PDA

View Full Version : How to beat Sabertooth on Superhero (easy way)

Mace1982
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Right firstly ignore anyhting about standing in front of him and blocking him yes you will get it eventually but that could be many games from now,

The Mace Way

Do not get into long hit swapping contests with him IT HURTS
Watch his attack combos only does 3 if he launches his punch combo wait for it to end then run in and smack him about 2-4 times depending on which combo he uses
Run Away to avoid his attack
Rinse and Repeat
when he gets final ultimate rage get in there and hit your fury do not use y just smack the crap outta x and he is yours
takes a little longer than the other methods but it usually only takes 3-4 tries
If you dont believe me ask FugitiveToby31 he used the Mace Way

ph201
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
I used some other method that involved attacking him but being wary and it took me 2 tries. Definitely a bit faster but I can't remember how I did it.

Im a Manatee
05-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I did it totally differently. Im posting a write up now.

Rebel_INS
06-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I figured out a good way that helps alot at the end of the fight. As you know, at the end, Sabertooth gets in a rage (and it doesnt go away), but at the same time his health DOESNT regenerate while yours does (when your in a rage). Well.... at the end when your both in a rage... if your low on health... keep pressing "Y" to jump on him, hell end up throwing you down, but at the same time, it DOESNT hurt you, and it hurts him just a bit, but your health is regenerating at the same time. Do this until your health is back up to a good spot, then start quick attacking again.

Hope that helps.. it helped me. It took me about 5 tries to beat him.

Turbo VDuB 44
07-03-2007, 02:26 AM
I've tried 7 times now and he keeps swatting me every time i barrel roll away....towards the end i can't even move because by the time wolverine gets up he is rushing me again. this is pissing me off!!!:mad:

ASTROBL4ACK
07-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Edit. I just relised I posted the exact same thing rebel did.

Im a Manatee
07-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I've tried 7 times now and he keeps swatting me every time i barrel roll away....towards the end i can't even move because by the time wolverine gets up he is rushing me again. this is pissing me off!!!:mad:

Have you tried my method? Look in "the truly awesome boss faq"

mammoth
07-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I figured out a good way that helps alot at the end of the fight. As you know, at the end, Sabertooth gets in a rage (and it doesnt go away), but at the same time his health DOESNT regenerate while yours does (when your in a rage). Well.... at the end when your both in a rage... if your low on health... keep pressing "Y" to jump on him, hell end up throwing you down, but at the same time, it DOESNT hurt you, and it hurts him just a bit, but your health is regenerating at the same time. Do this until your health is back up to a good spot, then start quick attacking again.

thanks for that tip... i did read this thread a minute ago and beat sabertooth on the first try with this method.

"when sabertooth goes into his final rage, simple do a 3 hit combo with X, and when sabertooth is about to use one of his unblockable hits on you, press the Y button to jump into him. he will throw you off, but you take no damage. then you should be able to hit him another 3 times with X, then press Y again to do the same. WHile i did this, sabertooth was in final rage the whole time and he did not hit me once, and I managed to stay at full heath"

thanks again for the excellent tip!

Mammoth

Glyndinn
08-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the method of hitting Y when you are about to get hit, it made the last fury attack from Sabretooth really easy to get through, since I was almost always at full health.

bironm
08-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Absolutely - hitting the 'Y' button to regain health on the last fury put me thru. Unfortunately my disc became unreadable during the final credits and had to do it twice, and I was 2/2 on beating him doing that. Props Rebel ~

General Rebel
03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Basically I just hit him after he attacked, then jumped away, built up fury, attacked with that, then jumped away when he would try to hit.

I didn't get what "the last fury mode" meant. Is that on the first level?

Anyway, if you beat him down enough & avoid his attacks it's not so bad.

Sabertooth is like a boxer with no endurance. Hard hits like a weighlifter but no cardio in his workout -LOL-
So if you can avoid his hits then hit & jump out of the way, he'll be dead.

Takes a while but works fine.

hellspawnjuggalo
05-10-2008, 05:47 PM
This method works great. I sat here over 20 times trying to beat him and when I finally read this thread, I beat him the very next time. Strong work son. . . Strong work.

boofarama
07-31-2008, 01:16 PM
thanks for the tips guys

Zen Master Kel
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
It took me 4 tries to be him on Superhero. I actually had to go back to Hero mode and re-learn some of his patterns. He's not that difficult once you figure out which of his attacks are unblockable and when to use your Fury mode. He's much easier than Silver Samurai. That guy's real annoying on Superhero.

SetoChaos
04-09-2009, 03:38 PM

Thank you so very very much for this. I finally beat him thanks to your tips =)

TOP GUN 798
04-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the tips, once you get the technique down I only got hit by him two times. This game was pretty fun, but very repetitive. I am glad I could get the easy 1000 in the 5 hours I played this game. Next game is bully :)

Saluki 00
05-30-2009, 01:06 AM
thanks for that tip... i did read this thread a minute ago and beat sabertooth on the first try with this method.

"when sabertooth goes into his final rage, simple do a 3 hit combo with X, and when sabertooth is about to use one of his unblockable hits on you, press the Y button to jump into him. he will throw you off, but you take no damage. then you should be able to hit him another 3 times with X, then press Y again to do the same. WHile i did this, sabertooth was in final rage the whole time and he did not hit me once, and I managed to stay at full heath"

Mammoth

Tip was spot on... i did the same, he never hit me.

InitiallyJRL
06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
amazingly i did this before i even read this thread lol
id just swipe left and right and when my life got at about 1/4
id jump on him until my rage was almost gone which would
put me at about 3/4 life
took about 30 seconds to a minute doing it
too easy :woop:

djkp69
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for tips!

sLaW
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
woo! thanks for the help. easy but boring 1000 ftw. i can finally tell everyone i am an honorary x-man.

bigrichienice1
09-21-2009, 07:49 PM
thanks for the advice guys, i used the jump on him, let him throw u, hit him with x acouple of times and repeat method and i got it second time otherwise i was really struggling!!!!!!

Clowhagen
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Awesome strategy, I'll defiantly have to use this when I get to the fight. Thx

Bjernagris
12-12-2009, 01:34 AM
Great advice, undoubtedly the best strategy. Tried 5 times before finding this thread, nailed it first time using the "Y" tip.

Vicktacular
01-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Thank you. I just beat that ass hole sabretooth thanks to you. I paused when he went into unlimited fury thinking i was screwed. your post really saved me. thanks again.

Corrupt.
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
This works brilliantly, did it on my second time. Thanks for the tip.

Erwo the Elder
04-13-2011, 08:12 AM
I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for saving my sanity and getting me through one of the worst boss fights ever. With the help from this thread I was able to finish it after only two more tries.

Kudos to everyone! You all rock!

Sigmund666
07-27-2011, 07:16 PM
The one with the Y tip is a fucking G-O-D!!!
I couldn't beat Sabretooth. I beat him now, thanks for another rather easy 1000g, although it was fucked up you had to play almost everything on hard :(

DarthBrady
07-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Mammoth

Yes, thanks for that! same thing here. Helped me too, I got it on the 2nd try after reading that.