....

2 Wins away from drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup, game 3 in Ottawa on Saturday. GO Ducks!!

x McGrim x
06-03-2007, 05:21 AM
I really hope that the Senators win, especially since they're Canadian!

DeW222
06-03-2007, 06:36 AM
I hope Pronger is suspended for that cheap shot. I don't care if he's six-foot-fifteen and 300 pounds, a "physical" player, or anything else. None of that is an excuse for sticking out your elbow at someone's head. If you want to play the man, then play the man, it's not that hard to do.

x McGrim x
06-03-2007, 04:19 PM
I hope Pronger is suspended for that cheap shot. I don't care if he's six-foot-fifteen and 300 pounds, a "physical" player, or anything else. None of that is an excuse for sticking out your elbow at someone's head. If you want to play the man, then play the man, it's not that hard to do.
I agree. That's another reason for me not wanting the ducks to win. :D

DeW222
06-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, it's official. Pronger has been suspended for game 4. I wonder if there's some kind of special club for getting 2 suspensions in one playoff season (The Mob Squad?).

On the other hand, it shouldn't affect the game too much. Anaheim beat Detroit the last time Pronger was out. I'm just glad that the NHL is taking a hard stance on such 'bellow the belt' behavior.

Mothershed_52
06-05-2007, 03:30 AM
Pronger should have not been suspended. I mean come on he is 6'6 and hit a dude that was 5'11 in the head, anyone any taller and that would have been a check into the shoulder. The guy had previous concussion issues and thats why he got suspended because he didn't get directly back up. you have to play physical and you shouldn't have to change your play because your huge and your opponent isn't. I don't see Shaq or some other guy 7-8 footer not laying off a dunk if he is mismatched against a point guard or some dude a foot smaller. geesh the Detriot hit yea, but this was a lame call. glad it didn't effect the outcome of the game.

The flops the two sens did in the 1st period were worse than what pronger did. Cause Neil and Emery are cheap and luckily got the calls that lead to their short lived 1 goal lead. Then the crap alfreddsson did, the CAPTAIN of the team. wow. what an idiot. Taking a slapshot at the end of the period aiming at the other teams captain and hitting him in the leg. that was worse than any of it, because you are clearly purposefully trying to injure someone, prongers was an accident. Though it doesn't matter, Ducks won 3-2. Lead the Series 3-1 and will clench in the series and hoist lord stanley's cup in Anaheim on Wednesday.

DeW222
06-05-2007, 05:39 AM
I don't see Shaq or some other guy 7-8 footer not laying off a dunk if he is mismatched against a point guard or some dude a foot smaller.

I've never seen Shaq dunk and come down on someone, giving them a concussion. I've never seen Yao put an elbow in Nash's face, knocking him out. Like I said Mothershed, I endorse physical play, I think fighting should stay in the game, but he stuck his elbow OUT at his HEAD. They would hardly have collided had Pronger not stuck his elbow out for that matter. He practically close-lined the guy. From someone who plays hockey and lacrosse, it's just as easy to do that as play their shoulder, waist, upper body. If nothing else, it was a lack of discipline from Pronger, just like most penalties players receive, and in this case that lack of discipline was a case of head-hunting and punished by an NHL commissioner who is trying to crack down on a law suit waiting to happen. (http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20070604_204250_3164)

Mothershed_52
06-05-2007, 10:41 PM
I endorse physical play, I think fighting should stay in the game, but he stuck his elbow OUT at his HEAD. They would hardly have collided had Pronger not stuck his elbow out for that matter. He practically close-lined the guy.

I seriously understand where you are coming from. I know he stuck out his elbow, it's there, it's clearly visible from the tape. What I am saying though is that I don't think he intentionally meant to knock him up side the head and result him missing a game because of an concussion. I think that because Pronger has said he isn't going to change the way he plays and he is an Intimidator. He went to give the guy a hard bump to throw him off, not to hurt him. If the guy is 6'2 or 6'3 the average height it's a shot to the shoulder or side of his arm and common play in the NHL, but because he is 5"10 - 5'11 he is a lot smaller than 6'6 Pronger meaning instead of hitting a shoulder or arm, it's bang right into the head. Then he gets suspended because the guy got the concussion. I mean if he clearly went to hurt him, that's one thing but you can't tell. So that's why I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Though Alfreddsson needs a suspension, because that was both clearly dirty and cheap to take a slap shot at another player only 20-30 feet away from you. It's clear because he altered his motion in midshot and changed aim from just clearing the puck to hitting Neidemeyer.

CoolioDude
06-06-2007, 02:25 AM
I want the Senators to win purely because the last cup they won was 80 years ago. But... Anaheim never won a cup, but was 1 game away in 2003. But the Anaheim Ducks came into the league in 1993, so their still new. But still, 80 years! even though their down 3-1, I just hope that the Senators will somehow make a comeback.

P.S.- I know this is late, but what's funny to me is how SOOOO many people thought Detroit was going to make it. I just had a feeling they werent going to make it, and my inner feeling is always right. =P

DeW222
06-06-2007, 06:23 AM
I seriously understand where you are coming from. I know he stuck out his elbow, it's there, it's clearly visible from the tape. What I am saying though is that I don't think he intentionally meant to knock him up side the head and result him missing a game because of an concussion. I think that because Pronger has said he isn't going to change the way he plays and he is an Intimidator. He went to give the guy a hard bump to throw him off, not to hurt him. If the guy is 6'2 or 6'3 the average height it's a shot to the shoulder or side of his arm and common play in the NHL, but because he is 5"10 - 5'11 he is a lot smaller than 6'6 Pronger meaning instead of hitting a shoulder or arm, it's bang right into the head. Then he gets suspended because the guy got the concussion. I mean if he clearly went to hurt him, that's one thing but you can't tell. So that's why I am giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Though Alfreddsson needs a suspension, because that was both clearly dirty and cheap to take a slap shot at another player only 20-30 feet away from you. It's clear because he altered his motion in midshot and changed aim from just clearing the puck to hitting Neidemeyer.

Yea, teams always need intimidators too. I guess what Pronger did was a good move from his standpoint in any case. The only problem with enforcers is that they're bound to get penalties/suspensions/etc. It's the price they have to pay to be in demand.

I actually didn't see the Alfredson incident live, but saw it later online. Definetly wasn't something I'd expect from a veteran and leader for the Sens.

CoolioDude
06-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Ducks win the series 4-1, game 5 6-2. Good season, can't wait for next year.

How could you lose, Senators?

Mothershed_52
06-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Anaheim Ducks 2007 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Can they get some love now? I mean seriously...I've only been saying since the second post on this thread they would win but only 3-4 other people believed me. Also, Teemu a storybook ending for one hell of a career. If he does decide to retire..Thanks for the 14 years.

CoolioDude
06-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah, there a new team and I guess it's nice to see them finally win one. But Ottawa hasn't won in 80 years, so I hope they get another chance next year.

Teemu Selanne is my hero. I hope he never retires.

Most Frantic
06-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Out of the final 4 teams Anaheim was the team I wanted to see win it the most so :).

DeW222
06-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Out of the final 4 teams Anaheim was the team I wanted to see win it the most so :).

Hmm, you wanted Anaheim to win... and you live in Ontario....

You're a Leafs fan aren't you?

Wolf
06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I had figured it to be the Ducks or the Canucks from the beginning, so I'm not really that surprised, but Buffalo was clearly the biggest disappointment. Now, I know I said I didn't pick them, but that's only because they won the President's Trophy. Honestly, they're one of the most talented teams I've seen play the game. The problem is, sometimes they need a bit of motivation before they start scoring. They'll still play poorly after one goal, but once you get up 2-0 on them, it's almost a guarantee that it'll be tied within three minutes. For some reason, they never really got into a groove with the Senators, which is a shame, because it looks like the team will be disbanded. In any case, I really would put them only a tier below the all-time powerhouses like Gretzky's Oilers, Richard's Canadiens, and Bossy's Islanders.

Most Frantic
06-20-2007, 02:11 AM
Hmm, you wanted Anaheim to win... and you live in Ontario....

You're a Leafs fan aren't you?

My favourite team is the Canucks. But I do hate Ottawa like almost everyone in Ontario but not in Ottawa.

shearer06
06-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I know this is a couple of weeks late for this - but who was the old guy in ottawa wearing those awful suits ??
I think he was some sort of expert, looked like he belonged in the wwe !!