PDA

View Full Version : To the people that played the BETA

Bebe Buell
09-09-2010, 10:49 AM
How was it? I have seen some videos and it looks cool, but is it cool?
I really like BF:BC2 and the CoD games(not so much MW2), and I wonder how it is compared to them. It kinda looks like BC2 and CoD made a baby, but is that so? And how noob friendly is it? MW2 had so many annoying things like Noob Tube, painkiller, last stand and commando and überpowerfull killstreaks, does this game contain alot of annoying stuff?

So basicly, should I buy this game?
Did you have a good time with the BETA?

TpYourHouse
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
I loved the beta, tons of fun. Killstreaks using a point system instead of kills is great. There is a noob tube in this game but its not that powerful. I never got a kill with it unless it was an accident. The "rubber banding" is not in the game, except for a few times I would jump through a window and get stuck in the ground or rubber band back out. Pistols aren't powerful at all, really more of a last resort.

Not much else to say but its a buy for me. If you liked Bad Company you'll like this.
(everyone has their opinions)

EDIT: The beta was awesome. I was mad when it went without me realizing it.

ONSLAUGHT o
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
My opinion i enjoyed it,have it pre-ordered,the shooting is much more better than call of duty,the hit boxes are smaller,meaning theres no more wanted style killing like in MW2,you actually have to shoot the person,rpg's have to be a direct hit to kill someone,it was pretty funny people were running around with them thinking it was call of duty,i like what they did with the pointstreaks,you can go offensive with them or defensive,i thought the pistols were pretty good and think the grenades are the ones that were useless,loved the weapons,anywho cant wait to get my tier 1 beard lol.

agentplatypus
09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
It was decent. There were some kinks, but if they get fixed I'll probably get it.

klokwerk
09-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I played it and it's as you said, a Call of Duty and Bad Company 2 baby. I enjoyed it and the point system for support is much better than just by kills. There are 2 options for each support you earn, usually one that aids you only like an air-strike, or one that aids your whole team like UAV. Aside from a few graphical glitches when I played where the gun or it's attachments would turn solid white, I enjoyed the game a lot. I think I'm going to pick up this game used after a month unless that stupid project ten dollar thing is on it, then I'll just get it new eventually.

Bebe Buell
09-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Thanks for your answers :D
Sounds great, and according to you guys it doesn't seem that noob friendly, so I'm pretty sure I'll pre-order so I can get my hands on a LE, and a Battlefield 3 BETA :D
Singleplayer looks great too, but I don't really like that they run on two different engines, Unreal Engine 3 for SP and Frostbite for MP. But I hope both of them turn out great.

M49907
09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
They made MW2 for noobs and young kids. It was the market that they were aiming at and it really shows when you play the game. Everything they added was "for new players to help get into the game". They should realize that what helps new players, is abused by everyone else. This game is more mature like Bad Company 2. I pre-ordered

blee717
09-12-2010, 01:38 PM
I liked the beta but I could do without the pause right when you die. It was a beta and you have to commend it for being that good. It looks like a lot of fun so I'm definitely getting it.

elephantd
09-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Beta blowed for me, because it lagged alllllllllllllllllll the time. The few games I got in with no lag were fun though. This is not a noob friendly game at all. When you start out you get poop weapons and no scopes, gotta earn em. Love the upgrade system.

upindat
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Only got to play this for about five minutes before my xbox crashed!!! It was awesome!! Cant wait until tuesday to play it!!

Bazz NZ
10-10-2010, 11:37 AM
How was it? I have seen some videos and it looks cool, but is it cool?
I really like BF:BC2 and the CoD games(not so much MW2), and I wonder how it is compared to them. It kinda looks like BC2 and CoD made a baby, but is that so? And how noob friendly is it? MW2 had so many annoying things like Noob Tube, painkiller, last stand and commando and überpowerfull killstreaks, does this game contain alot of annoying stuff?

So basicly, should I buy this game?
Did you have a good time with the BETA?
REALLY LAGGY, but was cool hopefully they fix the lag.