PDA

View Full Version : The Best Missions To Get Points

PhyscoticScot
09-09-2010, 01:41 PM
For all those who have gotten to a million what are the best missions to focus on after finishing. I only finished with 600,000 and i done account closed again and got 68,000 for it.

I can't seem to find the gas tanks on cars to get my multi up.

Im not usualy one to bitch but this is annoying me.

xV II Z II O Nx
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Cut the Blarney!

zeppi
09-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I think the 2 last missions are the best.you can get easy 20-25x money but i having trouble my self.was playing on easy first time and got about 600.000 overall.
The second try was on hard and get 700.000 somthing.you need to get in cover on hard.so get the x money is difficult.so i need tip my self..

sorry for the english.not so good..

Got the million now.was just to replay missions to get more score.blowing cars in missions helps alot..

jeffy x360a
09-10-2010, 02:06 AM
theres one i cant remember the name. you start the mission then hop a fence and go down an alley blowing up trucks and killing people and at the end the guy tries to hop in a car to run from you. i hit a 30x multiplier and ended up with about 180k on hard make sure you roll grenades under cars for multiple kills. the other was the one where you go to the park and you go around that observatory looking building and it is an ambush. i ended up with like 166k on that head shots and blowing up cars is priceless i actually moved a car close to me so i could blow it up to keep the combo. the rest was a breeze. didnt even have to go for score on the last 2-3 missions.

Gizmo2k
09-10-2010, 09:20 AM
I can't seem to find the gas tanks on cars to get my multi up.
Rear driver's side, just above the wheel arch. That's where I'm hitting, one shot shotgun, fairly close, KABOOOOOOOOOOOMB. Or a few pistol rounds at a safe distance ;)

Cookies1560
09-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Defintely play the mission "The Don" near the end of the game. I got over 400,000 points from a single playthrough of the mission, Just make sure to keep the chain going for as long as possible. I think I got it to about 40x. Shoot the trucks if there isnt any guys in sight, the fuel tank is easy to spot hanging down grom the left side.

SSJ3
09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Hate this the cops always kill you

Langeboy
09-11-2010, 10:51 AM
'Account Closed' mission! Just re-tried it for the second time after playing the game through, got a kill multiplier of 41 (chained all enemies and trucks in-between), and I got a total of 258k. Also a nice Rank 5 on the leaderboards for that mission! :D (Hard Mode)
I hear 'The Don' is a good one, I tried it, but I found 'Account Closed' to be much easier for lots of points.

SSJ3
09-11-2010, 11:10 AM
'Account Closed' mission! Just re-tried it for the second time after playing the game through, got a kill multiplier of 41 (chained all enemies and trucks in-between), and I got a total of 258k. Also a nice Rank 5 on the leaderboards for that mission! :D (Hard Mode)
I hear 'The Don' is a good one, I tried it, but I found 'Account Closed' to be much easier for lots of points.

Does anyone know if there is any videos of people doing this?

Poppygalaxy
09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
I would say "The Don" i got the multiplier to 50x and is easy to get 200 000 +

neeker75
09-11-2010, 12:39 PM
When you guys said "easy to chain", was it on hard? I find it impossible to chain enemies on hard. You just, you know, die? Especially when you've to fight both those thugs and the bloody cops?

RadiantViper
09-11-2010, 12:43 PM
When you guys said "easy to chain", was it on hard? I find it impossible to chain enemies on hard. You just, you know, die? Especially when you've to fight both those thugs and the bloody cops?

I got the achievement on Hard, and I didn't have to get huge chains. I rarely got a multiplier above 10-15. I never put a huge effort into getting chains - I tried for it, but if I accidentally lost it, I didn't bother retrying. The +%100 bonus makes a huge difference.

If you like, I could post all my missions scores, and then if there's one that you have trouble scoring that high, I can try to help you out.

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 12:50 PM
I just got my achievement and i have good tips. The missions THE GOOD WORD and TAKING THE MICK both where you have to beat drug pushers you can get great scores on blowing up cars.

The trick to avoiding the police is just to move fast. They will only want to try and arrest you for blowing up cars, and will only open fire when when one of them is shot or a civilian.

Any one blown up inside a car besides a cop does not affect it. I got about 100,007 on THE GOOD WORD which took me over the 1,000,000 mark. Ranked overall 3rd for that mission in the leaderboards.

It's seriously easy and im sure you can get better.

Barad
09-11-2010, 01:19 PM
I just got my achievement and i have good tips. The missions THE GOOD WORD and TAKING THE MICK both where you have to beat drug pushers you can get great scores on blowing up cars.

The trick to avoiding the police is just to move fast. They will only want to try and arrest you for blowing up cars, and will only open fire when when one of them is shot or a civilian.

Any one blown up inside a car besides a cop does not affect it. I got about 100,007 on THE GOOD WORD which took me over the 1,000,000 mark. Ranked overall 3rd for that mission in the leaderboards.

Thanks for that ill be sure to try this..

Poppygalaxy
09-11-2010, 04:55 PM
I just don't see what the point is of playing on hard, yes you get the 100% extra but its so much harder to get a high x bonus. and on the later missions that is where the real points are anyways.

Barad
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
I just don't see what the point is of playing on hard, yes you get the 100% extra but its so much harder to get a high x bonus. and on the later missions that is where the real points are anyways.

Exactly, I think most of us will have to survive on medium with a a few mission replays, I just started on medium, at 20% but only 45000 points..wtf am I doing wrong I mean I should have an average of 200k! argh!

RadiantViper
09-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Did you read my post? I'm not that great at this game I got Millionaire no problem by playing on Hard. Never had to replay a mission to get a higher score, not once.

Poppygalaxy
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Did you read my post? I'm not that great at this game I got Millionaire no problem by playing on Hard. Never had to replay a mission to get a higher score, not once.

Don't get me wrong. Im sure you can get it pretty easy on Hard but iv'e been playing on easy now and after 1 play-true i have gotten about 900 000 and easy is just ridiculously easy. And perhaps i just suck but i tried to play on hard and its not impossible. but you will die more times and it's easy to get frustrated.

aussiestatic
09-11-2010, 09:11 PM
check the other thread.

Wraithdagger
09-11-2010, 10:42 PM

THANK YOU. This really helped. I'm up to 980k right now, up about 140k after redoing those two. Now I just need to go find another mission...

neeker75
09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
RadiantViper, you're the guy with the 350,000+ scores for Lost in Transit right? So you just go around blowing up cars until you get 175,000+ (+100%=350,000+) and you ended the mission?

Where do you find so many cars to blow? Do you run around the whole docks area to find them?

Also, do you know where's the gas tank for taxis? I can't seem to blow them up with shooting.

I'm on 641,000+ at the moment at 76% complete. If I could rack up some points in the earlier, easier missions, it'd certainly help.

Thanks.

Barad
09-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Where are the gas tanks for most cars? the front bumper?

aussiestatic
09-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Just take a few hours figuring out where they are on all cars. Most small compact cars have the gas tank towards the back just above the wheel.

The pickup trucks you need to hit in the middle. The trucks you hit a large silver gas tank near the front of the car below the front wheels.

userpig
09-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Exactly, I think most of us will have to survive on medium with a a few mission replays, I just started on medium, at 20% but only 45000 points..wtf am I doing wrong I mean I should have an average of 200k! argh!

Nope, you're doin' just fine. Me myself got like 50-75K by 20% completion, and now I'm 2nd ranked on medium with 1,5mil, and I can't say that I tried hard. Closer to halfway through the DLC (after like 60% or so) you get missions where you can earn 75-150K easily (headshots+cars FTW). Just try to get S ranks for regular missions (not carjacking) and you'll get mil in no time.

neeker75
09-13-2010, 02:21 AM
Redoing carnapping missions help a lot. I redid three of them and increased my score for about 50K, and they were so easy. I just drove the cars to the safe zone, but didn't park them. Went around blowing up cars before the timer ends, and then parked them just at the dead. My previous scores were all in the region of 2-3K, now I'm doing 10-20K per carnapping mission. I'm gonna redo most of them to try to boost further.

88% and at 841,000+ at the moment (i.e., four more missions to go?). I think I can do it.

Cyquest
09-27-2010, 04:14 AM
Would definitely recommend Account Closed - I got almost 300K of points on that mission alone. Think I had over 50x multiplier. There's also a ton of time. Just the usual routine - do the mission objectives - go near the safe zone at the end, but just run around and blow up cars. Never shoot cops - they'll just train behind you as you run down the street destroying cars. You can even take the cops out by destroying a car near them with the resulting splash damage and it won't increase your stars above 2. As long as the stars are at 2, the cops will never shoot you. Just shoot cars.

Keep an eye on the timer - once it gets low, just run over and finish the mission.

Roar. :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Credit to the Aussie though - great points in the threads on this technique. Thanks,

XBOX ISAAC82
10-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Ok, I really don't understand why everyone is saying do the last missions for extra points. It is all about the multipliers, i.e. blow the fuck out of as many vehicles as possible. I completed the game on hard and finished on about 775,000 points. I found re-doing the car missions was netting me about 30k for each one. This involved getting the car back to the garage as quick as possible and then going round blowing up fuel tanks. That was good but then I thought about the first few missions and how much time you had left to get to the save zone once you had done the initial objective.

This is what I did. Go to the "Lost in Transit" mission which I believe is the first mission that you start on after your out of jail. If you cannot remember where that it is, it is in the bottom right hand corner of the map in Oyster Bay near the docks. Start it up and do the initial objective as quick as possible, trying to get head shots if you can. Now drive back to near the save zone but drive past until your in an area with plenty of cars which should be no more then a block or two away. Now make your way down the street with the shotgun blowing up fuel tanks, but making sure you never directly aim at a person or especially a police officer or police car in case you shoot them by accident. This will ensure your wanted level never goes above 2 stars which means the police will not shoot at you and just continue to follow you down the street. You need to ensure you string these explosions together so knowing where the fuels tanks are on certain vehicles is a must. Also if your half way up a street and there are no more cars left either turn back on yourself or leave the last car until you are well past it which will mean your multiplier bar will last that bit longer. I got up to 85+ multiplier before I saved and I still had quarter of the clock left. My final score was 882,150 for a single mission and put me into second highest score for that mission. Check my score of the Leaderboard if you like.

Note: Make sure you are fully loaded on as many weapons as possible. Go to gun shop and/or Harry's Army and Navy first if you don't have much ammo.

NKas nl
10-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I am at 20% of THE game and got 200 k is That good or not?

XBOX ISAAC82
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I am at 20% of THE game and got 200 k is That good or not?

You really don't need to worry what you have. Use the above method and you'll be laughing.