PDA

View Full Version : Mr Chau Questionaire

TLOR FETT
09-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Does using the Power of Love sword effect his appearing at all because I am one of those guys who is getting his but kicked, I beat the game with all 5 characters on hard just for a challenge and have not seen him, also have sat their and done the exit enter thing ...alot.

mikachu93
09-04-2010, 05:31 AM
No.

10chars

Aquaman6686
09-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I've spent a total of almost 9 hours playing through my completed game, exiting in and out of levels, etc. He has NEVER appeared, not once.

TLOR FETT
09-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I've spent a total of almost 9 hours playing through my completed game, exiting in and out of levels, etc. He has NEVER appeared, not once.

Ok im not so depressed ha, and to the first guy is the 10chars thing you typing spam or something?

mikachu93
09-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Ok im not so depressed ha, and to the first guy is the 10chars thing you typing spam or something?
Each post has to have a minimum of ten characters. "No." isn't long enough on its own.

TLOR FETT
09-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Each post has to have a minimum of ten characters. "No." isn't long enough on its own.

Ahahahaha, I tohught you were trying to say 10 characters not the 5 that are in the game

mikachu93
09-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Ahahahaha, I tohught you were trying to say 10 characters not the 5 that are in the game
Nah, sorry.

RaccoonNinja28
09-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Try Beating Todd Ingram on stage 3 three times in a row. Start at The Main Stage each time. It worked for me.

TLOR FETT
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Try Beating Todd Ingram on stage 3 three times in a row. Start at The Main Stage each time. It worked for me.

didint work for me, i entered and exited levels about 500 times just today so im good for a while...

Kerwyn2112
09-10-2010, 02:22 PM
After grinding for a while trying to get the guy to appear, I think I figured out a few different factors to getting him to appear.

One, from the majority of what I've read online, don't use any cheats (Besides the extra game modes and sound test level). Using the cheats seems to send the probability of him spawning right down into the gutter.

Two, jacking up the difficulty seems to help a bit. I went up to Rough and Tough, but I've read where people played on Supreme Master and he spawned almost immediately.

And three, your current HP seems to affect it as well. Try taking your health down to 30ish, (Keep your Guts maxed out though, that doesn't seem to affect anything with him).

After doing all three of those at the same time, I got him to spawn in 5 minutes, as compared to before I looked up (and put together) all this information after nearly 4 hours of grinding, and no success.

I really hope this helps, I know this achievement is a serious pain. >.<

GaMe RoOm 69
09-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Just to let you guys know how Mr. Chau appeared to me.

2nd playthrough (using Ramona)
never used power of love sword (but used it almost always on my 1st playthrough with scott and mr chau never appeared)
he appeared after completing the 4th level for the first time
i had less than 30hp!! (although i had about 200gp and an item)
difficulty: average joe

WordBearer
10-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm not trying to rub it in but here's what happened when I got him:

1st Playthrough w/Scott used Power of Love sword almost whole time
Level 14 with half health and no gut points
He appeared after beating level 4 (He then beat me and dissapeared)
He then appeared after beating level 5 (I beat him that time)

Domme
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Chau appeared on my first and on my second run - I defeated him twice.

BUT: I can't pick him yet?! :eek:

As I said, I defeated him twice and every time I beat him, a short text message saying: "Mr Chau unlocked" (or something like that) appeared.

So, what the heck is going on?

EDIT: Argh.. I found out, that Mr Chau isn't a playable character. oh maaaaan. xD

Aquaman6686
10-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Its been well over a month since I posted here. Cleared the game 50+ times.

Chau has NEVER appeared.

mikachu93
10-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Its been well over a month since I posted here. Cleared the game 50+ times.

Chau has NEVER appeared.
I find that incredibly hard to believe, because he appeared for me on my second playthrough a day or two after I bought the game.

There is absolutely no way whatsoever somebody can be that unlucky.

Aquaman6686
10-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I find that incredibly hard to believe, because he appeared for me on my second playthrough a day or two after I bought the game.

There is absolutely no way whatsoever somebody can be that unlucky.

He finally appeared for me a couple days ago...and killed me instantly with a 200 damage move, despite my DEF being at 100. I played for 8 more hours, he never appeared again.

Aquaman6686
10-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Well, I finally got him to appear again, after fighting and killing Todd 93 times in a row. I had full health and an Ambrosia item. By the time the fight was over, the Ambrosia was used and I had 15 health and no Gut Points, but I finally defeated him.