PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 1/2/3!?

SiLV3R93
09-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Ok so I'm a HUGE gears fan, gears1 is my favourite game of all time (mp) and is by far the game I've played the most so obviously when I heard about gears 2 I was ecstatic. But Gears 2 was so different and I hated it. Now with the inevitable announcement of Gears 3 I'm pumped as I've heard that they're apparently making the mp more like Gears 1 as opposed to 2. Can anyone confirm/decline this? And which gears did you prefer: 1 or 2?

xLMx1994
09-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Ok so I'm a HUGE gears fan, gears1 is my favourite game of all time (mp) and is by far the game I've played the most so obviously when I heard about gears 2 I was ecstatic. But Gears 2 was so different and I hated it. Now with the inevitable announcement of Gears 3 I'm pumped as I've heard that they're apparently making the mp more like Gears 1 as opposed to 2. Can anyone confirm/decline this? And which gears did you prefer: 1 or 2?

i dont knwo what there doing to the MP, but i prefered gears 2 as a game, but i prefered gears 1 MP. gears 2 tried to copy halo online style, with noone joing a game mid game and you cant choose to host a public game, but halo has bad online. i do still like gears 2 online though, i got to 100 on it and am still playing it. i love horde and i have always loved annex. my 2 fave game types. i recon beast mode could beat horde though. it looks amazing.

Entity
09-08-2010, 05:36 PM
I loved the story of both Gears of War and Gears of War 2, but I preferred the Gears of War 1 ORIGINAL multi-player style simply because I could choose who I was going to join. I had some people that I HATED on live, and they would host matches. And I would back out at like 6 or 7 people which would piss others off. So if only they let the host names be known, I would not have had to do that...

Pixo
09-09-2010, 12:22 AM
They did say they were going back to that "arcadey-feel" of Gears 1... That means we'll have the same movement speed and a bunch of other things that feel like the first Gears. A lot of people don't like the slow-movement and the constant changing of the shotgun in Gears 2. They also want to get back to the larger, more "bowl-shaped, arena-like" maps.

xLMx1994
09-09-2010, 06:02 AM
They did say they were going back to that "arcadey-feel" of Gears 1... That means we'll have the same movement speed and a bunch of other things that feel like the first Gears. A lot of people don't like the slow-movement and the constant changing of the shotgun in Gears 2. They also want to get back to the larger, more "bowl-shaped, arena-like" maps.

cool, i prefered the movement in gears 1 and the maps. that should be good then.

LickableLemons7
09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
I guess since Epic is looking back at Gears 1 for more inspiration to build up to Gears 3 then it could be as good as the first. I liked the multiplayer in the first one better than Gears 2.

Starstrukk X360A
09-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I enjoyed the mutliplayer of the first game, although I had plenty fun with the second. I would love to see the multiplayer go back to how it was in the first game.

Chaos MAN
09-09-2010, 09:13 PM
I hope they make gears 3 more like gears 1. I hated the unbalanced weapons in gears of war 2.

Anthirian
09-13-2010, 05:57 PM
I've never played Gears 1 MP. I really enjoyed the SP though, just as I did with Gears 2. I don't really know which MP was better for that matter.