PDA

View Full Version : Grinding for Zombie Exterminator? (1000 kills)

ttsutaoka
09-05-2010, 05:38 AM
So you're grinding for 1000 zombie kills in DR:CZ, which is an awesome arcade game. Maybe you're not grinding for the kills, but playing it for fun. Either way is cool.

I've heard of people using the moose head to get kills. This is a great way to get kills easily. Or, you can use guns and other weapons just as easily.

The method my brother and I used was to use the utility cart that Chuck pushes the bike frame in. After finding your first Zombrex (at the Quarantine Zone), you'll get a cart to push around. The cart never wears down (a.k.a breaks) and it's sometimes a 1-hit-kill. Takes about half your time in the game to do it, but it is pretty easy.

Make sure to find the mass of zombies at all times. Sometimes the majority of them may be down the main road, or the crowd may move in front of the Department Store, and then move on to the Theater. Keep an eye out.

Booij
09-05-2010, 07:26 AM
You could also just use the infinite time glitch, and just get 1000 kills by the way you want it.

http://www..youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5uATXkJII

R Rated Love
09-05-2010, 08:21 AM
FWIW, this method is already included in the achievement guide on the first page here.

The Hypnotoad
09-05-2010, 10:15 AM
The bike cart is a very easy way of getting it. I should have done it but I forgot to use snacks after getting hit and I died at about 800 (only took me about 15 minutes to do that though)

Starstrukk X360A
09-05-2010, 11:14 AM
The cart was easier, IMO. It's indestructible so you don't need to keep on getting more.

Davey_Pitch
09-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I actually didn't think it was very hard to get the 1000 kills on it. On my 3rd playthrough I only had 4 achievements left - 1000 kills, save all survivors, unlock all doors, and spend $100,000 in the store - and managed to unlock the doors, save all survivors, get the 1000 kills, and still have enough time to fix the bike and leave safely. If you make good use of the shotguns, broadswords and Queens (dropping them in really tight groups like the gas station or by the quarantine zone) then you should have no problems getting the 1000 kills.

Red Testament
09-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Cart is the easiest -- albeit the longest way.

Jimbo76
09-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah just use the cart. never took me half an hour and you dont use any game time either. make sure you have a snack or two on you though because you don't want to die with 950 kills. that would suck.