PDA

View Full Version : beginning to end?

Awoodog
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
okay so i bet this has been answered but through 5 pages i didnt see it. to get alan, wake up (beat the game on insane) you must start a new game and hit continue game every time? you cant do the episodes out of order, correct?

amacteur
09-10-2010, 07:50 AM
okay so i bet this has been answered but through 5 pages i didnt see it. to get alan, wake up (beat the game on insane) you must start a new game and hit continue game every time? you cant do the episodes out of order, correct?

When you finish the game on normal/hard, you'll unlock nightmare mode.

Before starting your 2nd playthrough on nightmare, i advise to replay chapters to unlock misc. achievements and collect what you missed (thermos, pages, etc...).

Then, you start a new game and complete it on nightmare to unlock "Alan Wake up". Actually, you have to continue game through the end. Hope this help ;)

asdfen
09-10-2010, 11:19 AM
you can do it chapter at a time. At least I did it chapter at a time.

What you do need to remember however is that you have to beat previous chapters on the higher difficulties before proceeding to next.

I was doing it like this. Collecting all the stuff I missed on easy, then doing same chapter on nightmare. Was really easy since I would remember where all the additional ammo was and checkpoints and stuff.

MetalMudkip
09-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I actually did all my missed collectibles on Nightmare, as it isn't that hard, as what's the point in playing the game 3 times when you can just do 2?

Strato Streak
09-16-2010, 06:10 AM
I actually did all my missed collectibles on Nightmare, as it isn't that hard, as what's the point in playing the game 3 times when you can just do 2?

Dude what? Whats the point? I'm not trying to be an asshole, but damne, whats the point in watching the same movie twice or listening to the same album 20,000 times, or playing a game three times? I played Dead Space 3 times, loved every second of it! FFVII must've been played at least 5 times, and so on...

If I pay 60 euros for a game, I'd be far happier to be able to play it many many times than just trying to play it and get all the achievements in the most efficient manner. I beat Alan Wake for the 2nd time 2 days ago, got all the ach except nightmare, and I am really looking forward to the 3rd play through. I think I may even understand the story once I'm done...probably not though.