PDA

View Full Version : ROOM SERVICE - Wierdest Glitch EVER!

BenWo
09-10-2010, 10:10 AM
***Sorry can someone post this in the Mafia 2 forum, i didn't mean to post this in JV***

OK... i swear to god i am not making this up!

***SPOILERS***

I was doing chapter 9, and everything was going fine, i came out of the sewers and went to buy my nice suit, the mission marker switched to "Return to So and so" (forgot his name) so i went back there no problem completed the mission and started chapter 10..

Now this is where things get wierd...

I decided that before continuing i would go back to the nice clothes store and buy some more suits, but... as i bought my first suit the marker appeared on the map again "return to so and so" so now i had 2 objective markers on my map, so the game thought i was still on the end of chapter 9!

I went to the marker just to see what would happen and the restaurant was shut so i couldn't go in anyway... so i decided to ignore this and proceed with the game, after i finished chapter 10 i got no Achievement for completing it.. and the marker for "return to so and so" was still there!

Loading my game from the main screen made no difference and retarting the mission also still gave me both markers!!!

The only way to stop it was going back to chapter 9 and playing all the way through to 11 again without going to the store!!

So annoying and really quite strange...

Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

~~~EDIT~~~ OMG This actually happens EVERYTIME i try and buy clothes from "Vangel's"

As soon as a buy anything from the shop in chapter 10 it instantly says "Return To The Falcon" and i have 2 mission markers!!!

Can anyone confirm if this happens to them, this is really annoying because it's like i'm not allowed to buy anything from that shop!

Murgatroyd7
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Definitely not the weirdest glitch ever, but I can confirm that it's not just you. I'm actually glad you posted this because I couldn't figure out what was causing the glitch; I just knew that it happened right after stealing a suit from a clothing shop. I don't know if it was the same shop, though. Have you tried others?

BenWo
09-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Yeah.. It's just that shop though i can now confirm that it's only on Chapter 10 that this occurs.. For some reason when you buy something from this shop it assumes you've done so for the end of Chapter 9.. Very wierd.

P.S. Agreed it's not the wierdest glich ever, that was an overkill but in the heat of the moment it really bothered me.

Murgatroyd7
09-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Weird, I guess it must've started for me on Chapter 10 as well. Well, no matter, hopefully it gets patched, although I don't really have to worry about it anymore.

And no worries about the "weirdest glitch ever" comment; I was just giving you a hard time. When I spend a lot of time talking to gamers online, I start getting a little snotty. Heh.

BenWo
09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Lol No probs man. :)