PDA

View Full Version : Easy Goals!

RexDarr
09-08-2010, 03:28 AM
I have been playing a few games on rookie and pro difficulty. I noticed that there is a simple way to score.
Wraparounds. BUT DO NOT SHOOT RIGHT AWAY.Go around to the back of the net and stay there for a few seconds, then hold the puck til you are almost in front of the goalie, then shoot. I have scored almost every time using this method.

M A N I K Fury
09-08-2010, 03:39 AM
do you go on the backhand or forehand?

RexDarr
09-08-2010, 03:44 AM
Forehand works best. I've scored only 2 backhand shots like that.

ctsoxfan
09-08-2010, 04:33 AM
I'm not sure this is exactly new to NHL 11. I have always been able to score fairly easily with the wraparound on the forehand side, sometimes very easily depending on the goalie. Some goalies are especially vulnerable to it. In my first game of NHL 11, using my very weak initial Ultimate Team, I won 6-0 vs. the CPU on Pro and 5 of the goals were wraparounds. But I have always done this, online or offline, since NHL 08. Online, a human player can adjust to stop this, but the CPU has a lot of trouble with it.

Venomized
09-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I dont understand that method at all, except a normal wrap a round?

Numbthumb
09-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Nothing new to the series, this is one of the notorious ways to score online to, so it's a letdown that they've kept it in game.

It requires no skill and it makes the goalies look lame. That said, against a human opponent you can shut it down pretty easily.

If you're looking for goals though, I'm not going to chastise you for finding spots. Play how you want.

Other ways to score on that difficulty:

With the puck *(skating up for the sake of perspective) and using a right handed shot -- Skate along the left side of the ice, not up against the boards but a good distance from them. Cut along the faceoff circle, to your right and shoot top right hand corner.

You can do this same thing but revered with the opposite hand. Pay around and you'll soon know what I mean.

Then, same perspective but with a Left Handed player, skater up the left side but closer to the middle of the ice, hang the puck on your forhand until you're literally on the goal line, pull it to your backhand and shoot over the goalie,

Hope that helps.

And if you're looking to make seasons of Be a Pro or whatever faster, click on the game day, press sim, and then intervene at whatever period you want, like the 3rd, or even the last 5 minutes of the 3rd.

Have fun.