PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 Level Achievements thank you

Major_4X4
09-05-2010, 09:05 AM
who else is happy about this

Monstor
09-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I'd rather have 9 total for individual karma, level 30 will be a pain in the ass, but it is nice.

TG Wolf
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Leaves room for other interesting achievements so it's ok i guess.

snipingheadshot
09-06-2010, 03:22 AM
I am. I still don't have one of them and I have around 1400 for Fallout 3.

KirbyTheAlmighty
09-06-2010, 05:49 AM
I don't really care about level achievements.
They don't bother me, but I'm not going to dance when I see them.

Fallout is a game I would play, even if there were no achievements.

linktriforce007
09-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I'd rather have level achievements than the Hardcore one.

Morrowind393
09-06-2010, 06:41 AM
I am in agreement with you, 3 level achievements is a good number.

SovietCrusade
09-12-2010, 11:21 PM
True *serious face*

fxsoap
09-13-2010, 05:31 PM
I'd rather have 9 total for individual karma, level 30 will be a pain in the ass, but it is nice.

the karma ones were so lame, just required game load ups...felt like a waste

Miss Allen86
09-13-2010, 08:00 PM
I liked the level achievements. Adding more of them would just make me want to grind my characters xp for an even longer amount of time, just to hear that sweet achievement ding sound....it's like music to my ears. ^_^

Pearson
09-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Three level achievements aren't too bad, but four would've been a much better number. :biglaugh

bigbear2face
09-14-2010, 01:42 AM

So true. I originally played Fallout 3 on the PC with no achievements and spent probably close to 200 hours on the game.

As far as the level achievements I'm LOVING the no karma based achievements. I just picked up a used copy of Fallout 3 for the 360 (no GOTY edition, not going to play the DLC's, just wanted to run through it once and get used to the 360 mechanics so I'm ready for New Vegas on the 360). I reloaded strategic saves to get all nine level achievements in one play through at it was the worst part about playing the game.

I do however hate the "do x amount of damage with y weapon" achievements. I barely ever used melee, unarmed, big guns or energy weapons in Fallout 3 and I don't want to be forced to use them just for achievements.

TTDog666
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM

Agreed... the original 3 for each level weren't a problem... if you saved before you hit the number and then just approached a quest in a different way each time you could get all 3 for each level in under 30 minutes... the slaver camp for example... handed out plenty of experience and offered massive potential for both good and bad karma.

Same with the bomb in Megaton, even the android mission on Rivet City... and so on...

PenderPowguin
09-21-2010, 06:32 PM
I do however hate the "do x amount of damage with y weapon" achievements. I barely ever used melee, unarmed, big guns or energy weapons in Fallout 3 and I don't want to be forced to use them just for achievements.

Yeah but with the new free aiming I don't think anyone will have any problem with weapon achievements. In New Vegas your life won't always depend on the VATS system.

D 3 4 T H B 4 T
09-23-2010, 03:37 AM
i am definatly happy about the no karma achievements, it allows u to enjoy progressing throughout the game and not worrying about achievements.

TriRock
09-23-2010, 05:22 AM
To me, the 'do x amount of damage with y weapons' sound infinitely more annoying than level/karma achievements. Especially since there is a melee category.

Aceman417
09-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm happy. The level ones are easy but just annoying to do. I can't think of anything that would get three saves to level thirty just to get the achievements. I know I am using a level up glitch and switching saves to get the evil and neutral karma ones for fallout 3 as I cbf starting over again and playing the full game.

Moonberg
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
I didn't mind the karma-level achievements, mainly because I wanted to play through it a couple of times. I normally play games as a good character at first then go back and play an Evil play through. Fallout 3 was so good I wanted to play it a 3rd time anyway, so I just tried to play it neutrally.

Either way, I'm sure the game will be awesome anyway, the achievements are just a little bonus

guillermo316
09-30-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm actually dissapointed! it was fun and not really anything problematic to get does other level achievement. it was fun killing all the people in rivet city!

waxc3
10-02-2010, 04:02 AM
level achievements im okay with. the karma ones i hated

bbrandy
10-02-2010, 07:18 AM
i like it alright.

Gunslinger128
10-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Only three is good for me!

Ev3sti
10-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Whatever 4 me, in Fallout 3 those achievements were easy to get just saving right after you hit the next level.
And also getting to level 30 isnt even so bad, it comes naturaly on game by completin quests and killing enemies.
Also the hardcore mode makes the game more interesting, the Fallout 3 was so easy to get 1550g cuz theres no matter of your dificulty.
Also Fallout 3 is the game that i have played most in my life, so i think i would play New Vegas even if there wastnt achievements;)

VortecK1ng
10-04-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm actually dissapointed! it was fun and not really anything problematic to get does other level achievement. it was fun killing all the people in rivet city!

+1,000 I was kinda happy when it came time to get bad karma i would nuke everywhere! I found it to be a good release from doing quest's and wanting to kill the people for talking shit to me lol.

darsfog
10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah but with the new free aiming I don't think anyone will have any problem with weapon achievements. In New Vegas your life won't always depend on the VATS system.

Wait what????

There is no VATS in New Vegas???

That was one of the coolest things about Fallout 3. My current character is all about VATS. Granted I did do a lot of no vats shooting with the hunting/sniper rifle.

ShaneForWax
10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
There is VATS. Don't get all freaked out.

Personally I'm concerned about playing the Caravan card game. I'm usually not good at in-game games. >_>

Pieville
10-05-2010, 06:01 AM
I don't really care about level achievements.
They don't bother me, but I'm not going to dance when I see them.

Remember the old days, in which we played games for enjoyment, not achievements. I don't care about achievements, plus it's Fallout, so I'll probably play it for 1000+hours.

KirbyTheAlmighty
10-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Yeah. Me and my friend both talk about how we love to get achievements, but at the same time, feel like achievements are slightly ruining the real gameplay of video games.

VortecK1ng
10-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Remember the old days, in which we played games for enjoyment, not achievements. I don't care about achievements, plus it's Fallout, so I'll probably play it for 1000+hours.

Oh yes i remember the days. Playing on and on in golden eye or super mario bros or even the original even tho you couldnt save.

It seems like the game now is getting the achievements (for me at least) but i must admit i would play this game (prob wouldnt have touched fallout 3 tho without achieves) knowing how good the last one was without achievements.

ShaneForWax
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
I want to go back to Fallout 3 even though I recently got 100% achies in it. I just want to visit the Wastelands and hear ThreeDog again! AWOOOOOO!

Eminent
10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Leaves room for other interesting achievements so it's ok i guess.

Interesting indeed.