PDA

View Full Version : Don't pay to repair vehicles.

Gizmo2k
09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Not sure how much of a difference this makes to you, but there seems to be an easy work around to having to pay to repair your cars.

First, as with any nice car you rob, park it in your garage so it's saved. Then drive about, if it gets mashed up and handling goes, or speed drops, just dump the car that's mashed up anywhere, get in a new one and go to your nearest garage, and, boom, perfect condition car you just dumped.

As I said, no idea if you really care, but a useful thing to know if you've upgrade a car and it costs a small fortune to get it back to top speeds :)

NightHawk X360A
09-09-2010, 08:05 AM
it will also have the same amount of gas as when you put it in there.

SneakyofSneaks
09-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I noticed this last night, parked a wreck into the garage then went back and it said perfect! was going to go and repair it!

Master Teixi
09-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Money isn't a problem in this DLC.
When you finish the game you have aproximately $35.000

If you repeat missions to get an S-Rank you win a lot of money, and repair costs $250 if your car is only a wheel (is a joke).

Tuning the car costs aproximately $2,500, then you have 32.500 for repairs, and if one repair costs $250, you can repair your car 130 times...I don't think you'll destroy your car 130 times xD

Gizmo2k
09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Money isn't a problem in this DLC.
When you finish the game you have aproximately $35.000

If you repeat missions to get an S-Rank you win a lot of money, and repair costs $250 if your car is only a wheel (is a joke).

Tuning the car costs aproximately $2,500, then you have 32.500 for repairs, and if one repair costs $250, you can repair your car 130 times...I don't think you'll destroy your car 130 times xD
Good to know, thanks. I'm just at the start of the DLC, plan on spacing out the miles achievement and I seem to be really good and throwing my car off the freeway through the barriers with me in, seriously fucking up my car, I have no money, so this was a useful find for me :) Maybe I'll play a bit more so money's not an issue.

And, damn, S rank, only got A so far :/ Seen your name on the top of a few leaderboards, good job!

Master Teixi
09-09-2010, 09:12 AM
You can do the first car mission pressing X buton every time you finish it, because you replay the mission, but you don't load your checkpoint (is just like an "auto-teleport"), and then, you don't need to go back to the "start point".

If you have more car missions, don't do the first, do the mission that give you more money.

Darth Cuda
09-11-2010, 02:00 AM
I made an ass load of cash selling cars at the port. Luckily exportable cars spawned in the yard. However I spent about 2 ass loads of cash on my cars and had to earn more money.