PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell "Conviction" coming up

prophet530
05-03-2007, 09:39 PM
The new Splinter Cell is coming out by the end of the year. I've alway loved the games. Never really cared for the online though. Game seems cool, site is alittle weak.
Looks like 3E is in big trouble from within this time.
http://tinyurl.com/2t9prx
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w265/PROPHET530/1YCLiGJhbC9FCxoFGltTVkQ3L2FjaC8wLzE.jpg
Invisable man achievement 10/19/06

Fonkey Monkey
05-03-2007, 10:25 PM
already? shit.
from the sounds of people i know that like the series, they need to do some revamp-age, cuz the last one was a dissapointment.

Nodogg
05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
SWEET! I love the Splinter Cell series and as Fonkey Monkey said the Double Agent installment wasn't up to par in my opinion. The solo-player modes were fine but multi-player stuff sucked if you ask me.

P.S. This installment is going to be done by Ubisoft Montreal who, IMO, made the best Splinter Cell installment: Chaos Theory!

Cyrex
05-04-2007, 12:43 AM
splinter cell would be sick i would rent it for a long time but i doubt that i would buy it because i don't have enough money

Smokez
05-04-2007, 01:03 AM
You guys didn't like SC : DA? I really enjoyed that one. The only thing i didnt like was that they never fixed there servers and the stupid Car Tourney was rigged.

Shaaady Souljah
05-04-2007, 01:14 AM
You guys didn't like SC : DA? I really enjoyed that one. The only thing i didnt like was that they never fixed there servers and the stupid Car Tourney was rigged.

i also really liked DA--even the online play. there was a better balance between Spies n Mercs in that one i thought, as opposed to Chaos Theory.

highpass
05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Really looking forward to the new elements they mention, although i'm not in any rush for this... I'd rather they take their time, polish it as much as possible, and give us a sequel to rival the originals. Not to say SCDA wasn't great, just not what it could've been.

prophet530
05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Really looking forward to the new elements they mention, although i'm not in any rush for this... I'd rather they take their time, polish it as much as possible, and give us a sequel to rival the originals. Not to say SCDA wasn't great, just not what it could've been.
I agree on all points. With all the games coming out this fall and holiday season I bet it gets pushed back. Seems like they all do anyway. I thought DA was a great game like most though it was to short. I think they should have a 40 hour minimum be mandatory.

Sad but the best one is still the 1st one. How stinkin many times did I fall off that dam cliff on the last level. To many. Might have stepped in the dog pooh to. lol

trunk187
05-05-2007, 12:40 AM
so is it going to take place after D.A or not ether way it will be awesome i was just wandering if he is still on the run from D.A

Webb
05-05-2007, 11:16 AM
*thread moved to Conviction board*

angry
05-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Here is some new Splinter cell conviction Artwork Pics:

link: http://www.gamer.nl/doc/39059 (http://www.gamer.nl/doc/39059)

What do you think of them?.

Agnostic
05-15-2007, 10:50 PM
The June 07' GameInformer issue with COD4 on the front has a in depth article on Conviction. Check it out if you haven't already.

They definitely went in a whole other direction than what we have been accustomed to. And personally for me it seems it is in the right direction.

prophet530
05-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Here is some new Splinter cell conviction Artwork Pics:

link: http://www.gamer.nl/doc/39059 (http://www.gamer.nl/doc/39059)

What do you think of them?.

Sam sure looks younger. Same surgeon as Brittney used. Nice hair.

DeW222
05-17-2007, 04:03 AM
This game looks like it's going to be amazing. I don't know if people caught the finer details of the game, but there are over 10,000 animations in game. That is HUGE. It took Ubisoft Montreal 8 months worth of biomechanics production to make a chair be picked up and thrown perfectly. Animation is one of the things I've always found really limited in games today, and it looks like Conviction is going to make huge strides forward in that aspect.

Ghost x360a
06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I cant tell you how excited I am about this game, its kind of drifting away from the what the Splinter Cell games are about but I think the game looks awesome.

W. Samuel Jones III
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
I can't wait I love the SC series.

Its too bad that Ubisoft always delays the game. I wouldn't expect this to be released on time. Currently its scheduled for 12/07, but I doubt it.

They (Ubisoft) delayed SCDA 3 times, and waited until the last minute to release a demo for the consumer.

Lokstir
06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
so is that really sam fisher or not? it looked like a completely different person in the trailer but how could they make splinter cell and not have sam fisher

Ghost x360a
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
so is that really sam fisher or not? it looked like a completely different person in the trailer but how could they make splinter cell and not have sam fisher

It is, he just doesnt have his tights on.

Feel My Rage
07-08-2007, 05:33 AM
Haha...nice Ghost....

I recognized him only cuz Ive seen him without his mask on...

DropDeadArtemus
09-12-2007, 02:10 PM
yeah Double Agent was kind of a let-down but conviction looks like its gonna revamp the series. looks incredible. cant wait to play.

willcrazyiii
09-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Double Agent was amazing, hoping Conviction can better it. I thought Double Agent's online play was brilliant, my friends and I went through every single Co-op challenge, and we had a great time.

Long live Sam Fisher!

ClutchPapi34
11-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I think this game looks like alot of fun. I thought SCDA was a great game. I liked the multiplayer too. Does anyone know if conviction will have multiplayer? If so, will it be the same type of spies vs. mercs?

Shutup23
12-29-2007, 01:52 AM
Ah yes, splinter cell. One of the greatest games I have played. I loved the first one, have not played the second one yet, loved the third one and its multiplayer, loved the campaign on the fourth one but hated the multiplayer and now I cant wait for the fifth one. Its going to rock, I have always wanted to throw security gaurds around.

:woop:

HitmanIV
06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I cannot wait for this Splinter Cell. I also thought that the mulitplayer in Double Agent was terrible. I hope that they can try and get some of the same kind of multiplayer that they had in Chaos Theory.

sTyLeZ
06-21-2008, 12:56 PM
i just can't wait for this one i really enjoyed double agent i just hope the gameplay doesn't change much