PDA

View Full Version : The graphics...WOW!

jamie1000013
09-03-2010, 01:10 PM
The graphics on this game are amazing. I haven't played a game with this good graphics before. I'm playing Dante's inferno aswell as this and both of these games have great graphics, this game the better of the two though.

My question is too anyone who has played this game in SD (standard definition) and HD (high definition) what is the difference like? I can't see it getting better than this TBH lol.

God, I wish i had A HD TV, I think I would get a tear in my eye seeing this game in HD lol.

sledge
09-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I agree they are really good! It felt like I was playing a tv show. As far as the HD question, yes it look phenomenal on it. The graphics are really crisp, especially the shadow effects and water.

Major_4X4
09-05-2010, 09:09 AM
the graphics are amazing im really suprised on how good the game was

XBL Unreal
09-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I agree they are really good! It felt like I was playing a tv show. As far as the HD question, yes it look phenomenal on it. The graphics are really crisp, especially the shadow effects and water.
The lighting and fog are also done well.

Miss Allen86
09-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I have a 61" HD television and I use a HDMI cable which allows for an even more crisp picture and I must say.....it is amazing!!!! Save up and get yourself a HD TV. The smaller 30" 36" tv's are pretty cheap now a days....you'll be glad you did. ^_^

jamie1000013
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I have a 61" HD television and I use a HDMI cable which allows for an even more crisp picture and I must say.....it is amazing!!!! Save up and get yourself a HD TV. The smaller 30" 36" tv's are pretty cheap now a days....you'll be glad you did. ^_^

Wow I am so jealous. 61" that must take up a whole wall :-P. OMG watching something like Inception on your TV, that must be amazing. It's either a laptop for Christmas or a big ass TV lol. I could get both and use my B'day money in February aswell as the Xmas money lol.

I just finished Alan wake, great game. I actually liked the ending and I think I understand it lol.

cutchinz
09-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I agree this is one of the best looking games I've ever seen :p

RockWhore
09-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah some of the views are awesome. It shows they really did their research on that part of the world. If I remember rightly in one of the videos you get with the Collectors Edition it said they took over 10,000 photos of the area.

A few bits stick out in my mind, one after you wake up and walk around the cabin with Hartman; you get to the sun dial and see the view over the lake, it looks great. Then a few chapters later when it starts by a rest area. I just spent a good few minutes taking in the scenery and it's not very often I do that in games.

jamie1000013
09-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah some of the views are awesome. It shows they really did their research on that part of the world. If I remember rightly in one of the videos you get with the Collectors Edition it said they took over 10,000 photos of the area.

A few bits stick out in my mind, one after you wake up and walk around the cabin with Hartman; you get to the sun dial and see the view over the lake, it looks great. Then a few chapters later when it starts by a rest area. I just spent a good few minutes taking in the scenery and it's not very often I do that in games.

I know compared to games like MW2 and bad company 2 etc the backgrounds are awful compared to this. Replay the snowy mountain level on MW2 and you will see what I am on about. I collected all the intel a few days ago and the scenery on that and other levels is god awful lol.

Jewls
09-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Honestly? It's reminding me of a Ubisoft game.

SallyNasty
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I think the environments are really impressive - but the character modelling is pretty dissappointing. Also - the syncing with the voices leaves a lot to be desired.

KAG1092
09-13-2010, 05:25 PM
I think the environments are really impressive - but the character modelling is pretty dissappointing. Also - the syncing with the voices leaves a lot to be desired.
This.

Environmentally, it's beautiful. The black shadow, and the general shadow effect on the Taken, it's incredible. The character graphics and animations however, could use some fixing. And the lip syncing is not too good either.

Still a beautiful game.