PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me, final season

XxBlueSpade2xX
09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm not going to spoil anything. I have a question. They aired 10 episodes and are planning to finish the season on the anniversary of 9/11. When will the season "6.5" start? Anyone know?

JeremyVersion1
09-01-2011, 08:21 AM
There's only one episode left, and the promo sends chills up my spine. I know that the episode will have a moment where a new batch of probies are being talked to by a veteran about their jobs, much like in the first season. I'm predicting (hence not a spoiler) that the person talking to the new guys will be Franco. It's a bit of a longshot, but I can see him being the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cogy2Xbqoo&feature=player_embedded

This has been my favorite show since The Shield ended. TV just isn't the same with these two shows gone.

Minty
09-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Well, that was the final episode. Surprised there's not more love for this show- been one of my favourites for a long time.

Don't want to post any spoilers, but that was a thoroughly fitting to the show, going back to how it started.

First 10 minutes were an emotional roller-coaster. I knew there was a funeral as I saw Dennis Leary on Chelsea Handler a few weeks ago and he said there was a funeral. The way they did it- brilliant.

And they still managed to get the classic humour in. I died laughing when someone shouted "OMG it's Loumeggedon" lol.

Anyone that's not watched the show, should check it out. It's a show that will make you feel for characters, and then have no issues killing them off.

Gonna miss 62 Ladder :(

The Destroyernatorer
09-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Well, that was the final episode. Surprised there's not more love for this show- been one of my favourites for a long time.

Don't want to post any spoilers, but that was a thoroughly fitting to the show, going back to how it started.

First 10 minutes were an emotional roller-coaster. I knew there was a funeral as I saw Dennis Leary on Chelsea Handler a few weeks ago and he said there was a funeral. The way they did it- brilliant.

And they still managed to get the classic humour in. I died laughing when someone shouted "OMG it's Loumeggedon" lol.

Anyone that's not watched the show, should check it out. It's a show that will make you feel for characters, and then have no issues killing them off.

Gonna miss 62 Ladder :(

I watch a lot of TV and Rescue Me is one of the finest series I've ever seen.

The adept mix of comedy and drama never felt weird and despite the bleak subject matter it was always appropriate and entertaining.

It waned a bit in the later seasons but the finale was fantastic. Some unrealistic spots slightly dented what was otherwise a really apt and engrossing end to a fantastic series. I'll definitely miss this show. :(

P.S. Best theme tune ever.

JeremyVersion1
09-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I love the finale. I like that it ended on a high note, a good change of pace from The Shield, another FX show that ended on a huge down note.

Rescue Me's blend of comedy and drama will be missed. So many shows today try to mix it up and fail miserably. The majority of shows also fail in characterization and writing, which makes this show's ending just a little sad.

All in all, it's a great show and worth watching from beginning to end. There won't be another show like it. They didn't mind putting their characters through the shit, and pulling them back out afterwards. The majority of shows on TV don't have the balls to do what Rescue Me (and The Shield for that matter) did, which is what made the show so special.