Mandatory "Easy/Hard 1000/200 Discussion" Threads?

The Pants Party

I'm seeing new threads such as "Is this game easy?" - "Should I rent this?" - "Are the achievements hard?" - etc. etc. etc. in all the same game forums over and over... do you guys think it would be beneficial to just make yet another sticky for this discussion so people don't come round making their own threads, or is that just overkill for the number of stickies already on the boards?

One of the 'standard' stickies that we have is Achievement Discussion. It may not be in each of the various forums because we've all be retroactively going back through our assigned sections and adding them in. If you see any area that they should be added, I know you'll feel comfortable sending me a msg and I'll get on it for you ;)

Bonjour FugitiveToby31,

I get what you mean i have seen this on another forum site "that which shall not be named"

how about setting up a poll for games so that people who have completed a game can rate and say have each poll open for like 2 weeks a month then close the poll compile the answers and set it up that way, so it is done by the site members for the site members

Just my two cents ;)

this is a great idea, pants. i have been getting quite annoyed with multiple posting "should i buy this?" or "is this game a quick 1000?" over and over in the same game section.

i do not think we want to add another sticky to every game though. maybe we can implement a rating system, but that would be a lot of work i think. i think the Achievement Discussion threads are underused in almost every game, and could suffice for the time being for things like this...

Yeah I have seen it somewhere Mace but cannot remember what site I was on at the time as I was only looking for a guide.

They also had rateings out of 5/10 for individual achievements on the game guides.

To be honest I think a rateing of

A one day game

A week game

A month game

or a never in the month of sundays would suffice

Ha ha Lol Never in a month of Sundays me thinks Quake 4 goes there lol, well as i said i am up for helping out and i think Toby your right some rating like that will help us score whores alot easier than a 1-10 system because my one could be your 3 (cough open season cough) lol you get what i mean :)

the problem i see with those types of polls is simple ..... what i consider easy, you may consider hard... there could never really be a "good" set standard to judge this by. and just imagine how frustraited you'll start getting when you go purchase a game polled as "easy" and you gotta struggle just to get a few points. i kinda like the idea but i wouldn't trust the results =-)

Fair enough, I figure questions like those should go into achievement discussion, but for some reason people are too dim to realize that if you're asking if the achievements are easy, maybe that is considered achievement discussion. Sometimes you just have to make it absurdly easy for people...