PDA

View Full Version : Dogmeat missing/dead?

gamoamo
09-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I got dogmeat from the scrapyard, but he wouldn't just follow me. I had to tell him to do something. I told him to go find some ammo. I don't know exactly how long its been but I don't know if he is dead or just missing. I haven't gotten any notifications about it. Any ideas?

ozgoon56
09-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Dogmeat waits at the vault 101 entrance if he's still alive so try there. If he's dead and you have the DLC then I think you can take a perk which will spawn a puppy at your house.

Squalo FIN
09-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I got dogmeat from the scrapyard, but he wouldn't just follow me. I had to tell him to do something. I told him to go find some ammo. I don't know exactly how long its been but I don't know if he is dead or just missing. I haven't gotten any notifications about it. Any ideas?

That happened to me too. I sent Dogmeat to find some ammo and then I fast traveled to another place. Then I realized that I left my dog behind and I returned but I didn`t find it. I got notification next day that said Dogmeat has died:(

Jurrasic
09-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Dogmeat always waits at the Vault 101 entrance so try there!

Miss Allen86
09-23-2010, 04:25 PM
That happened to me too. I sent Dogmeat to find some ammo and then I fast traveled to another place. Then I realized that I left my dog behind and I returned but I didn`t find it. I got notification next day that said Dogmeat has died:(I forget what level it is exactly but your able to choose a perk that gives you one of Dogmeats puppies. Really just another Dogmeat. Also this perk only shows if you have the Broken Steele DLC.

The Walrus
09-23-2010, 04:37 PM
When I lost Dogmeat I just went to outside Vault 101 and waited for around 72 hours which is how long it took him to get to me for some reason.

Hydrophillic
09-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Lmao, that is tragic if he died. I just found him today for the first time and thought he was hilarious. But also pretty useless.

BlindingShadow
09-27-2010, 10:23 PM
At higher levels he's not that much use anyway, but if need be just take the Puppies perk.

RuYi
09-28-2010, 07:27 PM
I agree Dogmeat is subtle as a brick. Whenever I want to sneak past enemies, he always runs into them picking a fight.

I had to reload save files so many times because he died or I had lost him (and he died). But I always thought it was worth reloading because I thought he was so adorable, and the fact that he wants to accompany you regardless of whether you're a good person or not.

Maybe it's a girl thing. :)

SW Ownage
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I agree Dogmeat is subtle as a brick. Whenever I want to sneak past enemies, he always runs into them picking a fight.

I had to reload save files so many times because he died or I had lost him (and he died). But I always thought it was worth reloading because I thought he was so adorable, and the fact that he wants to accompany you regardless of whether you're a good person or not.

Maybe it's a girl thing. :)

haha thats what i always done :L the wee guy was awesome!! :P

but why sneak when you can just kill everything?? :P its more fun anyway :L

RuYi
10-05-2010, 09:28 AM
but why sneak when you can just kill everything?? :P its more fun anyway :L
I love exploring new area's, and when I see something interesting in the distance I want to go see what it is asap, and then all the creeps delay my arrival! OvO