PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Accuracy is INCREDIBLE

JJBDude
09-02-2010, 05:33 PM
I am beyond shocked, I am completely gobsmacked as to how bad the accuracy is on this game. I just spent 20 minutes on the tutorial and finished with an accuracy of just 5%. Why? because even though i've lined up the red human target perfectly it doesn't count as a hit! The wind can't be a factor either as I ensured it was good timing with it plus I pressed the left stick in to stop my breathing (with sniper rifle this is).

I can't understand how I'm going wrong and nobody else has. I've now decided to stop playing the game before I unlock an achievement and wait for somebody to hopefully give me some reassurance.

I've played a lot of shooting games on the Xbox 360 and this is by far the most idiotic one when it comes to the accuracy of the sniper rifle. If somebody can explain to me what I may be doing wrong then please do so. But wasting 150 bullets on a still target just is plain wrong.....

Skeve613
09-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Well, I've never noticed any problem with the accuracy on the sniper rifles in this game. You might be compensating too much for the effects of wind and gravity, but I honestly have never heard of this being a problem before. However, there are plenty of other reasons which people can give for not playing this game, including: ridiculous enemy AI accuracy and perception, poorly designed non-sniper sections with assault rifles, and horribly boring and time consuming multiplayer achievements.

JJBDude
09-02-2010, 10:59 PM
How can I tell the affects of gravity, I never saw any bar/meter or anything that can affect that? When I did finally destroy the still target it was because I aimed the cursor a couple of inches higher on my TV screen than where the target was, I couldn't understand how that worked?

mortug
09-03-2010, 12:24 AM
the tutorial can not be compared with the rest of the gameplay. i had major problems hitting anything during the tutorial. but it's a completely different experience in gameplay

A Satyr
09-03-2010, 12:42 AM
mortug is right the tutorial is faaar off of what you actually shoot at in the game. You get used to the sniper rifle real quick, its the horrible assault rifles i could never figure out...

JJBDude
09-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Thankyou ever so much you two, I wondered if it was just the tutorial but I didn't want to risk it without confirmation from people. I shall give the game a proper go soon, thanks. :)

A Satyr
09-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Im not sure if its been posted on here (i havnt seen it) but this vid was the only reason i got through this 1 level on hard, i suggest you do it. Hell i did it after getting the files and barely made it...

YouTube- Sniper ghost warrior - Big Bug (Steal from under their noses)

I M1K3Y B I
09-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I had the same problem as the guys above, I found getting through the training harder than the actual campaign itself, i spend about 15 minutes trying to shot the moving target in the cabin. :(

After finally get past the training i found the campaign to a breeze. :)

Don't just give up on this game, its one of my favourites. :p

Killerchronic
10-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Play with the red dot (easy/norm) for a level or two, its bloody piss to work out wind/drop and heartbeat after that. Personaly i got through the tut with 80% accuracy first go, but i guess im alone in that, i didnt even think it was remotely hard, infact im shocked ppl had trouble ;o

Anyway it does get better once u work out the guns aswell, agree on the horrible assualt rifle thing though.

rulyxxx26
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
why would you need a gravity bar?

cra
01-25-2011, 07:32 PM
guess nobody of the ones who posted here had a military shooting training. even if you use the G36(german standard assault rifle) you have to aim a bit higher if you want to hit the body at a range of 200m....so IF you want to snipe accurately a target that is 250m away(in the tutorial) you have to aim high enough to compensate the drop caused by gravity...

if anyone though that shooting like in CoD would be realistic, think again :)

Lorgar666
01-31-2011, 03:24 PM
guess nobody of the ones who posted here had a military shooting training. even if you use the G36(german standard assault rifle) you have to aim a bit higher if you want to hit the body at a range of 200m....so IF you want to snipe accurately a target that is 250m away(in the tutorial) you have to aim high enough to compensate the drop caused by gravity...

if anyone though that shooting like in CoD would be realistic, think again :)

No, everyone that buys an Xbox gets five years marksmen training, and they learn how to strip and clean the standard issue rifle for their country of origin, blindfolded. Then they spend the rest of their lives getting a huge gamerscore and posting on an xbox forum trying to impress people with their extensive military shooting training, instead of using the impressive skills they aquired in years past. Its a weird old world right?!

This game is embarrassing. Im borrowing it off a friend at the moment, and am sooooo glad I didnt buy it. Im not having any problems with accuracy (because of all my uber cool military shooting training) but the assault rifle levels are shamefull. Also the shadows in the distance are a joke. If youre looking for a guy shooting at you from the treeline, and the shadows are literally flashing on and off (like shadows do?!) its really hard to see the muzzle flashes.

NorthernZoot
02-28-2011, 08:12 AM
I've never had any issues of accuracy. It seemed like pretty common sense to adjust for gravity (given that you had to adjust for wind as well).

I'll admit the game has a few issues (such as the shadow/lighting issue mentioned above), but all around, I actually really enjoy the game. I like that it's not as simple as just lining up your crosshairs and pulling the trigger like CoD. It at least helps the idea of sniping from a distance a little (even if there are some bugs and consistency errors in the game)...

Perhaps they'll fix some of these mentioned problems for the sequel?

AHC222
03-05-2011, 02:54 PM
There are tons of things to criticize this game about, but I can't believe some people think the game's rifle accuracy is one of them. This is actually one of the few things the game succeeded in.

It really amazes me that some people would first and foremost blame the game for missing shots, without even giving consideration to ballistic drop/windage (even though the game makes it clear they are part of the game). Call of Duty sure has dumbed down the FPS shooter crowd.

And no Lorgar666, you do not need marksmanship training or military experience to figure it out, just common sense.

anonymous ferret
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
There are tons of things to criticize this game about, but I can't believe some people think the game's rifle accuracy is one of them. This is actually one of the few things the game succeeded in.

It really amazes me that some people would first and foremost blame the game for missing shots, without even giving consideration to ballistic drop/windage (even though the game makes it clear they are part of the game). Call of Duty sure has dumbed down the FPS shooter crowd.

And no Lorgar666, you do not need marksmanship training or military experience to figure it out, just common sense.

^ I agree with this.

My story. Just got back from up North after visiting a friend, we blitz Battlefield with snipers etc & Bad Company 2's physics worked well. Heck even my friend helped out Codemasters with Op Flashpoint's sniper (playtest/feedback etc). Though it helps since the guy is ex military & was a sniper. So the other day up town we were talking about this game & decided to both get a copy, got back & checked it out.

My mate played it & he loves it, he obviously got to grips with it being ex mil & well now I read this thread...

However, it is astonishing OP, you really are just a CoD kid huh? Same goes to anyone on this kids wave length too. You can't handle a take on "real world" physics so blame the game? Wow.

Logic & common sense, ever heard of it?
Gravity, ever heard of it?
Wind, ever heard of it?
Coriolis effect, ever heard of it?
THEN! Distance & time for bullet to travel, ever take into consideration?

cra
03-18-2011, 09:27 PM
well, i am glad that there are more thinking and obviously grown up people playing this game^^

@lorgar666
never said that i have 5years sole training how to shoot...

Krazy RN
03-20-2011, 11:12 AM
I felt like I had just drank a bottle of whiskey and went outside for target practice for a bit. My bullets were everywhere, :drunkbut where I need them.

anonymous ferret
03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I felt like I had just drank a bottle of whiskey and went outside for target practice for a bit. My bullets were everywhere, :drunkbut where I need them.

Lightweight :rolleyes: