PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
05-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 01:53 PM
This game is going to be a disaster for the 100G achievement. 50 jerkoffs will probably be amazing and never lose. Almost as stupid as the 1000 online achievement. EA needs to get their shit together...

Way too many online points in general, actually... not looking forward to this.

Krueger
08-21-2007, 02:08 PM
this list is a lot better than nhl 07 but they had do beat someone in the top 50 thank you ea for screwing up another achievement list

Rocket
08-21-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, I haven't quite gotten to hockey yet, slowly making my way through the sports titles, very slowly haha, but this is why right here I guess...beat someone in the top 50? Thats retarded...EA should have known that people who get that far up will protect that rank no matter what, how gay can they get?

Sil3nt360
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Top 50 will be a hard one to get. Better play a lot the first week the game is out. I hope super sim is in this game.

ronbeech
08-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Score as a goalie?
Come now..thats absurd.

Creech
08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree, way to many achievements are online, especially for ranked game types. Just too many smack talking idiots on ranked sports games for me, guess I pass on this one and hope 2K sports does a better job because I really like hockey.
:(

TrembL
08-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Probably don't have to worry about beating someone in the top 50 as it will most likely be a broken achievement.

hamman41
08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
475pts for online achievements for a EA game. Far too many and added to EA's glitched online achievement record I think I'll get the 2K NHL instead so I only have to put up with one glitched ach.

DisturbedDan
08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
score with a goalie? ugh

ea is pissy about there online system to. So it might be hard to boost wins in this games.

Scotian Bred
08-21-2007, 06:01 PM
The only thing thats gonna make it hard to get the "beat someone in the top 50 rank" is if they still have all those flaws of glove high shots and the on purpose lagging .. and the score with a goalie is nothing really as long as you can get it in single player .. just switch teams remove other goalie switch to your team get goalie the puck and shoot it down the ice .. thats if they made the goalies puck handling abilty better which they probly did .

Ruthless
08-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Everyone in top 50 is gonna get some FRs i can tell ya, all sayin let me beat you mate, etc... hope im not one of em, doubt ill get this game til its under £15

DisturbedDan
08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
The only thing thats gonna make it hard to get the "beat someone in the top 50 rank" is if they still have all those flaws of glove high shots and the on purpose lagging .. and the score with a goalie is nothing really as long as you can get it in single player .. just switch teams remove other goalie switch to your team get goalie the puck and shoot it down the ice .. thats if they made the goalies puck handling abilty better which they probly did .

As the lead NHL® 08 Profile Score a goal with the Goalie on Superstar Mode

cravenmoorhead5
08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
As long as nothing is glitched like 2K7 i will be fine with trying for all these achievements, good challenge i think.

The Pants Party
08-21-2007, 09:33 PM
As the lead NHL® 08 Profile Score a goal with the Goalie on Superstar Mode

Doesn't mean you can't use two controllers. Most EA games let you play against a friend in your season.

Capocci 007
08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Actually if the records carry over i will be close to the top 50 ill probably be at near 60 , when i reach the top 50 ill let you guys know so we can have a game.

The Killer 47
08-22-2007, 10:32 PM
These seem like a serious pain in the ass. I don't really care for hockey, so I probably wont bother with this one. Its starting to seem like we can't count on the sports titles anymore for easy 1000s.

Smokez
08-23-2007, 01:03 AM
There is going to be alot of boosting going on in this game. Maybe they will reset the leaderboards once a month. Or even weekly top 50 will count.

Adict1989
08-24-2007, 09:26 PM
I do think some of the achievements are ridiculous but I don't mind because i love hockey too much to not get it. Possibly for the "Beat someone in the top 50" they will make it so if you win against someone who has the achievement already(even if they aren't in the top 50) that you can get it. Kind of like "beat a developer" in Tony Hawk's Project 8. I can only hope.

Capocci 007
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
this is going to be an easy 1000 , i dont know why everyone is hatin. this game is wayy beter then 2ks hockey game. way better.

cravenmoorhead5
08-27-2007, 02:05 AM
this is going to be an easy 1000 , i dont know why everyone is hatin. this game is wayy beter then 2ks hockey game. way better.

I wouldnt say an easy 1000 but is very reachable with a little time. Easy 1000 are the little kid games like Shrek and Open Season, etc.

Lek Wee Eh
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Teh achievz0rs in this game are not beyond reach, but arent that idea. The developers at EA do great on the Madden series for easy achievements. I really enjoyed 08 not having online achievements, so I dont have to listen to 13 year old ghetto children from the Bronx all day. NHL is going to rock, and not have all the cluttery trash that 2k's hockey has. ATLEAST NHL doesnt have the ghetto children from the Bronx to listen to.. my poor ears. I much rather listen to privileged folk.

cravenmoorhead5
08-29-2007, 08:11 PM
so I dont have to listen to 13 year old ghetto children from the Bronx all day

U just have to worry about the 13 year old wayne gretzky wannabes. One other thing I thought of NHL 07 had laggy online play. If it was much more fluent this year that would be super!!!

Fullawka14
08-30-2007, 06:54 AM
Well 07's achievements were way to easy. I bought the game and i should've just rented it cuz i beat it in a couple days. The achievements will actually have people playing this game for a while at least.

bosInFusioN
09-09-2007, 05:04 PM
This game will be played long passed 1000/1000 by many I'm sure.

Having custom online leagues in this game will be sweeeeeet.

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
i agree with the man a few below me... i woud rather play against privileged kids too

bosInFusioN
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Join an organized online league to sidestep the kiddies and earn achievements.

ocelot 212
09-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Score as a goalie?
Come now..thats absurd.
i scored quite a few goals with my goalie in 07. its hard but i think with the new goalie controls it will be much easier to do this that in previous games and plus if you're playing with a friend just take control of your goalie pass it to the other team that your friend is controlling and have them put it in their empty net. there are no own goals in hockey like soccer has

Hannibal 493
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Alright, this might be a stupid question, but how do you activate the superstar mode. I've only seen dynasty mode. Any thoughts?

Trujew
09-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Alright, this might be a stupid question, but how do you activate the superstar mode. I've only seen dynasty mode. Any thoughts?

its a difficulty not a mode.

Rookie, Pro, Allstar, Superstar

Hannibal 493
09-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Thanks a lot

theflakes
09-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Can I play against a friend on superstar mode and get some achievements?

Jerosko
09-18-2007, 12:31 AM
yes you can..

Bobtroid
09-19-2007, 04:47 AM
No penalties in a superstar game- Taking penalties off doesn't work.

theflakes
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
25 shots in a period.

I had 25 shots with sid the kid the last night in period 1 and didnt get it.:(yes you can..

Bobtroid
09-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Playing as a team
As NHL® 08 Lead Profile win an Online Ranked VS. Game with a friend on the same Xbox 360 console

So I would have to play one of my other profiles?

ddill168
09-21-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure, but it may mean to guest sign in your friend. I haven't tried this one yet.

biosc1
09-23-2007, 06:43 PM
No penalties in a superstar game- Taking penalties off doesn't work.

Ha, dang, if only I'd read this 20 minutes ago ;)

LyndzOwen10
09-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but I was playing online today and got tripped on a break away, and scored on the penalty shot. When I was done the game I got the “Penalty Shot Hero” Achievement. The description for it is “As the lead NHL® 08 Profile Score a goal on the penalty shot in Pro Mode”. So I guess you can get some of the “pro mode” achievements online.

brAnd7onX
10-30-2007, 10:49 PM
I have a question that I don't think has been asked. For the achievement of beating someone ranked in the top 50... does it have to be a ranked versus match or can it be a ranked shootout match???

ATCS
10-31-2007, 03:23 AM
It has to be ranked matchup, not shootout.

Also, do they reset the leaderboards at the beginning of every month? I've been holding off playing since I have over 20 games played but don't want to waste my time playing if they are going to reset in a few days.

zeroway21
11-15-2007, 12:05 AM
As the lead NHL® 08 Profile Record 40 shots or more on goal in an Online Ranked Versus GameThis is fairly straight forward. Play a ranked match online and get 40 shots on net. Every time you cross the Blue line, fire the puck on net keeping in mind that missing high and wide does not count. You have all 3 periods to get 40 shots so that is 13 shots per period. Having a friend help also works. Just get your 40 shots really quick, then let him get his.

I got over 40 shots against my friend on an online ranked versus match.How come I didn't receive this achievement?:confused:

Also,I'm struggling with the Elite/AHL upset achievement,too.I can't seem to get good scoring opp on superstar mode.

duckydan
11-30-2007, 03:03 PM
As the lead NHL® 08 Profile Record 40 shots or more on goal in an Online Ranked Versus GameThis is fairly straight forward. Play a ranked match online and get 40 shots on net. Every time you cross the Blue line, fire the puck on net keeping in mind that missing high and wide does not count. You have all 3 periods to get 40 shots so that is 13 shots per period. Having a friend help also works. Just get your 40 shots really quick, then let him get his.

I got over 40 shots against my friend on an online ranked versus match.How come I didn't receive this achievement?:confused:

Also,I'm struggling with the Elite/AHL upset achievement,too.I can't seem to get good scoring opp on superstar mode.

For the Elete/AHL/Penalty acheivements turn on remote 2 and control the NHL team. Skate behind the net and walk away for the 5 minute period. Use the 2nd remote to be the closest skater and noone will come near you. Do this periods 1 & 2. Period 3 pull the NHL goalie and score with the AHL/Elite goalie. Then hide behind the net as before and wait til the game ends. You can also keep pulling the NHL goalie and score 7-8 goals and get the 3 players achievement.

Nitz13
12-02-2007, 02:32 AM
For the Elete/AHL/Penalty acheivements turn on remote 2 and control the NHL team. Skate behind the net and walk away for the 5 minute period. Use the 2nd remote to be the closest skater and noone will come near you. Do this periods 1 & 2. Period 3 pull the NHL goalie and score with the AHL/Elite goalie. Then hide behind the net as before and wait til the game ends. You can also keep pulling the NHL goalie and score 7-8 goals and get the 3 players achievement.

cool Thanks, I Tired Stacking an AHL Team with 3 created players and a 99 Goalie lol. but when I won 5-2 I didn't get the achievement, guess your not allowed to tamper with the teams :(

Ill Try your suggestion later :woop:

newbsicle
12-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Do the wins reset every month? Just wondering because if you got on the day after they reset beating someone in the top 50 would be a fairly easy achievement. That's the only thing that's holding me back from playing this game.

exorr
01-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Anyone know if league games count towards the Play 50 Ranked games online? Few friends and I are playing a league and I was just curious about that.

Wiggum
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
How do you sign in a guest on NHL for the Playing as a Team achievement?

State 0f Chaos
01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
How do you sign in a guest on NHL for the Playing as a Team achievement?

The same way you would for almost any other game. Turn on another controller, then hit "sign in" and pick guest. The first time I tried it in this game, "guest" wasn't an option until I tried going into a game...maybe that'll work if it doesn't show up beforehand?

State 0f Chaos
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
Also, for anyone that doesn't have "Stay Out of the Box" by now....just let the controller sit, that's what I did. Generally, if you find the right spot on the ice and stay there, no one will touch you and everyone will freeze. If you have another controller just turn it on and put it on the other team, then put that guy near you...the computer will think he is covering him so it won't do anything about it.

Icing the puck everytime or sitting behind the net will NOT guarantee a penalty-free game on your part since the computer will be moving all the players around and may draw a penalty.

D e 5 t R u C t
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
is this one much harder than the 2k8 for achievements? i know that 2k8 has horrible game play... does this one have good gameplay?

Smugu
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
is this one much harder than the 2k8 for achievements? i know that 2k8 has horrible game play... does this one have good gameplay?

maybe you shoul download the demo and see for yourself :P
but in my opinion its good.

phattonyca
02-06-2008, 06:38 AM
you can definitely tamper with the ahl & elite teams as i traded the likes of Crosby, Ovechkin, Iggy, Lecavalier etc to both of the teams and have unlocked both achievements

Note: save a backup roster file

II MO 3 II
02-13-2008, 06:42 PM
sup guys, i was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the overtime win in ranked versus game achievement? i was playing it late night and i won in overtime with 27.6 seconds left and i didnt get the achievement? anyone know why? thanks.

nickhopkinz
02-13-2008, 11:53 PM
i won twice in ot online and it never gave me the acheivement, then finally the 3rd time it unlocked, possibly a glitched acheivement

II MO 3 II
02-14-2008, 01:42 AM
o alright thanks for the tip nickhopkinz

Bobtroid
02-27-2008, 06:05 AM
For Online All the Time can you just do 50 games and quit them?

CoMMiSSo10
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
2 controllers did not work for me at all..i got score with a goalie win with ahl and 25 shots but it didnt work and i did it twice:eek:

Neomop
03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
The SO mastery achievement is glitched too. I won legitimately last night in a SO and didn't have it unlocked, but I boosted this morning for OT winner and that unlocked =\ now i'm trying SO mastery again.

Cod2
06-30-2008, 07:52 PM
What exactly do I have to do to unlock the 'Create a Skater' achievement? I put my created skater on the first line up, and played the entire game, but I still didn't unlock it.

buck wyyld
07-10-2008, 11:38 PM
What exactly do I have to do to unlock the 'Create a Skater' achievement? I put my created skater on the first line up, and played the entire game, but I still didn't unlock it.

I would make a new skater and try again--though those 3 have caused some people some pain, based on the forums here.

The real problem seems to lie in the He Shoots, He Scores and Shoot It! achievements. Many people are reporting difficulties unlocking them, and I have to add my voice to that cacaphony. Among you who have the achievement, what conditions did you use to obtain it? I've read most of these and have sweet F.A. to show for it. Otherwise, I'm about ready to consider this achievement glitched.

Actually, none of these damn achievements are unlocking. WTF is up with this POS? Anybody else have similar problems? Back to Gamefly goes this garbage.

TheChupacabra10
07-29-2008, 08:20 AM
Hey guys, I have been boosting the majority of these achievements over the last 5 days and have had no problems. But to respond to buckwyyld ill state my conditions.

I started the games with both controllers activated and finished the games the same way. I also have another xbox live account which I had the controller signed into. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU GO INTO THE CONTROLLER SELECT SCREEN. I did have problems when doing that. If you guys have any other q's feel free to send me a message over xbox live

GT - TheChupacabra10

TheChupacabra10
07-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Also for my create a goalie/skater achievement I put them on my season team and boosted that way towards my goalies nightmare with my stacked played, had no problems

AngmarCaptain
08-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Wow, you guys actually are brutal. It's so easy to beat the top 50's. I've beaten like 6 of them, some 3 or 4 times. Most that i've played have one cheap move, once you know it, just work to stop it and you're fine. The achievements aren't really that hard guys. The only one that is ridiculous is the goalie achievement. Learn how to play hockey!!! NOOBS!

xxXI Dave IXxx
10-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Learn how to play hockey!!! NOOBS!

Piss off ROOKIE. Maybe you got lucky, you should try saying that to someone who is 0-15 against top 50. Its far harder than it should be. And these days, it can be hard just getting a match against someone in the top 50, let alone beating them. This is a place for people to seek out help and advice, not get beat up about their hockey skills.

hollow valley
05-05-2009, 06:15 AM
I got 41 shots in a versus ranked game and the game was over then it said I lost connection with the other user. The 40 shots achievement did not unlock. Am I missing something or did he have to stay til after the game? If he had to stay after the game then that's bullshit. WTF

qI Mike Ip
03-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Well I've played 52 total games according to my stats page, then why hasn't this achievement popped? I did quit a lot of games for this, but it was after the 15:00 mark so they would count as games. Am I missing something?:(

chazmo99
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I got 41 shots in a versus ranked game and the game was over then it said I lost connection with the other user. The 40 shots achievement did not unlock. Am I missing something or did he have to stay til after the game? If he had to stay after the game then that's bullshit. WTF

im pretty sure you needed to finish the game

Hektik2123
11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I can get my created play on any team i mad him and saved it and i can find him on but when i go to add him to a roster hes not on the free agent list help please.