PDA

View Full Version : Calling all metal fans

Morbido
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
With the set list of both this and the newest GH being poor at best for people who appreciate the heavier side of hard rock. Heres your chance to list what you want in RB4 or whatever number GH is up too. You have heard that next years game will have 90 tracks and you have the chance to put in a third of them. So whether it be classic heavy metal or one man bedroom black metal bands its up to you. The only thing I would limit are songs that have already appeared in previous rhythm games, whether on disc or dlc.

Here goes

1. 1349 - Nathicana
2. Behemoth - Chant of the Eastern Lands
3. Birdflesh - External Wounds of Vagina Power
4. Blut Aus Nord - Slaughterday (The Heathen Blood of Ours)
5. Burzum - Dunkelheit
6. Children of Bodom - Kissing the Shadows
7. Cradle of Filth - Summer Dying Fast
8. Darkthrone - Natassja in Eternal Sleep
9. Demons and Wizards - Terror Train
10. Dragonforce - Soldiers of the Wasteland
11. Drudkh - Skies at our Feet
12. Emperor - Inno a Satana
13. Ensiferum - Battle Song
14. Fen - As Buried Spirits Stir
15. Finntroll - Skogens Hamnd
16. Iron Maiden - Paschendale
17. Mastodon - Naked Burn
18. Mayhem - Carnage
19. The Meads of Asphodel - Falling with Lightning Rays Beamed through the Blazing Firmament Towards the Untented Burial Ground of Kharsag
20. Megadeth - FFF
21. Morbid Angel - Chapel of Ghouls
22. Metallica - Leper Messiah
23. Old Corpse Road - The Witch of Wookey Hole
24. Opeth - The Moor
25. Pantera - Hollow
26. Secrets of the Moon - Queen Among Rats
27. Slayer - Skeletons of Society
28. Strapping Young Lad - All Hail the new Flesh
29. Taake - Vid I
30. Wintersun - Starchild

And yes I know that there are other 'wishlist threads'. But I was sick of trawling through lists that included the Offspring, Britney Spears or whatever shite the tone deaf mainstream are into.

If your not into metal - dont click on the thread.

mikachu93
09-09-2010, 06:27 PM
And yes I know that there are other 'wishlist threads'. But I was sick of trawling through lists that included the Offspring, Britney Spears or whatever shite the tone deaf mainstream are into.
Huh, what a coincidence. We both hate the music of the tone deaf. So what is all that metal doing on your setlist?

See what I did there?

Anyways, if there are other wishlist threads already, use them. We don't need a new one every time someone is pissed at seeing something they don't like in another.

SebastianSB
09-10-2010, 02:58 AM
RB4? Forget that. It's all about the DLC.

Morbido
09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Huh, what a coincidence. We both hate the music of the tone deaf. So what is all that metal doing on your setlist?

See what I did there?

Anyways, if there are other wishlist threads already, use them. We don't need a new one every time someone is pissed at seeing something they don't like in another.

Yet another member off the internet police. Get off your high horse pal.

And tip, if your making a joke/trying to be clever. It doesnt really work if you then have to explain yourself.

Like I said if you dont like metal, bugger off. Enjoy the x factor.

Starstrukk X360A
09-13-2010, 11:29 AM

And tip, if your making a joke/trying to be clever. It doesnt really work if you then have to explain yourself.

Ya dun goof'd!
CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

animeaddict42
09-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Yes, because everything is either metal or shitty as the stuff on X Factor.

Anyway, of the songs I know on that list, and the few I just listened to, that is a very impressive list and would be amazing for any rhythm game. I would contribute, but all of my choices would be the more mainstream and obvious choices (or already released), choices that the more elitist metalheads would get on my ass about as "not metal enough" or some such nonsense.

BTW, I am insulted that you included Offspring and that talentless hack Spears in the same sentence. :p

Morbido
09-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, because everything is either metal or shitty as the stuff on X Factor.

Anyway, of the songs I know on that list, and the few I just listened to, that is a very impressive list and would be amazing for any rhythm game. I would contribute, but all of my choices would be the more mainstream and obvious choices (or already released), choices that the more elitist metalheads would get on my ass about as "not metal enough" or some such nonsense.

BTW, I am insulted that you included Offspring and that talentless hack Spears in the same sentence. :p

Im not saying all forms of music other than metal are 'shitty', far from it. I enjoy anything from 60s pop to hardcore punk to a bit of country.

And I would rather mainstream metal was included over the likes of Miley Cyrus and Snoop Dog. After all it is 'rock' band and any form of metal/hard rock is welcomed over the commercial crap they are starting to include.

mikachu93
09-17-2010, 06:37 PM
And I would rather mainstream metal was included over the likes of Miley Cyrus and Snoop Dog. After all it is 'rock' band and any form of metal/hard rock is welcomed over the commercial crap they are starting to include.
And this is exactly the kind of mentality that I have a problem with. Just because you don't like Miley Cyrus or Snoop Dogg doesn't mean other people shouldn't be able to play the songs in the game. Believe it or not, there are people who don't like metal and can easily turn your post around in their favor.

You can toss around your "It's called Rock Band, not All-Encompassing Music Band!" argument until the day you die; in the end, it's just a name. I'd take the "commercial crap" like Snoop Dogg over Cannibal Corpse and White Chapel any day.

Steadysphere
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
I hate the attitude 'if it's not metal it's crap'. You seem to forget that if it wasn't for 'Helter Skelter' by the Beatles, which is possibly the dawn of Metal from a band as far from metal as you can think, then your precious little genre probably wouldn't exist.

Dustinator
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
After all it is 'rock' band and any form of metal/hard rock is welcomed over the commercial crap they are starting to include.

You probably hate on guitar hero too since it includes a full band huh? It's called "Guitar Hero" not Instrument Hero. You shouldn't be able to play bass, drums or sing in Guitar Hero. Man, I hate it when publishers/developers try to expand things to cater to other people. What about ME?!?!?! :mad:

Morbido
09-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I hate the attitude 'if it's not metal it's crap'.

Read the first paragraph of my third post.

Morbido
09-25-2010, 03:03 PM
You probably hate on guitar hero too since it includes a full band huh? It's called "Guitar Hero" not Instrument Hero. You shouldn't be able to play bass, drums or sing in Guitar Hero. Man, I hate it when publishers/developers try to expand things to cater to other people. What about ME?!?!?! :mad:

No, I think both GH & RB are great.

Morbido
09-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I just find it bemusing that very little 'extreme' metal is included in either games. And some metal songs have lyrics cut. i.e. Maidens Two Minutes to Midnight on GH5. I am aware of other genres getting lyrics cut too, so dont have a pop at me for neglecting other forms of music.

I mean its just a song, can we not have "to kill the unborn in the womb" without some tosser moaning. I like black metal and theres no chance of any songs getting included from that sub-genre. Why? Cos it will offend the god squad. For fucks sake, its 2010!

One final thing. All of you who hate metal, a quick question. Why on earth would you click on a thread called 'calling all metal fans'?

If something does not interest you, why go out of your way to comment on it? To me it suggests that there are an awfull lot of people out there, with far to much time on their hands.

mikachu93
09-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I just find it bemusing that very little 'extreme' metal is included in either games. And some metal songs have lyrics cut. i.e. Maidens Two Minutes to Midnight on GH5. I am aware of other genres getting lyrics cut too, so dont have a pop at me for neglecting other forms of music.

I mean its just a song, can we not have "to kill the unborn in the womb" without some tosser moaning. I like black metal and theres no chance of any songs getting included from that sub-genre. Why? Cos it will offend the god squad. For fucks sake, its 2010!

One final thing. All of you who hate metal, a quick question. Why on earth would you click on a thread called 'calling all metal fans'?

If something does not interest you, why go out of your way to comment on it? To me it suggests that there are an awfull lot of people out there, with far to much time on their hands.
Guitar Hero usually goes overboard with the censoring; Rock Band lets a lot more pass than you'd ever see in the competition, but you still have instances where songs like Sir Psycho Sexy by the Chili Peppers might as well have been excluded from the pack because it's just that bad.

Personally, I think a word is just a word, and people should leave it at that. However, if Harmonix left things like "Deep inside the garden of Eden, standing there with my hard on bleedin'. There's a devil in my dick and some demons in my semen" and "Creamy beaver, hotter than a fever. I'm a givin' 'cause she's the receiver" in a song, the ESRB would have no choice but to give the game an M rating, meaning their target audience is drastically cut. (Yeah, I know kids by M-rated games all the time.)

Final note. I realize that your closing statement was directed at no one in specific, but I don't hate metal at all. I listen to Dream Theater, Within Temptation, Opeth, Mastodon, System of a Down. You get the idea. I love symphonic metal more than any other sub-genre, and I feel it is severely underrepresented in the game (outside the Rock Band Network, and even that is filled with the screamo and metalcore music I can't really get into).

Des
09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Few gems in there. You could get a much better Ensiferum song though IMO, don't get me wrong, Battle song is awesome, it just wouldn't be my first pick. Lost in Despair, Ahti, or One more magic potion would be mine.

Also man, whats with the hate on offspring? :(

SebastianSB
09-27-2010, 02:23 AM

That lyric isn't censored in the Rock Band version. Songs like Hammer Smashed Face have also gone through almost entirely uncensored. You can get away with pretty violent stuff in Rock Band lyrics, though the sex and swears will still be censored.

Gotta love the nonsensical decency standards we have in media :p

GUNSLiiNGER
09-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Add some As blood runs black (in dying days or my fears have become phobias) and maybe some dethklok along with all the bands you listed and that would be my wish list :)

Morbido
09-28-2010, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=mikachu93;3546405] "Deep inside the garden of Eden, standing there with my hard on bleedin'. There's a devil in my dick and some demons in my semen"

Who the hell sings that? Sounds like the lyrics of a mentally challenged 12 year old.

I can understand why that would be censored. But actually having intelligent lyrics that challenge the point of religion, still would not make it past the censors for fear of upsetting the religious. You only have to read one of the reviews on the american amazon for rock band1 to see how ludicrous some peoples opinions are. Look for the 1* review and the guy going off his trolley about the line "jesus christ, deny your maker". Cant remember who sings it, but pretty sure it has 'box' in the song name.

I thought america (where the game is made) was a country where free speech is encouraged. To not include a whole sub-genre just because it might unsettle a few people who beleive some mumbo-jumbo fairytale is rather worrying.

mikachu93
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Who the hell sings that? Sounds like the lyrics of a mentally challenged 12 year old.

I can understand why that would be censored. But actually having intelligent lyrics that challenge the point of religion, still would not make it past the censors for fear of upsetting the religious. You only have to read one of the reviews on the american amazon for rock band1 to see how ludicrous some peoples opinions are. Look for the 1* review and the guy going off his trolley about the line "jesus christ, deny your maker". Cant remember who sings it, but pretty sure it has 'box' in the song name.

I thought america (where the game is made) was a country where free speech is encouraged. To not include a whole sub-genre just because it might unsettle a few people who beleive some mumbo-jumbo fairytale is rather worrying.
Anthony Kiedis, from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But that wasn't really my point...

Rock Band encourages people to sing the words on the screen, and penalizes people for choosing not to. When people are encouraged to sing anything that might be offensive (be it their religion or upbringing or whatever) or might require a M rating (meaning gamers under 17 can't legally buy the game on their own in America), that means the target audience may be severely impacted.

Besides, the sub-genre is hardly neglected, especially because of the lyrics. The Network is full of songs like that.

And yes. This is America. That's exactly why Harmonix chooses to release the content they do the way they do.

Tim1601
09-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Oh I love how metal heads all seem to think themselves and their music is superior to everybody else somehow.

RealistIdealist
10-01-2010, 07:56 PM
It seems to me that in RB1 we had quite a few pop and knowable songs to get us used to the game and in RB2 they had way more metal, most of the hard songs were metal in some way or another. Now we're going towards songs with keys (duh) and I don't get why you're complaining about it...Just play the game for fun and not just for your genre. Heck last game (RB2) I didn't get much classic rock (favorite genre) but I still liked the game quite a lot.

Morbido
10-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Besides, the sub-genre is hardly neglected, especially because of the lyrics. The Network is full of songs like that.

If 'The Network' is the Rock Band library, then your wrong. There is not a single black metal track.

Morbido
10-02-2010, 05:52 PM
It seems to me that in RB1 we had quite a few pop and knowable songs to get us used to the game and in RB2 they had way more metal, most of the hard songs were metal in some way or another. Now we're going towards songs with keys (duh) and I don't get why you're complaining about it...Just play the game for fun and not just for your genre. Heck last game (RB2) I didn't get much classic rock (favorite genre) but I still liked the game quite a lot.

Im in no way 'complaining'. I would just like to see more metal in up coming games/dlc

institutions
10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
There will always be people bitching no matter what the setlist is.

Until they introduce "Rock Band: Me" that has the ability when you touch the disc to transform the setlist to your liking, people will complain.

Personally, I dislike metal except some progressive and sludge like Mastodon and Baroness. I also dislike commercial pop crap. I like the way they make their setlist now, a mix of all styles.

SebastianSB
10-02-2010, 09:44 PM
If 'The Network' is the Rock Band library, then your wrong. There is not a single black metal track.

There are three songs listed as black metal on Rock Band Network and four more on the way.

Here already:

Bornholm - Where the Light Was Born (Thule Ultima A Sole Nomen Habens)
Emperor - Inno A Satana (Live)
Emperor - Curse You All Men! (Live)

On the way:

Dimmu Borgir - The Serpentine Offering
Ludicra - Veils
Morgawr - Lindisfarne
Nachtmystium - Nightfall

If your favorite obscure black metal band isn't in the game or on the way, then that's their fault. Thanks to RBN it's not exactly hard to get music into the game.

Morbido
10-03-2010, 01:50 PM
There will always be people bitching no matter what the setlist is.

Until they introduce "Rock Band: Me" that has the ability when you touch the disc to transform the setlist to your liking, people will complain.

Personally, I dislike metal except some progressive and sludge like Mastodon and Baroness. I also dislike commercial pop crap. I like the way they make their setlist now, a mix of all styles.

Are you mentally challenged? Im not bitching about what genres are included. I am fully aware that on the disc they have to cater towards all musical tastes.

I started this thread to give other metal fans a chance to choose 30 songs that they would like to see in future releases. Without having to view others lists that included genres that I dislike.

The sole purpose was to gage what other metal fans wanted in the next RB/GH. Its not really rocket science.

And like I said before if you dont like metal, what are you doing clicking on the thread.

Morbido
10-03-2010, 01:53 PM
There are three songs listed as black metal on Rock Band Network and four more on the way.

Here already:

On the way:

Ludicra - Veils
Morgawr - Lindisfarne
Nachtmystium - Nightfall

If your favorite obscure black metal band isn't in the game or on the way, then that's their fault. Thanks to RBN it's not exactly hard to get music into the game.

Ok, my apologies. I was not aware of the above tracks being available.

I will get online after the football and download Inno a Satana.:)

Sampson
10-04-2010, 01:15 AM
There's a few songs that I like, but I hope the other songs will be better.... wait, isn't the setlist out? Gotta go take a look!

institutions
10-04-2010, 02:34 AM
I started this thread to give other metal fans a chance to choose 30 songs that they would like to see in future releases. Without having to view others lists that included genres that I dislike.

Not many things on the internet make me actually laugh out loud but this did.

If you don't like the lists others are posting, scroll past them. This is a horribly unneeded thread. If everyone was allowed their own thread because "they don't like others tastes", the forum would be clogged with them. I don't know what makes you think you're so special that you need your own anyway.

Morbido
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Not many things on the internet make me actually laugh out loud but this did.

If you don't like the lists others are posting, scroll past them. This is a horribly unneeded thread. If everyone was allowed their own thread because "they don't like others tastes", the forum would be clogged with them. I don't know what makes you think you're so special that you need your own anyway.

Fair enough, me saying that I only wanted songs that I liked probably came across as arogant. But it was not meant too, all I was after was seeing what metal others wanted in futre releases.

But for a 'horribly unneeded thread' their are an awful lot of you going out of your way to comment on it.

Like I said before, if you dont like metal why on earth would you click on a thread specifically aimed at it.

If the mods want to shut it down, go for it. Its just become an area for people with far to much time on their hands to try and start petty arguements.

Morbido
10-04-2010, 06:33 PM

Here already:

On the way:

Ludicra - Veils
Morgawr - Lindisfarne
Nachtmystium - Nightfall

This might sound like a daft question, but here goes. Can you clarify that the Rock Band Network is the same as the Store thing that you download?
Its the thing that actually comes up as a game you have played (GH has something similar). When on it you can get stuff for RB1/2, LRB, RB-GD and RB-The Beatles. Because when I use it none of the three songs you have listed are there.

Cheers.

mikachu93
10-04-2010, 09:32 PM
This might sound like a daft question, but here goes. Can you clarify that the Rock Band Network is the same as the Store thing that you download?
Its the thing that actually comes up as a game you have played (GH has something similar). When on it you can get stuff for RB1/2, LRB, RB-GD and RB-The Beatles. Because when I use it none of the three songs you have listed are there.

Cheers.
Sadly, you can't access the Network through the downloadable Rock Band Music Store. In Rock Band 2, it's the option right below Rock Band Music Store; in Rock Band 3, I believe the Network songs will be integrated right into the main store with the regular DLC.

I wouldn't be able to tell you why (I'm going to hope it's a programming issue, and not neglect), but I do think it's a shame. I prefer that store's interface to the in-game store.

SebastianSB
10-05-2010, 12:39 AM

Cheers.

The RBN tab here comes in handy for downloading tracks without loading up the game:

http://dlcquickplay.com/dlc.php?sub=2

Bornholm - Where the Light Was Born (Thule Ultima A Sole Nomen Habens) http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000219-0000-4000-8000-000045410869 (80)

Emperor - Inno A Satana (Live) http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/8000040d-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom (160)

Emperor - Curse You All Men! (Live) http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/8000040b-0000-4000-8000-000045410869?cid=RockBandCom&partner=RockBandCom (160)

Morbido
10-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the info guys. And I apologise for my ignorance once again.:)

mikachu93
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys. And I apologise for my ignorance once again.:)
Ehh, no reason to apologize.

My apologies for starting the shit storm earlier.