PDA

View Full Version : Technique to unlock achievements when online already unlocked ?

EA Shenron
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
hi guys, a friend of mine told me about a technique he used to unlock all DLC achievements although he already had 1000 G on the original game. It seems pretty simpole : delete your save and create a new EA account.If you don't believe it, check his account. GT : Dark I Spartan

I've tried it, I've deleted my save (not a big loss because I lost all my datas after an update, thanks again EA) and created a new account. BUT I can not link my gamertag to my new account because it's already linked to my former account. If anyone knows how to link my GT to my new account, tell me and I'll tell you if this really works. Or if you want to try it yourself and got god results, let us know. My theory is that with no news coming from EA about an update any method worth trying.

If it's a fake, sorry about that.

pauly_27
09-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Well I just checked your friend's gamercard, and it looks legit enough. He definitely unlocked the DLC achievements after unlocking the original online ones, and they have a time stamp, which would suggest he unlocked them legit as well.

Has to be worth a try, guys. I'd try it out for you myself, but I don't have any secondary accounts that have gold status at the moment.

FarmerJay
09-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I am trying this now. I just had EA transfer my gamertag to a new account that I made. I deleted all my saves, but the in game statistics are saved in your gamertag, so they are still there. And I am doubting that this will work. But I will update once i get past chapter 8.

I just finished chapter 8 and should have gotten multiple achievements but unfortunately it did not work for me. I messaged that guy asking how he did it and he just said to phone EA to change your gamertag over. So hopefully someone else will have better luck.

EA Shenron
09-10-2010, 11:23 PM
I'll phone EA tomorrow morning to transfer my GT and tell you if I'm more lucky.

FarmerJay
09-10-2010, 11:25 PM
I just used their live chat support. Took about 10 minutes.

Son of Kyuss
09-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm really, really, REALLY, hoping that this does work. If it is successful then much joy will be had amongst the owners of The 40th Day.

EA Shenron
09-11-2010, 09:32 AM
No news fro now because I can't get my gamertag linked to my new account; I can only ask for EA to do it for me ba email. Here, in France, we don't have a live chat support. So it might take up to 48 hours. in any case, i'll post here to tell what happened, I hope for the best.

pauly_27
09-11-2010, 12:08 PM
No news fro now because I can't get my gamertag linked to my new account; I can only ask for EA to do it for me ba email. Here, in France, we don't have a live chat support. So it might take up to 48 hours. in any case, i'll post here to tell what happened, I hope for the best.

Good luck! hope this works out for you guys. :)

S1L3NTFEAR
09-12-2010, 02:13 AM
Does this really work?

MeeT KurTinZ
09-12-2010, 03:03 AM
subscribed and awaiting confirmation.....good find if this works!

EA Shenron
09-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Well guys, It's a failure. They've answered me only today and that's why I've been so long to answer.

My gamertag whas been transfered to my new ea account and I had all my gamesaves deleted. I even re-downloaded the DLC and no achievement popped during chapter 8.

I suppose I shouldn't have linked my new account to my game when playing online. (I went to see the mask and press A to connect to EA server). if someone want to try without doing so and keep us informed about what happened.

I've asked EA to clean my stats on their server because they were completely broken due to an update. i'm waiting for an aswer and will try again then.

FarmerJay
09-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I suppose I shouldn't have linked my new account to my game when playing online.

I don't think it would have mattered... I was offline and xbox off while the guy was linking my account. And I still had no luck. Let me know if they clear your stat, if so, I will give it a try too.

Warfighter1000
09-14-2010, 12:38 AM
I am so sick of glitched achievements. especially when i have to pay for it like the chapters of deceit if they dont fix this i will not buy anymore of ea's crap.

EA Shenron
09-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Let me know if they clear your stat, if so, I will give it a try too.

here's a part of their answer : "Stats and achievements are under microsoft supervision. We do not have acces to their servers and therefore cannot clear your stats."

It's a neverending story : On EA website, my account shows achievements unlocked although I've got them unlocked on my xbox profile. And some other achievements are shown unlokced on EA website and not on xbox.com

Soory for that thread, I was really confident this time but it seems that fate is stronger than my will this time. I'll stay compliant with my ploicy : "Do not buy any EA game/DLC until they've patched AoT : TFD." ME2 shall wait.

But i'll keep trying countless time until I'll unlock them, and this day will come sooner or later !

JeanRob
09-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a long time.
Looks like the only way to unlock the achievements is a patch. Or the other method...

Acheru
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't been around for a long time.
Looks like the only way to unlock the achievements is a patch. Or the other method...
Other method?

FarmerJay
09-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Other method?

Yes, it's frowned upon and a bannable offense. And I don't even think it's allowed to be discussed here.

Unluckyclover
09-16-2010, 02:43 AM
but how did the guy unlock these if we are determining that this method does not work?

EA Shenron
09-16-2010, 09:11 AM
but how did the guy unlock these if we are determining that this method does not work?

2 possibilities :
- he used the aforementionned technique but with something slightly different from what we've tried
- he used the other method

I've told him what I've tried and no achievement popped. So I asked if he did something different from me and since I have no answer (3 days now). That makes me choose the second possibility. Shame

Acheru
09-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Yes, it's frowned upon and a bannable offense. And I don't even think it's allowed to be discussed here.
Oh, I get it.
Sorry for being so naive! :)

AntoMUFC
09-17-2010, 08:50 AM
I can confirm Dark I Spartan used 'the other method' to obtain these achievements.

I'm a Computer Programmer by trade and upon inspection of the code M$ use I discovered:

_xbcDisplayDate(8, 10, 2010, 14, 30);

This function converts them numbers into a Date local to your own time zone. as you can see ALL the achievements were unlocked at 14:30 on the same day, which is impossible because how can u complete Chapter 8 and 9 at the exact same time

Shame..... We continue to wait

EA Shenron
09-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm a Computer Programmer by trade and upon inspection of the code M$ use I discovered:

_xbcDisplayDate(8, 10, 2010, 14, 30);

This function converts them numbers into a Date local to your own time zone. as you can see ALL the achievements were unlocked at 14:30 on the same day, which is impossible because how can u complete Chapter 8 and 9 at the exact same time

I didn't see the same things :
_xbcDisplayDate(8, 10, 2010, 14, 40) for chapter nine
_xbcDisplayDate(8, 10, 2010, 14, 10) for chapter eight

every achievement has a different time so It may be possible to unlock them legit. I will give it an other try some day.

AntoMUFC
09-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I didn't see the same things :
_xbcDisplayDate(8, 10, 2010, 14, 40) for chapter nine
_xbcDisplayDate(8, 10, 2010, 14, 10) for chapter eight

every achievement has a different time so It may be possible to unlock them legit. I will give it an other try some day.

Dates/Times all come up the same in my browser . . .

rollerjay
09-21-2010, 08:37 AM
Train wrecked

Complete Chapter 9 on any difficulty level.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/cQ/0g/04CLiGJhbC81CRsFG1lTWUQ4L2FjaC8wLzNBAAAAAOfn5-wPDW0=.jpg
50 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Acquired 9/10/2010 3:40 PM

Hit & Miss

Complete Chapter 8 on any difficulty level.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Ix/dV/04CLiGJhbC9HCBsFG1lTWUQ4L2FjaC8wLzIzAAAAAOfn5-x6Fz8=.jpg
50 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif
Acquired 9/10/2010 3:10 PM

Shows different times for me too.

F TANK
09-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Forgive me for what I will suggest, and technically you'll still be putting the work in; but is it possible to get them on a dummy profile on your 360 and then do the (*ahem*, cough cough) with 2 controllers? or would that not work?

Not that I would ever consider/condone this under normal circumstances, but we paid for this and are getting no service not to mention I'm guessing we all put more than enough effort into getting these achievements several times over. I'm amazed Microsoft has this overly-intricate, backed-up QA/approval process and **** like this still manages to fly past them and the best we get is a run-around with them pointing the finger at EA and EA pointing the blame back at Microsoft

Snoop QC
09-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Like every one of you guys I'm still hoping EA will fix those glitchy achievements we paid with unglitched money. I just sent an email to Santa about this, maybe we'll get a present for christmas!

ReapingEcho
10-15-2010, 11:08 PM
I honetsly don't see the problem with glitching glitched achievements in most games now days. If they are unobtainable legit then make them attainable unlegit. Maybe these dumbass shitty video game companies should fix their stuff. Never bought this game because these are glitched but I heard you can get them if you do the glitched achievements first.

Matthias King
12-03-2010, 02:10 AM
I read a bulletin on the front page that the Ghostbusters achievements had finally been patched, and it reminded me of this, so I thought I'd check in on here and see if EA finally fixed these. So still no luck yet after all this time?

It's a shame too because I genuinely enjoyed Ao2:TFD a helluva lot. I was excited when the DLC was announced, but then I never got it due to the achievements being glitched, and also I heard there was a patch to facilitate the DLC that caused a lot of people's save games to reset or delete or some wierd stuff. Is that part true?

JeanRob
12-03-2010, 11:59 AM
the DLC that caused a lot of people's save games to reset or delete or some wierd stuff. Is that part true?
Some people, including Shenron, got their stats totally wiped.

Matthias King
12-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Ouch, that sucks. I heard about that and was quite wary of it. I thought about getting CoD anyway, despite the achievements being glitched, just to play it and just hope a patch comes out eventually, because I really like the game itself, but the chance of all my stats and game saves getting zapped made me reconsider.

I really wish they'd fix this whole mess because I really like the game a lot. If it weren't for these problems I'd probably rate the game somewhere around 9.5/10. I like it that much.

King Shaneo
12-04-2010, 04:26 PM
I check here once a month, I don't think EA will patch this they don't give a lala about it's gamers.