PDA

View Full Version : I am getting less excited by the day

CrossFireZX5
09-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Seriously, I thought Rock Band 3 would be the definitive king of music games when they first announced it. Now, every time I read something about it, it's usually shit I don't wanna hear. First things first, I don't want people bitching at me for stupid reasons, everything you read here is my 100% honest opinion, and if you don't like it, then go cry in a corner somewhere.

1st major reason: The Setlist- Alot of the songs are not what people are wanting, especially me. The game is called ROCK BAND, and I feel that Harmonix has forgotten that, especially when you look at 90% of the DLC released this year (Y'ALL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT) Now, believe me, I have no problems with some of the lesser styles of rock and I'm not a hardcore Rocker that says shit like every song has to be hard rock or heavy metal, but at least acknowledge that there are people who feel that way.

2nd major problem: Departing from some of the "traditions"- This has a bit to do with the setlist as well, but mostly its about the stuff that made RB great. First, think about what some RB players have come to expect (namely me) A Foo Fighters song, a Nirvana song, a dedicated Tour Mode, a massive bundle with all of the new instrunents, and possibly some more stuff. NONE of that is in RB3, and I for one, am very disappointed.

3rd major problem was just mentioned above- NO SUPER BUNDLE!! WHAT THE F HARMONIX? I'm in dire need of some upgrades but I don't feel like buying EVERYTHING separately. My drum kit is kind of screwed up, though I can't explain the problems, my RB2 Fender's Yellow Solo button (I got small hands so I play on the Solo buttons, plus I tap out Solos) sometimes doesn't playand I'd like to try out the keyboard, plus I've just started learning real guitar, so I'd like the Pro guitar thrown in, so I'd only need to buy an amp, but no, the cheap bastards aren't even trying to make this happen.

The only good news I've gotten about RB3 thus far is that I can use my own created characters in the place of the fugly Harmonix-made ones like in Rock Band 2. I was really looking forward to rockin out on Christmas morning with a massive box on the floor and plastic wrap scattered everywhere, but now that dream is dead. THANKS ALOT HARMONIX!!!!!

mikachu93
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
1st major reason: The Setlist- Alot of the songs are not what people are wanting, especially me. The game is called ROCK BAND, and I feel that Harmonix has forgotten that, especially when you look at 90% of the DLC released this year (Y'ALL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT) Now, believe me, I have no problems with some of the lesser styles of rock and I'm not a hardcore Rocker that says shit like every song has to be hard rock or heavy metal, but at least acknowledge that there are people who feel that way.
The game is called Rock Band, not Metal Band or Trance Band or Grunge Band or New Wave Band or Punk Band or Reggae Band or Country Band or Pop Band or Rap Band or Techno Band or Ska Band. God forbid Harmonix appeals to more than just rockers.

2nd major problem: Departing from some of the "traditions"- This has a bit to do with the setlist as well, but mostly its about the stuff that made RB great. First, think about what some RB players have come to expect (namely me) A Foo Fighters song, a Nirvana song, a dedicated Tour Mode, a massive bundle with all of the new instrunents, and possibly some more stuff. NONE of that is in RB3, and I for one, am very disappointed.
What you expected =! what everybody else expected. If you're not happy with the 26 Foo Fighters songs we already have or the 800-challenge-based Tour mode, sucks for you. Some people are actually glad they're getting Bohemian Rhapsody, Imagine, Stop Me if You've Heard This One Before, Jerry was a Race Car Driver, Cold as Ice, Crosstown Traffic, Crazy Train, Break On Through (To the Other Side), Rainbow in the Dark, Oh My God, Fly Like an Eagle, Get Up Stand Up, Heart of Glass, Killing Loneliness, and even Rehab all on one disc.

3rd major problem was just mentioned above- NO SUPER BUNDLE!! WHAT THE F HARMONIX? I'm in dire need of some upgrades but I don't feel like buying EVERYTHING separately. My drum kit is kind of screwed up, though I can't explain the problems, my RB2 Fender's Yellow Solo button (I got small hands so I play on the Solo buttons, plus I tap out Solos) sometimes doesn't playand I'd like to try out the keyboard, plus I've just started learning real guitar, so I'd like the Pro guitar thrown in, so I'd only need to buy an amp, but no, the cheap bastards aren't even trying to make this happen.
Blame Madcatz and Fender, not Harmonix. That said, http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=256546.

TwistedFate
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
There are thousands of songs available, so if you don't like the on disc setlist, you have options. We acknowledge that there are people who feel every song should be metal, we also acknowledge that these people are musically stunted and do not represent the majority of players. Nor do the they represent the RB target audience. RB targets music lovers, not "every genre but my favorite is garbage" idiots. Also we have discussed to death the fact that Rock Band is just a name. Half Life has nothing to do with the decay rate of elements so why aren't you bitching about that one? Calling the game "Band" or "All Encompassing Music Game" would be worse, IMHO, so you really need to get over yourself here because this retarded argument is getting tiresome.

I've already given a detailed reason behind the lack of a super bundle in another thread that Mikachu linked to. Go read that cause I can't be assed to explain it again.

As for your perceived "traditions", cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. If the fact that your favorite band didn't make the cut this time is enough to turn you off, I'm sure you'll be very happy with GH:WoR. Like has been said, 26 songs should be a plenty to keep you happy. And I for one am glad I don't have to play through more over-rated dreck from Nirvana. There are plenty of bands that have never been in RB and deserve to be. Be happy with what you have and make room for somebody else.

SebastianSB
09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
No Rock Band setlist has ever been primarily Hard Rock or Heavy Metal, so I'm not sure why you're so shocked there. We have 25 Foo Fighters songs, so it's hardly surprising that we don't have another one.

A "super bundle" is basically impossible. How would they know what you want in the bundle? If the bundle fit what you wanted, what about everyone else?

-Five Button Guitar?
-Mustang Guitar?
-Fender Guitar?
-Drum Kit?
-Cymbal Expansion?
-Ion Drum Kit?
-One Microphone?
-Three Microphones?
-Keyboard?

Do you see the problem here?

I don't want people bitching at me for stupid reasons, everything you read here is my 100% honest opinion, and if you don't like it, then go cry in a corner somewhere.

I don't think you understand how a forum works. It's not a place where you get to stand up on a soap box and spread your opinion around while disallowing anyone else to do so. If you don't want people to respond to what you have to say then you shouldn't say it.

Lovy4
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Yesterday at Gamestop the Gamestop news channel feed they had running on the tv said there will be a holiday bundle. I didn't catch what exactly would be included but I'm assuming the same thing we've always gotten. Drums, Guitar, Mic. . . I think the keyboard could be up for argument since they are doing a release bundle with that.

I just want to know when the damn Squier is coming out so I can plan to have that money availiable and I'm tired of that secret being held!

Clarky08
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
It would be good however if they did 3 for the price of 2 on instruments or something to encourage more people to buy more instruments. I am still using the original Rock Band Drums, Guitar and Mic and they're ok. But i was hoping to trade them all in to buy wireless ones in a box set with RB3. Now i'll just have to do it seperately it seems.

CrossFireZX5
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Yesterday at Gamestop the Gamestop news channel feed they had running on the tv said there will be a holiday bundle. I didn't catch what exactly would be included but I'm assuming the same thing we've always gotten. Drums, Guitar, Mic. . . I think the keyboard could be up for argument since they are doing a release bundle with that.

I just want to know when the damn Squier is coming out so I can plan to have that money availiable and I'm tired of that secret being held!
I would love for this to be true, as long as there was a new guitar (don't een care what kind, though the mustang seems likely) and the keyboard, because, if I'm not mistaken, I may be able to fix my drums problem (not really) mentioned above with my old Rock Band 1 Drum parts, or at least I can fix one of my problems, and the mics I have work fine, I only need a stand so I can try singing and playing guitar at once (I figure it'd be alot more comfortable with a mic stand than wrapping the cords around my neck and shoving the mic down my shirt, holding it in place with my chin)

I'll also retract a few of my complaints, the setlist is alright, but you gotta admit that some of those songs suck, as for those of you that saythis bullshit about Nirvana and the Foos, its obvious that you're too busy listening to the shit of the current generation (Dance/Techno/Pop, pick your choice, its all complete shit) to know true musical genius and while you're asking no, I am not satisfied with the current availiable tracks. Maybe if the entirety of There is Nothing Left To Lose was released (best Foos album IMO) and, For Nirvana, if the MTV Unplugged version of 'Where did you Sleep Last Night" as well as the studio version of Heart-Shaped Box was released I wouldn't be so vocal in my complaints, but until then, I'm just gonna keep on talking about it.

Now, I must go look into this holiday bundle stuff

ponypo2001
09-08-2010, 05:55 PM
I'll also retract a few of my complaints, the setlist is alright, but you gotta admit that some of those songs suck, as for those of you that saythis bullshit about Nirvana and the Foos, its obvious that you're too busy listening to the shit of the current generation (Dance/Techno/Pop, pick your choice, its all complete shit) to know true musical genius and while you're asking no, I am not satisfied with the current availiable tracks. Maybe if the entirety of There is Nothing Left To Lose was released (best Foos album IMO) and, For Nirvana, if the MTV Unplugged version of 'Where did you Sleep Last Night" as well as the studio version of Heart-Shaped Box was released I wouldn't be so vocal in my complaints, but until then, I'm just gonna keep on talking about it.

Thing is mate, here you go again with your opinion and yet you claim all other generes of music are shit. I don't listen to any of that music that you list as being crap (again, in your opinion) and yet I think Nirvana are the most overrated drek I've ever heard. That is MY opinion. Thing is, other than to try and prove a point, I'd rather keep that opinion to myself as I know there are many Nirvana fans out there and I respect that view. My advice is for you to do the same and appreciate other people's views.

Poisonheadcrab
09-08-2010, 06:37 PM
1) Setlist will inevitably have some tracks that people like and others people will dislike. What's good/bad is entirely up to one's opinion...however, I feel pity for you if the number of songs you like is 0/86 (yes, this is including the pre-order bonus).

2) Pretty much the same as the first point, however, I'll admit that I went o.0 myself when I saw the lack of Bon Jovi that even Traveler's Tales had a song for in L:RB.

3) If they don't want to go with a bundle, I'd say that is their call. If there's only 1-2 instruments you like to/will play, then only get those.

Starstrukk X360A
09-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm not a fan of the setlist (hell, I honestly prefer GH6's over this one) but that doesn't mean I won't get it. I've been waiting for Rock Band 3 forever and I'll be damned if I don't buy it.

Hero Of Acre
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm in agreement with getting less and less excited the closer the release date gets. I'm just not a fan of the setlist, there are maybe 15 songs that I like on it, and there are probally some more that I will like, but I'm still not a fan of it. And yes I'm someone that would like more metal in it, but I would also like some good indie rock, stoner rock, blues, and hell even a little bit of jazz or swing wouldn't hurt. Actually who am I kidding it'd be amazing if they through in some old school big band stuff.

Truth be told the one of the main reason I want to get this game is for the preorder bonus of My Own Summer. Pro mode doesn't interest me, because I already play guitar and it's not actually going to teach you how to play instruments, it will just get your muscles used to the movements and give you better dexterity, but to go from pro mode to playing a song...no.

Also on the setlist, I think the introduction of keys (something else I don't care for) has limited the songs they could choose for it. And someone's probally going to be like, "So whatz if they not haz muzk you want, get ovar it." but with the vocal harmonies they should have included something by Alice in Chains. And yes I realize they have two track packs out by them, but like I said; harmonies.

One more thing, please don't tell me to go buy Warriors of Rock just because I don't like the setlist.

mikachu93
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
as for those of you that saythis bullshit about Nirvana and the Foos, its obvious that you're too busy listening to the shit of the current generation (Dance/Techno/Pop, pick your choice, its all complete shit) to know true musical genius and while you're asking no, I am not satisfied with the current availiable tracks. Maybe if the entirety of There is Nothing Left To Lose was released (best Foos album IMO) and, For Nirvana, if the MTV Unplugged version of 'Where did you Sleep Last Night" as well as the studio version of Heart-Shaped Box was released I wouldn't be so vocal in my complaints, but until then, I'm just gonna keep on talking about it.
Someone certainly feels entitled today. And what makes you think you can bash other peoples' taste because you don't like dance or trance or techno, yet feel nobody can bash the bands you like? Double standard much?

Also on the setlist, I think the introduction of keys (something else I don't care for) has limited the songs they could choose for it. And someone's probally going to be like, "So whatz if they not haz muzk you want, get ovar it." but with the vocal harmonies they should have included something by Alice in Chains. And yes I realize they have two track packs out by them, but like I said; harmonies.
If anything, keyboards did the exact opposite. I can guarantee you Bohemian Rahpsody and Break on Throuh wouldn't be as fun as they will be had keyboards not been introduced, and I can't see Harmonix adding Imagine without it.

SebastianSB
09-09-2010, 12:21 AM

Retailers can have their own bundles. Best Buy does it all the time for consoles, etc. It's just them saying they'll sell X items at Y price instead of the original total.

Hero Of Acre
09-09-2010, 02:25 AM
If anything, keyboards did the exact opposite. I can guarantee you Bohemian Rahpsody and Break on Throuh wouldn't be as fun as they will be had keyboards not been introduced, and I can't see Harmonix adding Imagine without it.

What I meant was because they added keys they can't really have songs that don't have a large piano part. Sure they could have a couple of songs that don't have and keys, but any more than that and it would just feel tacked on and people would be bitching about having a bunch of songs that they just couldn't use the instrument. It would be like if on RB2 they had put 20 songs on disc that were just instrumentals.

And yes they can still make songs without keys for DLC, but I'm not a fan of using the exsiting music base as an argument for RB3. That's just me though.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
09-09-2010, 06:00 AM
so what? so the songs arent desirable, big whoop, they'll never be 100% liked by everybody, they like some and dont like some, theres no chance for HMX to win, they do what they can for the general consensus.

besides, like ive said before, its MORE VARIETY. sure, i dont agree with some choices either, but in the end, they are new, different songs to play and keep the game fresh. im glad there is techno for the crazy beats and sounds, altho some would agree it doesnt fit in the games theme. its personal preference.

and watching some songs friends play is hilarious, like my cousin singing Visions on Medium, that gave the rest of us quite a kick, it was so fucking hilarious. and he got 99% to boot. i dont like that song, but at least watching him sing it made it worth listening to.

in the end, im picking up green day shortly to export the songs, then RB3 when it comes out for 1 massive library of songs. and of course exporting RB2 when RB3 comes out.

P.S. how could they make bundles? they would almost need to make a bundle for every instrument combination possible, for those who do or dont want the Pro version instruments. id do the math on the number of combinations, but im too tired and gotta go to bed. peace out!!

TwistedFate
09-09-2010, 12:13 PM
P.S. how could they make bundles? they would almost need to make a bundle for every instrument combination possible, for those who do or dont want the Pro version instruments. id do the math on the number of combinations, but im too tired and gotta go to bed. peace out!!

9 combinations (12 if we count a bundle with the MIDI box, instead of drums), but retailers will never stock that many different huge boxes with that big of a price tag.

Miss Allen86
09-09-2010, 01:18 PM
The set list could have been alot better. I'm just hoping that the clothing options and character design has been approved. Funny that was one of the more enjoyable parts of the game for me. ^_^

daviduk2000
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
im just slightly dissapointed theres no muse. And yes i know there is muse in worriors of rock but i dislike 90% of that setlist. metal/hard rock is my least fave genre's of music.
im excited for rock band 3 soo much i cant wait. the problem being i know very few of the songs on it which is also good cause i enjoy listening to and enjoying new songs.

i just hope oneday they release "sunburn" by muse. i really really wanna play it on piano

YouTube - Muse - Sunburn

mikachu93
09-09-2010, 06:32 PM
im just slightly dissapointed theres no muse.
Lack of Muse is most likely due to the band or label (or manager, you get the idea), if I had to guess.