PDA

View Full Version : Survival Night Hard

Mister Buds
09-11-2010, 03:36 PM
trying to unlock endless survival mode, but i've hit a brick wall with this level.

failed five times now on the ninth flag. getting extremely annoying. does anyone have a foolproof strategy?

EDIT: finally did it. here's what my final set-up looked like, if anyone wants to know.
sf = sunflower; ds = double sunflower; ps = puff shroom; rp = repeater; gp = gatling pea; tw = torchwood.
the third and sixth columns all had pumpkings on them as well.

sf ds rp gp gp tw ps ps
sf ds rp gp gp tw ps ps
sf ds rp gp gp tw ps ps
sf ds rp gp gp tw ps ps
sf ds rp gp gp tw ps ps

oO CurrY Oo
10-19-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks for this will have to give this a try.

Dcon6393
10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
here is another setup for anyone who needs it
also recommended you have all ten seed slots, makes it easier
wm -winter melon ds-double sunflower gs-gloom shroom gp-gatling pea tw- torchwood sr-spikeweed/spikerock

wm ds gp gp tw gs sr sr sr

good idea for your first pickup to be:
sunflower
scaredy shroom (where winter melons would go until you can get the funds)
puff shroom (line the front rows with these)
repeater, place in 4th row to start (dont set up til whole back line is covered with scaredy shrooms, and next two are sunflowers (single))
fume shroom 4th row from the right after back row is set
gloom shroom right after each fume shroom is planted, start in the middle 3 rows and then work on the outside
pumpkin focus of fume shrooms first with these
gatling pea once you have gloom shrooms set up
spikeweed same as gatling pea, pepper them in front of gloom shrooms
torchwoods same as gatling pea

Note: maybe switch spikeweed for double sun on day one

After this intial setup up on day one switch scaredy shroom for melonpult, sunflower for double sunflower. Everytime you place a double sun on the second column delete the sunflower in front and place a repeater.

At flag 4 get rid of cannon fodder (puff shrooms) for something like spikeweed

At flag 6 you might want to switch out double suns, torchwoods, and repeaters and put in spikerocks, spikeweeds, and imitator pumpkins if need be. Get rid of anything you are sure you wont need and throw in some game changers (cherry bomb, squash, freeze shroom, doom shroom, etc.)

Hope that helps

spectreon
10-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Been wondering how effective Sunflowers/Double Sunflowers are at night... I been using the Mushrooms (the ones that give sunlight, dont remember what they're called) and got thru Survival Night Hard but I still gotta do Pool Night Hard. I was under the impression Sunflowers werent as good at night?

dethklokjoe
10-26-2010, 01:01 AM
This is my general setup for level 2. It nets a ton of sunlight and is nearly impregnable.

Round 1

t s s g p p p p _
t s s g p p p p _
t s s g p p p p _
t s s g p p p p _
t s s g p p p p _

t = twin sf, s = sunflower, g = gatlin pea, p = puff shroom

pick sunflower, twin sf, repeater, gatlin pea, puffshroom, puff shroom imitator, gravebuster, pumpkin, ice shroom, squash. ( Have a rake)

build up sunflowers in columns 1-3 and fill in puffshrooms in 4-8, knock out close graves when you can afford it. Put down repeaters in column 4 around first flag. upgrade them as soon as possible.

Final setup
t t t g g c r m s
t m t g g c r m s
t t t g g c r m s
t m t g g c r m s
t t t g g c r m s

t = twin sf, g = gatlin pea, c = cactus, r = torchwood, m = gloom shroom, s = spike rock.

pumpkins around everything in columns 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8.

so from round 1, i start building towards this.
If a miner is in the round, make sure row 1 has pumpkins and the gloom shrooms are in column 2.
If if vehicles are in the round work on spike rocks in column 9.
If gargantuars are in the round work on column 8 and 9 and make sure pumpkin are on column 3 and 4 and glooms are in 2
if balloon zombies are in the round, build cactus. That is the only purpose for cactus, otherwise it would be another column of gatlin peas

The rows to pumpkin first are row 1, 3, 4, 7, 8. This will stop miners, the little guys gargantuars throw, pole vaulters and and ladder zombies

Dcon6393
10-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Been wondering how effective Sunflowers/Double Sunflowers are at night... I been using the Mushrooms (the ones that give sunlight, dont remember what they're called) and got thru Survival Night Hard but I still gotta do Pool Night Hard. I was under the impression Sunflowers werent as good at night?

Sunflowers are good for night survival hard because of the longevity of the game. use puff shrooms off the start and get a lot of sun, then place other plants, survival night is so easy compared to roof btw haha

macd
11-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I always run the same thing unless it's roof or fog:

Double Sun Flowers/Double Sunflower/ Threepeater/ Winter Melon/ Threepeater/Threepeater/The flaming tree stump things that set fire to your peas/Walnuts or the Big Walnuts/Spike Thing

Nothing ever survives. For Fog I switch the two most right plants on the top row and bottom row to Light/Garlic.

Got through everything pretty easy with that set up.

TOBY DA THUG
01-20-2011, 06:55 PM
I always run the same thing unless it's roof or fog:

Double Sun Flowers/Double Sunflower/ Threepeater/ Winter Melon/ Threepeater/Threepeater/The flaming tree stump things that set fire to your peas/Walnuts or the Big Walnuts/Spike Thing

Nothing ever survives. For Fog I switch the two most right plants on the top row and bottom row to Light/Garlic.

Got through everything pretty easy with that set up.

that might work for the easy levels but it doesnt for the hard... I just tried it and got screwed over on the mining/underground zombies