PDA

View Full Version : Explorer (1000 Miles) Achievement Glitched

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 05:44 PM
i drive 1010.05 miles, but it didn't unlock.

someone with the same problem?

RadiantViper
09-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Did you do it across multiple files, or all in the same save slot?

Varkovsky
09-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Ugh this is just what we need, a stupid achievement and it's glitched! :mad: :uzi::uzi::uzi:

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Did you do it across multiple files, or all in the same save slot?

all in the same slot. :(

i try to fix it with the system cache and with a new beginning in a other slot, nothing works.

SideDish120
09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
all in the same slot. :(

i try to fix it with the system cache and with a new beginning in a other slot, nothing works.

Keep your save and wait. If this is a big thing(Which I'm sure it will be). They will fix it, and as soon as you load up the game. It will unlock.

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Keep your save and wait. If this is a big thing(Which I'm sure it will be). They will fix it, and as soon as you load up the game. It will unlock.

thx for ur answer, i hope so.:(

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 06:06 PM
thx for ur answer, i hope so.:(

What difficulty are you playing on?

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 06:10 PM
What difficulty are you playing on?

on hard difficulty.

Gizmo2k
09-11-2010, 06:46 PM
It had better fucking unlock for me IF I get that far ;)

xDamn3Dx
09-11-2010, 06:57 PM
i drive 1010.05 miles, but it didn't unlock.

someone with the same problem?
I have the same problem... 1100+ miles, but it didn't unlock... =\

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I have the same problem... 1100+ miles, but it didn't unlock... =\

not enough that this achievement is so pointless, now it's glitched too.

Varkovsky
09-11-2010, 07:21 PM
You guys should post in the 2k forum. They have a thread for glitched achievements: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84600&page=3

Whiskey Daniels
09-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm at 960 I believe so I'll let you guys know in a bit if its glitched for me as well. I've done this over all 3 save slots, 1 on medium and 2 on easy.

This DLC seems glitched to high hell, the amount of problems I've ran into is incredible and I have never been more annoyed by a game before. I guess this is what happens when 2K tear off a piece of the original game and hack it up to use as DLC.

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 07:29 PM
You guys should post in the 2k forum. They have a thread for glitched achievements: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84600&page=3

Thx for the Link, i will post my Problem there too.

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 07:32 PM
How you guys going about getting those miles any way? I was using the bridge only at 301 the now.

Varkovsky
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
How you guys going about getting those miles any way? I was using the bridge only at 301 the now.

I'm also at 301 miles. I used the highway and just keep going from 1 end to another. So boring... It better not glitch :uzi:

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm also at 301 miles. I used the highway and just keep going from 1 end to another. So boring... It better not glitch :uzi:

that's my method too. ;)

xDamn3Dx
09-11-2010, 07:45 PM
I received a letter from 2K support...

Please try clearing the cache, to clear the cache on the Xbox 360 do the following:

Go to the Xbox Dashboard, select the System Settings and select Memory.
Highlight the Hard Drive symbol and press Y.

On the option screen select Clear system cache.

You will be asked if you want to perform system maintenance, press 'A' for Yes to confirm.

Please connect your Xbox up to the Internet to get the latest updates.

If your problem persists please try your game in another Xbox and let me know if you get the same error.

I tried to clear the cache, but it did not give any results either...

I have no opportunity to test the game on another Xbox...

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM

I just lost 20 miles from it freezing while loading.

Varkovsky
09-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I wonder what the hell were they thinking with this achievement. Every other ones can be done in 1 playthrough, well maybe not massacre, I ended up with 950 something after the last mission and had to farm the last 50 but that was fast.

100 headshots and blow up 100 cars also came with natural progression but drive 1000 miles? I don't know what to say :uzi:

Whiskey Daniels
09-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I just lost 20 miles from it freezing while loading.

I've lost well over 300 miles from it freezing or failing to load, the game wants to freeze every time I get near my house or a store.

Try dealing with the game wanting to freeze every 10 minutes and having to save every 10 miles for the entire 1000 mile journey, that's what I'm doing, and I'd also like to get the names of the people who came up with this achievement.

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I've lost well over 300 miles from it freezing or failing to load, the game wants to freeze every time I get near my house or a store.

Try dealing with the game wanting to freeze every 10 minutes and having to save every 10 miles for the entire 1000 mile journey, that's what I'm doing, and I'd also like to get the names of the people who came up with this achievement.

Oh im going to work on getting that over on 2K forums :mad:

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM

oh yes, i know what you mean!

Whiskey Daniels
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Yeah, its glitched alright, just hit 1000 miles and nothing.

These idiots should be ashamed of themselves, can't even bug test their own ridiculously stupid achievement.

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Well lets see how this flys

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1106704#post1106704

Gizmo2k
09-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm having second thoughts about attempting this, it's a huge time sink and for what, 10g.... Only done 380miles now, it really doesn't seem worth the HUGE amount of time this is going to take.

I'd bet my favourite socks on the fact that any miles earned on the next DLC won't count towards this either. Even if they went with 500 that'd be a huge stretch. 1000. Fucking insanity. This isn't TDU, this isn't Gran Turismo, in fact the city is that small, they should have realised it's the worst achievement this year. By a long way (haha).

The Cripplers
09-11-2010, 09:10 PM
I wonder if they just didn't think about this achievement when they made it. I mean, if they assumed that miles would be higher than they really are and thought that this would just require a little extra driving.

I'm not liking hearing that this is glitched though.

PhyscoticScot
09-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I wonder if they just didn't think about this achievement when they made it. I mean, if they assumed that miles would be higher than they really are and thought that this would just require a little extra driving.

I'm not liking hearing that this is glitched though.

I think game designers think they can just get away with being stupid and lazy. Gamers really don't stand up for them self in big enough numbers.

RadiantViper
09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
This has probably crossed everybody's minds already, but with this knowledge I would recommend saving before you hit 1000, maybe around 950 or so. If it does happen to glitch, dashboard then try again.

Feldgraf
09-11-2010, 09:56 PM
This isn't TDU, this isn't Gran Turismo, in fact the city is that small, they should have realised it's the worst achievement this year. By a long way (haha).

nice statement :D!

TOBY DA THUG
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
apparently 5 people have this achievement... so theres hope yet.
http://www.trueachievements.com/achievementgamer.aspx?achievementid=48071

My last achievement and Im gunna give it a go and save at 950 like someone said...

Fingers crossed and good luck to those it fucked up on

Jericho Cross X
09-12-2010, 04:45 AM
i had the same problem, I also tried the method of cleaning the cache, but did not work. despair, I thought maybe going as a dangerous hunt 09 (I had glitch 100% normal and hard) and I moved to rescue the other consoles, I made up those few miles I needed for the achievement, is questions in order to have unlocked. who might try to find everything, otherwise I would not know, good luck

Whiskey Daniels
09-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Well guys this is really weird but I just unlocked the achievement.

I cleared my cache and loaded slot 1, which was my original save but kept freezing so I used the other 2 slots to grind miles.

So anyways I was at 991 miles and drove to the 1000 miles and it didn't unlock so I said screw this let me see if dying and having the game reload me back to my safe house would do anything, I had plans of getting into another car after the game reloaded.

So yeah I got out of my car on the interstate and pulled out my shotgun and shot the gas tank and the achievement popped up, I was like wow wtf really?

Either way it does definitely seem buggy but maybe workable if you guys try some different things, good luck to you all.

SSJ3
09-12-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm not even going to attempt this until a patch is out.

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Was everyone that was getting freezing issues using a super charged car?

Barad
09-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I've officially given up on this achievement..therefore I'm not even gonna bother for a million points. fail.

RadiantViper
09-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Was everyone that was getting freezing issues using a super charged car?

I just froze using a twice upgraded (no supercharge) car. I'll try a non-upgraded car next.

This achievement is terrible. If it's not how long it takes plus the freezing, it might not even unlock. I'm a completionist but I'm seriously debating whether just to let this one go.

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I just froze using a twice upgraded (no supercharge) car. I'll try a non-upgraded car next.

This achievement is terrible. If it's not how long it takes plus the freezing, it might not even unlock. I'm a completionist but I'm seriously debating whether just to let this one go.

I thought twice upgraded was the super charge :confused:

The upgrade where you have the engine sticking out your hood. It's the only possible explanation for freezing i can think of as it's so quick at picking up speed it must clash with the game engine.

I tryed to do just 10 miles of bridge runs then went for a save. But even then as i was making my way there it crashed on me. On friday though i managed to do well over 70 miles without a save or it freezing.

Seriously most game designers these days are hacks and exploiters.

ABouncingSoul
09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
This achievement sounds like a real pain now (not only with the requirements, but the fact that so many people are reporting the achievement not unlocking for them). I think I'm going to save right before I hit 1000 miles so then I can play around with what helps to unlock it, and what doesn't.

Whiskey Daniels
09-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I thought it might be the upgrading as well that may be causing the crashing, so for about 600 miles I used a bone stock GL Roller, still froze.

One tip for the guys with freezing issues, from what I noticed its a loading issue when near stores or your house. If you notice when you get near a clothing store or your house garage it takes a second for textures of the store or garage door to load up so what I did was slowed down about a block away and drove up slowly making sure the store or garage wasn't on my screen but still allowing those more detailed textures to load up, usually a good way to tell if they've loaded is when you see lights turn on.

When I started doing that I was able to keep getting back to my house to save, or you could just kill yourself and hope it loads you back into your house and just save and repeat this.

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I thought it might be the upgrading as well that may be causing the crashing, so for about 600 miles I used a bone stock GL Roller, still froze.

One tip for the guys with freezing issues, from what I noticed its a loading issue when near stores or your house. If you notice when you get near a clothing store or your house garage it takes a second for textures of the store or garage door to load up so what I did was slowed down about a block away and drove up slowly making sure the store or garage wasn't on my screen but still allowing those more detailed textures to load up, usually a good way to tell if they've loaded is when you see lights turn on.

When I started doing that I was able to keep getting back to my house to save, or you could just kill yourself and hope it loads you back into your house and just save and repeat this.

I crawled to a gas station at 20MPH and it still froze. Looks like im going to have to get my self killed after every time i need refuled.

Gizmo2k
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM
This freezing is a joke now. Have to save after every 5 fricking miles almost. GAY.

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
This freezing is a joke now. Have to save after every 5 fricking miles almost. GAY.

Getting shot by the cops after running out of fuel never worked got stuck at a loading screen.

Going to try using another slot.

DetroitSSteele
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I was having the same problem. I would drive around for 10 minutes, and it would freeze. I had the game installed to my hard drive. Once I deleted the game from the hard drive, and played the game from disc, the problem stopped. It is kinda weird, but this seemed to solve the freezing issue. I hope this helps.

Feldgraf
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM
after 2200 miles, finally i got it. :o

JieXY
09-12-2010, 07:40 PM

Congratulations man! Salute to your willpower!

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 08:03 PM

:eek:

How the heck you do that? I switched to my other slot and it was going ok but now im getting the same freezing issues again.

RadiantViper
09-12-2010, 08:34 PM
I thought twice upgraded was the super charge :confused:

The upgrade where you have the engine sticking out your hood. It's the only possible explanation for freezing i can think of as it's so quick at picking up speed it must clash with the game engine.

I tryed to do just 10 miles of bridge runs then went for a save. But even then as i was making my way there it crashed on me. On friday though i managed to do well over 70 miles without a save or it freezing.

Seriously most game designers these days are hacks and exploiters.

First upgrade: Speed increase
Second upgrade: Better handling
Third upgrade: Supercharge

I'm gonna keep trying again later tonight ... here's hoping it doesn't freeze on me x.x

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 08:37 PM
First upgrade: Speed increase
Second upgrade: Better handling
Third upgrade: Supercharge

I'm gonna keep trying again later tonight ... here's hoping it doesn't freeze on me x.x

I managed to get on my other slot from 309 to 376 before freezing problems. I think im going to have to start a new game every time and just keep getting more miles till the freezing starts kicking in.

RYAN ARKISON
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
i think i am just going to miss this one, i thought the 50 miles in one car was long enough

Gatar
09-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Is the achievement glitched now?
There are already some people who have the explorer achievement. :confused:
What exactly works now to get it?
I will kill myself when i dont get it after reaching the 1000 miles. But will it save the game when i respawn? Will it save when i just quit?

Almost at 450 Km (need 1609 to get the achievement) But when i dont get the achievement i dont know what i will do with the game disc :uzi:
(I am using the rubberband method. Driving for hours on the highway is way to boring :p)

PhyscoticScot
09-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Is the achievement glitched now?
There are already some people who have the explorer achievement. :confused:
What exactly works now to get it?
I will kill myself when i dont get it after reaching the 1000 miles. But will it save the game when i respawn? Will it save when i just quit?

Almost at 450 Km (need 1609 to get the achievement) But when i dont get the achievement i dont know what i will do with the game disc :uzi:
(using the rubberband method driving for hours on the highway is way to boring :p)

Apparently someone got it after blowing up there car once over 1000. Im just over 400 the now.

Whiskey Daniels
09-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Apparently someone got it after blowing up there car once over 1000. Im just over 400 the now.

This was complete luck, I doubt it will work with anyone else.

My theory is that when you start driving the game glitches, hence all of the freezing and bugs, so I figured once over the 1000 miles having the game reload me back to my unglitched/bugged safe house but yet still with the 1000 miles logged it would maybe unlock and it did.

My whole intention of doing this was to reload a unglitched save and get into a different car and move and it would unlock but I think my original theory was correct about the game glitching as soon as you start moving across the map at a 140 miles MPH.

DJ MIME 1
09-18-2010, 05:48 AM
I hate this so much spent the day working for this cheevo and it froze so many times! I finaly hit 1000 and no damn achievement!!! I realy hate this game it lacks so much and its so buggy and glitched never buying a game from 2k again

Mikey1
09-18-2010, 07:08 AM
How do you "get" a save? Aren't they just randomly given to you after clips in a mission?

Kaleo808
09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
i finally got the achievement after 40:38:17 and it hit 1000 miles didnt get it then i drove again got it at 1000.01 miles hahahaha

Gatar
09-18-2010, 11:58 AM
How do you "get" a save? Aren't they just randomly given to you after clips in a mission?

Go into the options menu and change something -> save
Go back to your house -> save
Start a mission -> save

Gatar
09-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Finally got the achievement after 70 hours. :Bounce:
No glitch for me.

ABouncingSoul
09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
No problems with this achievement - was able to get it as soon as I hit the 1,000 mile mark. But I did save a few miles before just in case.

farbeyonddriven
09-20-2010, 01:08 PM
i think i am just going to miss this one, i thought the 50 miles in one car was long enough

Too right! This 1000 miles put me off getting this dlc, simply because it's far too many miles. If I can only drive about 200 miles during 2 playthroughs of the main game how do they expect anyone to drive 1000 on a small piece of dlc lol.

HamsterLV
09-21-2010, 01:03 PM
This shit keeps freezing when I get near my house! Fuck!

PhyscoticScot
09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
This shit keeps freezing when I get near my house! Fuck!

To save go to options turn the subtitles on or off and back out and it should save.

StarsRPD
09-24-2010, 08:34 PM
1200+ miles no achievement. Im starting on another save (memory unit) without dlc cars.

Edit: 1000 miles on new save shot the gas tank and waited for it. Finally I'm done! Not sure if its the gas tank or what causes the glitch but my top speed was 123km/h using normal cars and I did not save at safehouse or use garage (saved by menu).

Celldweller
09-28-2010, 06:36 AM
I hope I have some good news to share. I sent an e-mail to 2K's support, and this is how it went:

-----------------

Hi Andy,
Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 72 hours.
Kind Regards,
Customer Support Take 2 Interactive

-----------------

Support Ticket #: 216768

Hello,

I'm writing in to report problems with the Explorer achievement on the Xbox 360. I have driven a total of 1,012 miles on a single file for Jimmy's Vendetta, but I have not received an achievement. I've read about many others having the same problem the I have experienced. I've had a lot of problems with freezing in Jimmy's Vendetta along the way, so I'm sure you can imagine the frustration I had while playing for 23 hours, with 14 of those hours being pure grinding for this one achievement.

With all of the things that were done right with both Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven and Mafia II, I was very disappointed to see these problems occur. I would be grateful to hear that it is being worked on and a patch will be released sometime in the foreseeable future to fix the issue of not receiving the previously earned achievements.

Thank you from your fan,
Andrew

Gatar
09-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Best way to avoid the glitch:

Drive until you have 995miles -> save -> then drive the last 5 miles when you dont get it as soon as you hit the 1000 mile mark quit to dashboard so it dont save the progress -> retry

It Dings nearly exact when you hit 1000 miles maybe at 1001 but when it doesnt its saver to retry it

HamsterLV
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Only way I can save now is by adjusting settings (turning subtitles on/off) and I am not sure it will count, cuz stats say I have driven the miles, but when I go to my garage, the car stats are same...

neeker75
09-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Turning subtitles on-off works. I was unable to save at safehouses anymore as the game freezes whenever I'm near them. I've the achievement.

StarsRPD
10-01-2010, 06:45 AM
I think there is a speed glitch you go above 145mph and the miles achievement glitches. I kept it low on my second playthrough while boosting in circles and speeding on bridge. Never once froze on me 100+ hours I've playd the dlc. A few graphical glitches has happened.

amacteur
10-01-2010, 08:17 AM
I played 3 hours yesterday, just boosting and speeding on the highway, I've only 309 miles, that sucks :eek:

lacman38
10-03-2010, 05:18 AM
Going to save mine at 995 and then if it doesnt unlock ill just reload the game.

lacman38
10-03-2010, 05:21 AM
well 2k has made the worst achievement.

amacteur
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
well 2k has made the worst achievement.

I second that...

I finally got it after 12 hours. Fortunately, I didn't have any freezing issue.

I hope 2K won't put any other stupid achievements in the next DLC :mad:

Crowleyman
10-16-2010, 12:27 AM
There's no way I'm wasting 70 hours of my life on an achievement.

jesticulator x
10-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I have only done 400 miles and already getting freezing when I go near a save point or gas station.

brandonator14
10-19-2010, 03:20 AM
i really dont want this dlc now since 1. theres glitches 2. waste of time.

brandonator14
10-19-2010, 03:24 AM
Finally got the achievement after 70 hours. :Bounce:
No glitch for me.

OMG, why does 2k make the dumbest achievements ever?

syn201
10-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I think there is a speed glitch you go above 145mph and the miles achievement glitches. I kept it low on my second playthrough while boosting in circles and speeding on bridge. Never once froze on me 100+ hours I've playd the dlc. A few graphical glitches has happened.

I thought I would try some miles yesterday stole car near docks
I start driving round in circles I got my trusty lacky band out and before I had
Chance to wack it on my pad a guy spawns IN my engine walks over trys to kick crap out of me times like that I wish I had a pvr :(

Upto a epic 608 miles now trying to play another save to get million points
Seen as I failed on easy (500k short) glad the miles count on another save
i is by far the stupidest achievement ever :mad: ..

Difficult Dave 2010
11-29-2010, 04:06 AM
1111 miles no achievement this is stupid.

DiodeX
11-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Seriously!, why is anyone bothering with this stupidist of achievements?, I like to go after points, but haven't you get better/easier points to get??

Difficult Dave 2010
12-02-2010, 07:22 PM
F*** this!! Im deleting everything Mafia 2 and starting over!!!!

Thorpe
12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Seriously!, why is anyone bothering with this stupidist of achievements?, I like to go after points, but haven't you get better/easier points to get??

For some, completion is more important than points. Although, my record is poor.

xXSerialXx
12-10-2010, 04:05 PM
any news? i have 1100 miles and no achievement...
wtf is this?? -.-

any solutions?

i tried the system cache cleaning and blowed up a lot of cars and nothing happened...

cptmorgemaker
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
same 1056 miles and nothing

Priit3
12-16-2010, 08:34 AM
1020 miles and nothing

SHITTTY DLC, DONT BUY IT!!!

anthonyd46
12-16-2010, 06:28 PM
you guys need to save at like 997 miles then retry going over 1000 then getting screwed is avoidable doing it that way

big12fan
12-17-2010, 02:31 AM
I went over 1000 miles using the glitch method for 1,000,000 point and it didn't unlock, however I did save in the options menu at 923 miles, so after in didn't unlock at 1100 miles I quit to the dashboard, then loaded up my save and manually drove the rest of the miles and it unlocked perfectly at 1000.11 miles. I also had the update and I didn't clear my system cache. Hope this helps any.

xXSerialXx
12-22-2010, 12:14 PM
i finally got it!!

i copied my save data from mafia to an usb device and deleted it from my hard drive. then i started a new game in jimmy's vendetta and used the glitch until i had around 995 miles. then get the last 5 miles and the achievement should unlock!! that's the way i got mine. hope this help

damessmeister
12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Stupid achievement and even worse cuz itz glitched

lildevilbmxer
12-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Stupid achievement and even worse cuz itz glitched inncorrect sir its not glitched hence why i just unlocked it hint save before you get to 1000 miles like say 998 and then drive mine unlocked at 1001.89 miles soo hopefully every will unlock there acheivement soon :drunk

Seany Show
12-23-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm having to do this again. I got to 1200 miles but thankfully last saved the game at 890miles. Just bit of grinding to go & hopefully will unlock if drive normally to 1000miles.

damessmeister
12-31-2010, 01:04 AM
I had to start over erase everything but i finally got it this time i made sure I saved at 999 miles

montana97
01-31-2011, 10:45 AM
i left it run while i went to work i came home to late to save it before 1000 miles and i didnt get the achievement so il have to erase my save and start again.

JVC
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Both the 1,000 miles and 1,000 kills did not unlock for me, I hate when these guys can't develop achievements properly, retarded!

PurpleBlade
02-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Drove more then 1000 miles and the achievement didn't unlock, I'm going to try the "fall-off-the-map" glitch and see if it's still possible to get it in a new file:mad:

HATRID
02-10-2011, 11:14 AM
urgggh, drove 1063 miles and nada.
didn't save it, so reverted to my 800 mile save.
now on 930. slightly unimpressed.
i'll let you know what happens this time around.....

too anyone going for this achieve i'de say defo use the glitch, so pointless and borinnnnnnnnnnnnng.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=276690

edit - whayyyy worked this time : )

RILLISM
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
anyone experienced stat reset ? my stats were 200 miles and now its 10 miles :( (im sure i saved it when i turned it off. Had the 200 miles last night and checked this morning and still had it)

retroman1978
02-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Fu**, over 1037 miles, but the achievement don't still unlocked. What can i do?

Yannarg
03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I used the 1.000.000 points glitch and saved my game at 990 miles. Then i drove the rest 10 miles and explorer unlocked at exactly 1000. Hope this helps

Tyger7
03-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Drove 900 something miles too, finished off driving to 1010 on the street.

No achievement.

I am now at 1210 miles. I don't know what you guys mean about a different save file. When I pick on my 26% done which is even a different difficulty, it has the exact same miles as my 100% one does. This is my last achievement in the DLC, and 2nd to last for the whole game as I still need Wanted Posters. Glad I decided to get them last. I did use the glitch for the 1000 miles most of the time, so I have like 90 hours played in the game. Did it all while I slept mostly. Guess I'll just keep going with the miles.

Edit: After going about 997 with the glitch, I finished the last 3 miles on the road and got the achievement.

TerpsFan14FSU
04-01-2011, 03:38 PM
It unlocked for me as soon as I hit 1000 miles. I went through the whole playthrough of the game and had around 300 miles, I used 2 save slots. I then did the glitch until I had 926, then saved it. Then I drove around for the last 74 miles.

BonzoKurosawa
04-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Over 1600, I think I'm going to have to start again. Only the mentally ill would try to get this without that clipping glitch.

atlantic
09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Finally got the Explorer achievement using the glitch. Took the advice from this forum and drove the last few miles rather than hope and pray the achievement would unlock during the glitch.

Completely sick to the back teeth with this game. Glad I've got 100% achievement so I won't have to play Mafia II again. Actually traded in the game for 7 because I didn't even want to even look at the case on my shelf!

Daniel55645
11-13-2011, 06:34 PM
so i have to do this whole thing over now and save at 950 or so miles. that will be hard as i let it fall while i sleep

nevermindaboutme
03-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Don't see what you're all bitching about personally :P

Checked on here to try and find an easy way to do it, checked my mile statistics and I've done:

And yes, that is a minus sign, (sorry for the bump).

Chiefy2times
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Worst achievement EVER!!

...finally got it tonight after 80 hours of gameplay - had 250 miles by completing the game twice, then I did the points glitch and got up to 970 miles, drove 30+ miles over the bridge and at first nothing popped.

However, as I had saved my game gain at 995 miles I loaded this up again (for a moment I thought I had saved after 1000 miles as when I quit out and came back I was over 1000 miles still, but then I went back to the dashboard and re-loaded and I had 995 miles saved...weird?!!

...anyway drove the last 5 miles over the bridge and the magical achievement sound popped! Thank god!! Cheers 2K for feeding my obsession to want to get every freeking achievement!!

ShadoW zonE
03-25-2012, 03:45 PM
I had around 60 miles after the story and 100 after the 1 000 000 points glitch. So i have to drive the rest 900 miles because I don't have a wired controller... I'm at 750 at the moment. Hope everything goes well and the game doesn't glitch because if it does I'm definitely not doing it again!

EDIT: I got the achievement today!!!No glitches or freezes the achievement unlocked right on the mark! I was just driving back and forth on the big bridge. I was getting 1 mile and a little every 1 min. so it took a while... BTW I read somewhere that when you use a DLC car the achievement will glitch. I can confirm this is not true!

Morbious17
06-05-2012, 04:03 AM
I know this post is late, but to anyone who didn't have the achievement unlock when it should, did you ever run out of gas?

In the original 1000, there's an achievement for driving 50 miles with 1 car but if you destroy the car or run out of gas, it resets.

If you leave your car in the glitched fall, it'll eventually run out of gas, so maybe it's either affecting the miles "driven" in that particular car (my personal belief), it could be affecting the entire distance in all cars, or I could be way off. This is just a guess.

Edit: After getting 1232 miles from the glitch, I didn't get the achievement but I noticed I was out of gas. So I reloaded my save and did it again, filling up my gas tank beforehand. When I checked again, I got over 1000 with the glitch making sure I had gas this time (not saving beforehand to drive the last couple miles) and the achievement unlocked. When I got the 1232 miles, that was the only time I ever ran out of gas, so maybe it really does reset.

NightTimeScene
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
This didn't pop for me anyone know why? I tried that glitch where you drive thru the window and kept spinning for 3 days, I got Millionaire though.

NightTimeScene
08-13-2012, 09:38 PM
wish i came on here i didn't save I saved after I hit 1000. I'm @ 1007.81 someone send me a save file please!!!

ChickinOnaChain
08-13-2012, 09:45 PM
I was tempted to go for this because some grinding "missions/quests" I don't mind but I don't know I I could do this one, since there's not a lot of highway in this game. Not like MC: LA and TDU 1, which I did those.

Maybe someday when I'm bored or just feel like driving around.

NightTimeScene
08-19-2012, 03:15 AM
I saved my file @ 994 I belive if anyone wants it I can see if i can save it and send it to you!

I stopped the glitch that one thru the window, and just floating in air, stopped @ 950.. and then just tooled around the city for hours on end. and It popped for me :-) I'll do the same with the 50 miles in one car also. stop @ like 45 maybe and then just drive around for a few.