PDA

View Full Version : Explorer Achievement - For those having freezing problem

LoD WheeZzy
09-13-2010, 01:26 AM
I know there is a lot of people having freezing problem while going for explorer achievement and I had this problem as well. The game was freezing on me like crazy every time I wanted to make a save or when I was passing the store. After trying everything with no success I found a route that is freezing free. I'm 5 hours in the game now fallowing this route and no freezing at all. I thought maybe you, who have this problem, will give it a shot and see if it's gonna work for you.

Here is the map with marked route that you have to fallow.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/4984442077_55f1bfac0b_b.jpg

Just go to the safe house marked with "1" and make a save there. Now drive to the point "2"; This is the place where is the begging of the main route. Now follow the dots till you get to the point "3" and when you get there make a U-turn and go back to the point "2". Now you can either go to the safe house (point "1") and make a save or you can make a U-Turn and drive again to point 3, it's up to you. Save as often as you want, but only in the safe house "1". Don't refuel or repair your vehicle anywhere except your garage and you'll be fine. I lost so far 400 miles because of freezing, so I save the game every two runs, just to be sure. I hope it will help at least some of you that have this problem.

Wraithdagger
09-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Thanks for this. This seems like it will work as I was going in a circle rather than turning around, and it would freeze between the safe house and the end of the highway.

Seriously, did 2K even test this at all?

LoD WheeZzy
09-13-2010, 02:55 AM
Thanks for this. This seems like it will work as I was going in a circle rather than turning around, and it would freeze between the safe house and the end of the highway.

Seriously, did 2K even test this at all?

Yeah, it was freezing for me as well when I was going the full circle, that's why I had to make a U-Turn at the end of the highway.

Wraithdagger
09-13-2010, 04:41 AM
I have another theory on how to deal with the freezing. If you change the settings, it seems to save your file. When I pulled out of my house i was around 197 mi, when I turned down the audio (if i'm going to drive 800 miles, i'm going to listen to my own music), it saved. Then I reloaded checkpoint because I accidentally drove off an overpass and died, and the count had gone up. I can't confirm if this will work if the game freezes though.

UPDATE: THIS DOES IN FACT WORK. I got off the highway because I busted my engine, game froze as I approached a body shop. When I got back into the game the mileage still counted. Happy driving!

ABouncingSoul
09-13-2010, 05:07 AM
I have another theory on how to deal with the freezing. If you change the settings, it seems to save your file. When I pulled out of my house i was around 197 mi, when I turned down the audio (if i'm going to drive 800 miles, i'm going to listen to my own music), it saved. Then I reloaded checkpoint because I accidentally drove off an overpass and died, and the count had gone up. I can't confirm if this will work if the game freezes though.

UPDATE: THIS DOES IN FACT WORK. I got off the highway because I busted my engine, game froze as I approached a body shop. When I got back into the game the mileage still counted. Happy driving!

Nice tip about the game settings. You can just go and turn subtitles on/off and then it saves immediately afterwards...

SSJ3
09-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Nice tip about the game settings. You can just go and turn subtitles on/off and then it saves immediately afterwards...

Awesome, This should make this grind more quicker now.

Gatar
09-13-2010, 09:56 AM
But are you sure that it saves the miles you drove and not only the changings in the options?

Wraithdagger
09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
I save every 10 miles or so. Whenever the game freezes it reverts to the previous save. Since you're saving on the road (or at least I've been) it takes me back to the house and my car was like when i first started the grind, but the miles driven statistic has still continued to rise with every settings change/save.

So... it SHOULD work, assuming the achievement itself isn't glitch.

Gatar
09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Great thanks.

I hope the achievement works for me. Already 18 people in the world got it. ;)

The Cripplers
09-14-2010, 03:48 AM
For all the people having freezing issues, was it like that the whole DLC, or did it start while going for the Explorer one?

JieXY
09-14-2010, 03:57 AM
For all the people having freezing issues, was it like that the whole DLC, or did it start while going for the Explorer one?
It froze on me twice while I was just progressing through the DLC mission. Then I have had another two times while going for the achievement.

Wraithdagger
09-14-2010, 04:33 AM

I've had it freeze just randomly when driving around, when approaching a mission start point (got within a few feet of it), and most recently when getting off the highway while grinding Explorer and attempting to refuel and/or repair.

SneakyofSneaks
09-14-2010, 08:01 AM
The only time I freeze is when browsing the leaderboards, always the same spot too when it switches to the military fuel theft mission board

HamsterLV
09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Great tip man! Just what I needed!

HamsterLV
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
For me, started after completing the DLC and when I started to grind for the achievement!

neeker75
09-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Unfortunately, the game freezes on me near the safehouse at 1. It has frozen four times whenever I past by that area. I'm not going past this area again.